2016/2017 NFL thread: The Final Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Le'Veon Bell set a Steelers single-game postseason rush record last week with 167 Rush Yards. He beat that record tonight."

and they didn't score a TD... how does that happen lol
Great red zone D. Have to think the Pats are pretty happy about this.

Well, I'm rooting for the Falcons to win it all now. They've never won a Super Bowl and it would be nice to see a new team hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

So at this point I guess I'm rooting for a Patriots/Falcons Super Bowl. I like Brady but would like to see Ryan get the ring. And of course I can't help but root for Sanu as a former Bengal.

I can root for the Packers against the Steelers if it goes that route, but that's about the only team I'd root for them over. The Packers for some reason just irritate me.

You've both just moved to the top of the NFL thread list. the bottom consists of DS and Cam Newton

I'd be surprised if he gets it, as much as he deserves it over everyone, he isn't as popular as Aaron or Brady.

I'd be surprised if he gets it, as much as he deserves it over everyone, he isn't as popular as Aaron or Brady.
After seeing the All Pro voting, I can see him getting it.

That irritate you because they actually have legacy unlike your Bengals.

Chiefs need to think about moving on from Alex Smith. Their defense was amazing. But when you take away Smith's primary options he just falls apart. He didn't start hitting his third and fourth receivers til that final drive. He cannot adapt, he cannot get the big play outside of the occasional deep ball that he lobs up there to his star receiver who brings it down due to their own merit more than Smith's. But like I said, take them out and he just exists. He is a game manager in the truest sense of the words. With Oakland on the rise and Denver being a Tony Romo away, KC's window is small (which is already bad because they have to somehow squeeze Andy Reid's fat ass through it). They are squandering the opening by sticking with Smith.

Smart move: trade him back to the 49ers. York has made clear that he wants an immediate turnaround, which is impossible because the team needs a total rebuild. But a QB like Smith will at least plug holes and buy time for the GM and coach to rebuild. Plus the rumor is the 49ers aren't in love with any of the early draft prospects and are willing to part with the number 2 pick. So the answer: trade Smith and the KC first and third or fourth round picks for the San Fran first round and possibly a conditional 2018 draft pick. Draft DeShaun Watson or Mitch Trubisky. Hell, even draft Jonathan Allen with the 2 pick and then make a play for Cutler or Romo. Just get someone under center who is capable of making big plays rather than a game manager.

Last edited:
Chiefs need to think about moving on from Alex Smith. Their defense was amazing. But when you take away Smith'S primary options he just falls apart. He didn't start hitting his second and third receivers til that final drive. He cannot adapt, he cannot get the big play outside of the occasional deep ball that he lobs up there to his star receiver who brings it down due to their own merit more than Smith's. But like I said, take them out and he just exists. He is a game manager in the truest sense of the word. With Oakland on the rise and Denver being a Tony Romo away, KC's window is small (which is already bad because they have to somehow squeeze Andy Reid'S fat ass through it). They are squandering the opening by sticking with Smith.

Smart move: trade him back to the 49ers. York has made clear that he wants an immediate turnaround, which is impossible because the team needs a total rebound. But a QB like Smith will at least plug holes and buy time for the GM and coach to rebuild. Plus the rumor is the 49ers aren't in love with any of the early draft prospects and are willing to part with the number 2 pick. So the answer: trade Smith and the KC first and third or fourth round picks for the San Fran first round and possibly a conditional 2018 draft pick. Draft DeShaun Watson or Mitch Trubisky. Hell, even draft Jonathan Allen with the 2 pick and then make a play for Cutler or Romo. Just get someone under center who is capable of making big plays rather than a game manager.
This does not sound stupid.

With Oakland on the rise and Denver being a Tony Romo away, KC's window is small (which is already bad because they have to somehow squeeze Andy Reid's fat ass through it).

You badly joker :funny:

This does not sound stupid.

Well of course it doesn't, I said it. :cwink:

The more I think about it, the more I like the Cutler to KC move. He is only 11 months older than Smith, is far more naturally talented, and if he stays healthy could have a few good years left. Plus, though he has been a diva and inconsistent, Andy Reid has always been good at getting the best out of troubled players. It's probably his biggest talent as a coach (one must wonder if its a skill he developed by dealing with having an addict son). With that defense and their offensive weapons, Cutler could actually do well there. Acquire Cutler and then maybe Chad Kelly, who has a lot of upside but has fallen to the mid to late rounds due to his off the field/personality issues (which is, again, Reid's specialty). A few years holding a clip board would let the naturally talented Kelly mature (especially while backing up Jay Cutler, the ultimate cautionary tale of what a bad attitude can do to an otherwise talented player) and possibly take the reigns when Cutler's time is up.

Last edited:
I'd rather take the risk with a draft prospect than go back to a guy I know for a fact is mediocre if I were the 49ers but I see why the decision would be made. It's not like the QB class feels that impressive this year.

Last edited:
Rodgers might not be the GOAT but he's been the most exciting QB to watch since he came into the NFL.

But that Packers D is going to get obliterated against the Falcons. Rodgers will have to do some special things again.

source.gif

I don't know if you listen to podcasts or pay attention to NFL writers, but Chris Wessling from the Around The NFL podcast turned me on to him. He's been promoting hardcore.

well most of the nfl writers and analyst pretend the falcons don't exists.. same with the braves and hawks lol

nice timing for this thread to end heading into the conference championships

The Falcons, Braves and Hawks aren't even the most popular team in their state.

Atlanta flew under the radar this year, which is why I'd love to see them sneak in and win the Super Bowl.

It's also crazy to think that Brady could end up playing a 6th different team in the Super Bowl if they win. (Rams, Panthers, Eagles, Giants and Seahawks).

To underline just how badly Garrett is being out coached, even with a scoring drive, Dallas played right into Green Bay's hands. Green Bay gave Dallas the middle of the field and allowed them to take a good 5 or 6 minutes off the clock in a game where Dallas is down by 15 points. There was no urgency, no no huddle. Then it cuts to Jerr'uh in his box, dancing around after the TD, completely oblivious to the fact that Dallas first touched the ball in the second half behind by 15, and did not change that until 2 minutes into the fourth quarter.

McCarthy knows he isn't going to stop Dallas's offense entirely. So he did next best thing, he let Dallas run down the clock for him. :funny:

Also, to underline how inept Dallas is as a franchise; Jason Witten, a 14 year veteran, career long Cowboy and future Hall of Famer just scored his first post season touchdown of his career. It's sad Dallas did not give him many opportunities to do so much sooner.

But Garrett is being heralded as coach of the year? :huh:

And people are ignoring his record prior to this year was 2 games over 0.500 after 7 years.

Including last night's game, 1 out 4 in Win or Go Home games.

Ill get behind Atlanta because they and their fans are petty AF

re: Future and BowWow

they need to find Munns ex - she did date an actor or two before Rodgers

Ryan had a great year but playing for Atlanta puts you under the radar. When your contemporaries (Flacco and Wilson) are winning SB and he was 1 and 4 in the Playoffs despite being in the league since 2008 and you really don't hear him being criticized. Unless he's getting blasted in the Atlanta area... ? :huh:

Tony Romo would have won that game. :o
May have done better than two field goals on those two drives at the end of the game at least.

Dak avoids turnovers, but might be a bit over-cautious at times. Sometimes you have to be aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"