2011 NFL Thread: The Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her team has thirteen championship titles and just won the Superbowl last year.

I feel so bad for her.

:dry:

:lmao:

Maybe so, but don't forget that your offense hasn't been posting big numbers lately. If Brady gets a read on your defense, it could be lights out.

people were saying the same thing about the 49er's this past week. all it takes is a few things to go right. No one is unbeatable including the all mighty brady. We beat them once in there own house and can do it again.

Good move by the Colts. Caldwell was ineptitude incarnate.

My stance on Smith has always been that he is a talented, athletic and smart guy. I am going to support him and not going to give up on him until he is afforded the opertunity to play in the same system for a few years. It is something that almost every other QB has as a given.

Smith, Campbell and now Bradford are playing uphill with revolving playbooks. Mostly because media and fans who demand microwave sucess have too much influence on owners who now fire coaches on a hair trigger.

What does need to prove? He's done everything right this season

I've not given up on him in the least & I want him to succeed in the biggest way. I want him to be able to throw for TDs & yardage like Rodgers & other excellent QBs. It's just that whenever he goes back to throw he sometimes has his throws blocked or deflected or even off target, I really don't know why, though. It would just be prudent to have a QB, just in case.

Ah, Caldwell. About damn time.

He should team up with Eric Mangini and host a new ESPN show called Opinions of Guys Who Will Never Coach Again.

Caldwell and Mangini hosting an ESPN program would undoubtedly put me in a permanent vegetative state.

I've not given up on him in the least & I want him to succeed in the biggest way. I want him to be able to throw for TDs & yardage like Rodgers & other excellent QBs. It's just that whenever he goes back to throw he sometimes has his throws blocked or deflected or even off target, I really don't know why, though. It would just be prudent to have a QB, just in case.
I think everyone would want their QB to throw like Rogers. :o

Basically every person imaginable is popping out of the wood work saying that they are life long Niners fans and have always thought that Smith is the next Joe Montana. :funny:

Here's the thing, has he been "great?" That is really generous. 3,000 yards, 18 TDs. That is average at best. Granted, he hasn't thrown picks, but Harbaugh hasn't really put him in a position where he could. I still think he has a lot to prove and if his coach has to plan around him....that says something. Sure, it's his first year in the system but it is also his 7th year in the NFL. Like I said, for every one Kurt Warner, there are probably twenty Chad Penningtons who have one good season and then slip right back into their mediocre ways. Whatever the reason for it, he has still been mediocre for seven years. You're telling me if a better option is on the table, you wouldn't take it?
This 'coming out' aside, do you think they stuck with him for too long because of they money they paid and how hyped he was? It took Eli about, what, three compete seasons to 'pan out'. Did the organization always feel the potential was just waiting to come out for those 6+ years or so? THey musty have seen something, otherwise they 'stuck' with him.

Ah, Caldwell. About damn time.

He should team up with Eric Mangini and host a new ESPN show called Opinions of Guys Who Will Never Coach Again.

They should add him to the NBC studio team. Good lord...could you imagine?

How is that any diffrent from my linked Dec post? I have yet to see anyone claim he is the next Montana.

I think the bigger question is, if they have the chance to get another Montana-level talent instead (like Manning), should they take it?

Yeah, that does make the most sense. He would be stupid to jump ship to another team. The big argument in Smith's favor year-after-year has been that he's had no consistency with his coaching staff. To leave after working with with a staff that he's had success with would be foolish.

However, given the dearth of talent at QB on so many teams around the league, I could see some team offering him a sweet deal.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Alex Smith: Hello?

Dan Snyder: Hi, Alex? Hey, it's Dan! Dan Snyder! Congrats on all your success this year in San Fran!

Smith: Thank you very much, Mr. Snyder. Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself sometimes. So, what can I do for you?

Snyder: Just curious... you're in the last year of your contract, right? The Niners offered you anything new yet?

Smith: Well, we've been discussing a two-year deal with some incentives based on performance.

Snyder: Uh huh. Hmmm. Sounds a bit like chump change to me, don't ya think?

Smith: Well... look, even I'll admit that I've had a few bad years here. Now that we've got something that works, if we can keep it going...

Snyder: Yeah, yeah, yeah. How does a $178 million, Eight-year deal sound?!!

Smith: Uh... well, I mean... um...

Snyder: Okay, $250 million, 10 years! And your own private yacht!

Smith: Wow. Geez... That's really awesome, thank you. But...

Snyder: Okay, final offer. $300 million, 15 years, the yacht, a Ferrari and a team of rabid lawyers willing to sue anyone in the Washington sports media who dares to talk sh** on you!

Smith: Listen, Mr. Snyder. I really appreciate it. I do. That's a very generous offer. But signing that deal would mean I'd be the quarterback of the Redskins. I mean... seriously, the Redskins. It would mean having to deal with... um... you. I think I'd rather join the UFL than subject myself to that.
Snyder: and free ice cream for life....

Smith: Deal!

1289385527_sookie-scream.gif

Falcons have hired Mike Nolan as new defensive coordinator.

The thought of Caldwell doing commentary with Tony Dungy and Peter King makes me want to drive rusty nails into my eyes and ears.

Jim Caldwell Remained Stone-Faced After Being Told He is Out in Indianapolis (We Assume)

The rumors that Jim Caldwell could be retained were just that, the speculation of an Indianapolis writer trying to interpret the cryptic comments of owner Jim Irsay, the late night bard of Twitter. Ryan Grigson, the new general manager, made the only reasonable decision as the organization begins a new book.

It’s sad, really. Jim Caldwell will probably never have a chance to coach a different franchise to a 1-15 record with Chris Weinke at quarterback now, like George Seifert did, because Caldwell went 2-14 in his only season as head coach. I know, I know, he’s technically listed as head coach in 2009 when the Colts went to the Super Bowl and last year when the Colts went 10-6. We know that Peyton Manning was coaching those teams, and whenever Caldwell was called on to make big decisions, he tended conservative. The Colts were badly out managed by Sean Payton and Rex Ryan in the postseason.

This year isn’t all Caldwell’s fault of course. The roster had aged and the incoming talent was not as good as what it was in 2004-2007. Once the Peyton band-aid was peeled off, it got ugly. Caldwell, though, didn’t provide any anti-septic relief. He stayed conservative while playing the underdog role. He never inspired. When you are a caretaker and the body goes bad, you don’t get to caretake any more. No word on how he took the news, but my guess is he took it while remaining calm, collected, or asleep.
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...ing-told-he-is-out-in-indianapolis-we-assume/

:lmao:

I know you'd tune in every week.

Bob Costas: So Jim, what do you think of the new Dolphins coach?

Caldwell: :dry:

Bob: Anything?

Caldwell: :dry:

Bob: Back to you, Al.

:pal:

In other news, Dre Kirkpatrick was just arrested for possession of marijuana. I guess he really wants to be a Bengal :awesome:.

Hey Look! It's the Alex Smith discussion again!

1.1280786470.king-julian-s-merry-go-round.jpg

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Smith? He had the game of his life, but the quarterbacks to talk about in the Final Four are Tom Brady and Eli Manning. Sure, they could both lose, but they are the guys to talk about. At least that is who I want to talk about.

Alex Smith? He had the game of his life, but the quarterbacks to talk about in the Final Four are Tom Brady and Eli Manning. Sure, they could both lose, but they are the guys to talk about. At least that is who I want to talk about.

Regarding Eli....y'think Brady in the back of his mind is rubbing his hands enthusiastically and growling "him again....!"...or is he saying "Crap....him again...." ? :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"