2016/2017 NFL thread: The Final Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Falcons just ran the ball and then Pats caught up, the Monday Morning Geniuses will say, why oh why the Falcons got conservative??? They have the number one passing offense they should have finished off the Pats!!!!

Everyone is a genius when you know the outcome. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Uh, not this time. Matt Ryan getting sacked on two separate drives for 10+ yards when running should have been the playcall would have gave Atlanta at least one field goal.

it really came down to one holding call where julio made a great catch getting ATL back into field goal territory... I believe that was the 3rd and 33 play. that goddamn holding call though... ATL would have kicked it there, and been done...

I am not a Patriots fan.
But they deserved this win.
Everybody thought that they were done and they came back.
That's all you have to do to become a championship team.
The patriots pulled it off.

Uh, not this time. Matt Ryan getting sacked on two separate drives for 10+ yards when running should have been the playcall would have gave Atlanta at least one field goal.

And if they missed that field goal because field goals in these days are hard to get then everyone will be saying stop depending on the kicker and give the ball to Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Hindsight.

Atl were up 28-3 in the 3rd Qtr

For that to become 28-20 is already unforgivable. Those last Atl offensive plays are just icing to that collapse.

Pats still has to make TWO TDs and TWO 2 point conversions.

ATL has the whole 4th QTR to make a TD or a Field goal and Pats just took all that away.

Field goals are hard to get?

In an indoor climate controlled stadium? A 39 yard field goal from a kicker who missed one FG under 49 yards all year?
No.

^Yep.

One field goal would have been enough to pin the tail on that ash. New England simply would have not had enough time to get another possession.

^Yep.

One field goal would have been enough to pin the tail on that ash. New England simply would have not had enough time to get another possession.

Unless they do a miracle onside kick. But chances are very slim.

Help me understand something, a part from New England fans who are biased; why are some news agencies and bloggers depicting Roger Goodell as having a vendetta against Tom in relation to deflategate? I'm not asking if there was cheating, but I'm asking why some think the whole thing was personal and that Roger dislikes Brady and his team?

Help me understand something, a part from New England fans who are biased; why are some news agencies and bloggers depicting Roger Goodell as having a vendetta against Tom in relation to deflategate? I'm not asking if there was cheating, but I'm asking why some think the whole thing was personal and that Roger dislikes Brady and his team?

The gist of the story is that Goodell wanted Brady suspended. Brady said "damn that," went to court, and got a ruling in his favor, thus undermining Goodell's authority. Goodell went after him again the nexr off season. Brady said "f*** it" and accepted a 4 game suspension. Then he won the Super Bowl.

What Goodell did to New England is wrong. Since this whole thing many other teams have been caught doing worse then what New England was suppose to be doing even with rumors of Payton doping and yet he went after New England like they were committing murder. Reminds me of how the league use to treat my Raiders.

unsubstantiated rumors of Peyton doping with no actual sources to back that up

oh and Chris Long joining small group of Pats players not visiting WH

The gist of the story is that Goodell wanted Brady suspended. Brady said "damn that," went to court, and got a ruling in his favor, thus undermining Goodell's authority. Goodell went after him again the nexr off season. Brady said "f*** it" and accepted a 4 game suspension. Then he won the Super Bowl.

That is not exactly accurate. Goodell didn't go after him again. The Court of Appeals overturned the ruling of the District Judge who struck down the suspension. So this season's suspension was the original suspension. It was just delayed due to a misapplication of the law by the District Judge.

Don't get me wrong. The suspension was ********. The DJ overturned it because there was no evidence that Brady or the Patriots did anything wrong in Deflategate. Hell, the evidence points to them having done NOTHING wrong. But that wasn't the legal issue. The legal issue was, did the collective bargaining agreement, that the players agreed to abide by give Goodell authority to issue the punishment? The Court of Appeals correctly found that it did. In essence, the CBA gives Goodell unchecked authority. He could suspend a player for looking at him the wrong way.

List of Patriots not visiting WH grows to 5

Martellus Bennett
Devin McCourty
Dont'a Hightower
Chris Long
LeGarrette Blount

I used to think that, but the current holder of that office is doing irreparable harm to said office

if there was ever a time to protest, boycott, make your own stand...be it symbolic or otherwise

its now

This is for you buddy

When they thought they were going to win:

C39NVC0WQAAXiR6.jpg

The moment they realized they lost the game.

C39NVvmWcAAMgDj.jpg

a0G0k.gif

Yup. they were happy and then they were sad. And I, for one, get no enjoyment out of the latter. Nor did I get any enjoyment out of the Kraft family being so bummed out earlier. When people are bummed out, I feel sorry for them. I don't get any pleasure out of it. There's a name for people who get joy out of the discomfort or pain others experience.

Field goals are hard to get?

In an indoor climate controlled stadium? A 39 yard field goal from a kicker who missed one FG under 49 yards all year?
No.

One of the most clutch kicker, Gostowski just missed a chip shot extra point on the game so that 41 yard field goal will be pressure kick and not a gimme.

But to judge this game to ATL last 3 possessions???

They were up by 25points end of 3rd qtr. And couldn't score at all in the 4th while Pats made it a 28-20. Pats were making tons of mistakes also for 3 quarters.

Atl were going for the kill but the Pats just proved why they are the best dynasty in NFL history.

9ers owns the 80s and Cowboys owns the 90s but the Pats owns the millennium. 2 decades of dominance on a salary cap and free agency.

I used to think that, but the current holder of that office is doing irreparable harm to said office

if there was ever a time to protest, boycott, make your own stand...be it symbolic or otherwise

its now

Agreed. The President is not treating his office with respect. No one is obligated to do so if he is not. It is not respectful to the Office of the Presidency to tweet childish fifth grade insults at US citizens, while in office. It is not respectful to the Office of the Presidency to instruct the press secretary to lie to the American people in his first day in office. Its not respectful to the Office of the Presidency to blame a United States federal judge for hypothetical terror attacks.

No one owes the office or its holder even a modicum of respect so long as Trump refuses to show respect for the office he holds.

Agreed, may not like man but respect the office.

The man in the office should also respect it. I'm not seeing that. It works both ways.

EDIT: A day later and a dollar shorter than Matt.....as usual.....I'm used to it. :cwink:

That is not exactly accurate. Goodell didn't go after him again. The Court of Appeals overturned the ruling of the District Judge who struck down the suspension. So this season's suspension was the original suspension. It was just delayed due to a misapplication of the law by the District Judge.

Don't get me wrong. The suspension was ********. The DJ overturned it because there was no evidence that Brady or the Patriots did anything wrong in Deflategate. Hell, the evidence points to them having done NOTHING wrong. But that wasn't the legal issue. The legal issue was, did the collective bargaining agreement, that the players agreed to abide by give Goodell authority to issue the punishment? The Court of Appeals correctly found that it did. In essence, the CBA gives Goodell unchecked authority. He could suspend a player for looking at him the wrong way.

Ahhh, I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Eh, their loss.

Agreed, may not like man but respect the office.

LOL

I heard Brady didn't visit when President Obama was in office, so I don't mind if 4 or 5 now decide not to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"