"24 Things Going Right For FF2"

Hey. :cmad:

Make yer own thread--don't hijack mine.

Ah man come on. Hijacking is not my style. I just think we all need to wake up. Having hope was good and it lasted long, but we can't ignore the obvious. Still love ya man!

This movie has so many good things going for it, maybe it'll end up being good I hope :up:

Ah man come on. Hijacking is not my style. I just think we all need to wake up. Having hope was good and it lasted long, but we can't ignore the obvious. Still love ya man!

Maybe we are all awake, and its you who's asleep:cwink: ......to each his/her own in their optimism for this movie.....whatever end you find yourself on the spectrum, doesn't mean you need to wake up....simply means we have different amounts of optimism walking into the theatre.....what's wrong with that?

Well this topic was good while it lasted, but I think it's time to counter the negatives.

1. 95 min run time= we all know this doesn't bode well

2. No Watcher

3. Moving the release date due to Transformers.

4. Doom, SS, Maybe Galatus, and the F4 all being cramed into a 95 min film

5. Galctus the cloud: Who are we all kidding, their is no hope. Galactus has been raped

6. Ga lak tus

7. The board is now the source of Radd's power

8.Tim Story is directing again

9.The same creative team is on board

10.The screening in Seattle: again lets not kid each other. There was a screening and it was indeed negative as AICN reported. Don't care what lies Fox pr tried to spin.

11. AICN: say what you want and yeah they are bais and have proved to be wrong more often then right in the past about films, but with FOX and their comic properties thet have been d@mn near spot on.

12. No interaction between The Surfer and Alicia.

13. Not sticking to the source material

14. Alba looking like a character from white Chicks

15. No respect for Doom

16. FOX

Why go on. This is pointless. Once again we have been crushed.
Wow. I still think that this movie is going to be good and until I see it and am proved otherwise my hopes are very high. Regarding some of these points though:
2 - Doesn't seem feasible for the FF movies. Throwing the Watcher in would have been kind of pointless because I don't believe the Ultimate Nulifier would have been a good idea.
3 - Moving the release date seems pretty smart to me. You want to maximize your profits and 2 movies hitting the same consumer base can lead to one underperforming. Releasing FF2 earlier seems to make the most financial sense.
5 and 6 - Have to see the movie for confirmation. That there is a cloud has basically been verified. The cloud being Galactus or Gah Lak Tus has not been.
7 - No big deal to me that the board will be the source of the Silver Surfer power. Makes sense in the movieverse too me.
8 - Tim gets a lot of flak but from what I've seen he is doing a great job. Once this movie is released then the verdict will be known. Can't fault him when he was brought on after everything was basically decided for FF1 (which I did enjoy). This is the movie where we see a truer version of his since his has been on board since inception.
10 - From everything that I have seen and heard about that screening it is very evident that it was false. Nothing I have seen so far even verifies things that were written concerning that and some of the things that have been released would have been mentioned if the screening actually occured.
13 - Looks like they are sticking close enough to the source material since there is such a wide range of source material to stick too while still being true to the movieverse. Not sticking to the classic Galactus storyline but that's okay with me since I do like to see new spins on stories that I know.
14 - I think Jessica Alba looks good in the movie but everyone has their own taste.
15 - Have to wait until the 15th but it looks as if Doom has been improved a whole lot.

Of course this is all my opinion and I am going to see the movie with high hopes. Like I have stated before I enjoyed the first movie and this one looks ten times better so I'm sure that I will be happy with it. Not to say that I consider the first movie a masterpiece but it was enoyable since, to me, the characters stayed truer to their comic counterparts then the 1st X-men movie did. I am disappointed in the reported 95 minute running time but a movie should last as long as it takes to tell the story and I am hoping that it is not badly edited so that vital parts are missing and it appears chopped up but like always, June 15th will tell the tale.

For all those that think the movie is going to be horrible, I hope that when you get a chance to see it, whether in the movies, dvd, cable or maybe network tv one day that you will find some enjoyment in it.

Well this topic was good while it lasted, but I think it's time to counter the negatives.

1. 95 min run time= we all know this doesn't bode well

2. No Watcher

3. Moving the release date due to Transformers.

4. Doom, SS, Maybe Galatus, and the F4 all being cramed into a 95 min film

5. Galctus the cloud: Who are we all kidding, their is no hope. Galactus has been raped

6. Ga lak tus

7. The board is now the source of Radd's power

8.Tim Story is directing again

9.The same creative team is on board

10.The screening in Seattle: again lets not kid each other. There was a screening and it was indeed negative as AICN reported. Don't care what lies Fox pr tried to spin.

11. AICN: say what you want and yeah they are bais and have proved to be wrong more often then right in the past about films, but with FOX and their comic properties thet have been d@mn near spot on.

12. No interaction between The Surfer and Alicia.

13. Not sticking to the source material

14. Alba looking like a character from white Chicks

15. No respect for Doom

16. FOX

Why go on. This is pointless. Once again we have been crushed.

I agree. You're right. Unfortunately. :csad:

Awesome list. With all the negativity on the Internet this was a refreshing read. I have my doubts based on certain rumors, but I'm still going to have a "wait and see" attitude, because I'm a Marvel fanboy.

Also Jessica Alba looks drop dead gorgeous.

In Regards to Nokio's negative list:

1 and 4, 5 and 6, 12 and 13, Might as well all be the same. :)

and It seems Nokio is making to many assumptions with things we don't know yet, like # 15. :whatever:

and It seems Nokio is making to many assumptions with things we don't know yet, like # 15. :whatever:

So take a look in Doom's picture from some leaked footage in the other thread. Any doubts? :o

In Regards to Nokio's negative list:

1 and 4, 5 and 6, 12 and 13, Might as well all be the same. :)

They are the same.
And the moving of the release date is probably going to turn out to be one of the smartest moves they've made. Not because FF would've been trounced by Transformers, but they would have hurt each other's box office take. As it looks now, FF2 has a nice spot in the middle of June, with only the Die Hard sequel for competition. (Pirates 3 will have been out fot for 3 weeks.)

And there was no screening in Seattle. Stop saying it like it's fact.
Either that, or show us someone verifiable who attended this fantasy screening.

Basically his list of negatives is repetitive and weak, whereas Lightning's list of positives is solid. AND it's not just a list; it's practically a series of essays.

Mercurius said:
So take a look in Doom's picture from some leaked footage in the other thread. Any doubts?
Yes. We haven't seen that much, and we haven't seen it in motion.
At the very least, I think Doom certainly looks better than in FF1.

The main negative for me at this point is the godawful Fishburn voice in the new tv spot. :csad:

So take a look in Doom's picture from some leaked footage in the other thread. Any doubts? :o

I think he looks very regal myself.....I'm waiting to a better quality and looking to see him in action.....but he sounds like a villain worthy of fighting the F4 in the novel, and looks the part from what I've seen...

Great job LS!:cool: :up: I've been looking forward to this for a while.

WETA Digital also deserves a mention.One of the very best effects houses in the film industry at the moment have already given the franchise a much needed injection of quality.:yay:

Yes, WETA is only second to ILM when it comes to digital fx.

I will be updating the front page of this thread with your additions guys, so keep them coming! :up:

Yes. We haven't seen that much, and we haven't seen it in motion.
At the very least, I think Doom certainly looks better than in FF1.

The main negative for me at this point is the godawful Fishburn voice in the new tv spot. :csad:

In the very least, the mask in FF1 was spot on. Why changing it? Pointless and, which is worse, wrong.

And I didn't like Fishburne's voice too. Surfer and voice go each in a different direction. :wow:

I think he looks very regal myself.....I'm waiting to a better quality and looking to see him in action.....but he sounds like a villain worthy of fighting the F4 in the novel, and looks the part from what I've seen...

That's your opinion, I'm ok with it, but for me that "armor" has LAME written in golden capitals all over it.

It's just classical campy stuff. :cwink:

That's your opinion, I'm ok with it, but for me that "armor" has LAME written in golden capitals all over it.

It's just classical campy stuff. :cwink:

And that is your opinion. :dry:

Lightning, Fox really should hire you as their PR rep. :up: But seriously, I really enjoy your breakdown of the footages we have seen thus far, and I really hope the sequel live up to expectations because quite frankly, I was disappointed with the first film and thought that they botched several areas, most notably Dr. Doom, and ruined the first impression uninitiated had with FF.

However, it appears that Fox has noted fans and even nonfans' complains, and is setting out to make FF2 what FF1 should've been. I'm still more psyched about Transformers and even PotC3 than FF2, but as I'm seeing more trailers and heard more info about the sequel, I can't help but get more anticipated about it, something I never thought I'd have after the fiasco of FF1. I hope this sequel will knock my (and everyone else's) socks off, and after the trilogy conclusions of Spider-man and X-Men, Marvel really need another successful franchise on their hands. I hope FF2 will be successful even to warrant a part 3, because I'd love to see Galactus, Skulls, and the Negative Zone in the sequels.

I'm so tempted to list this....

galactuswx9.gif

...in my article. Does anyone agree that it's solid enough to bank on as a positive? I mean, if this is not confirmation of Galactus not being a mere cloud, I don't know what is...

I really don't see what else that could be tbh.

I'm so tempted to list this....

galactuswx9.gif

...in my article. Does anyone agree that it's solid enough to bank on as a positive? I mean, if this is not confirmation of Galactus not being a mere cloud, I don't know what is...

Go for it - the first time I realized what I was looking at, it gave me chills. :ff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"