Empire - The complete article with scans and new stuff

Yeah. Why would Michael say something like that? I'll admit, I was definitely surprised by that. Seems almost like whining..."I want to be the star!" :rolleyes:

I'd rather he said something like "The Thing's supposed t' be the star of this pony show, and I better get more clobberin' time next time."

or something like that.

I love Michael to death.....but...yeah....it sounded like through the interviews and what have you, that his history with the F4, the costume predicament, etc....gave him more of an edge and more clout in the franchise...not saying thats how it is by any means.....thats just the preception I get...

I love Michael to death.....but...yeah....it sounded like through the interviews and what have you, that his history with the F4, the costume predicament, etc....gave him more of an edge and more clout in the franchise...not saying thats how it is by any means.....thats just the preception I get...

It's like this.

You have a pizza that's divided into 5 large slices (the FF and Doom). Now, you've got to divide it into six pieces to make room for a newbie (surfer)

Somebody's gonna lose some bread. :oldrazz:

It's like this.

You have a pizza that's divided into 5 large slices (the FF and Doom). Now, you've got to divide it into six pieces to make room for a newbie (surfer)

Somebody's gonna lose some bread. :oldrazz:

I think, like MANY of the F4 comic fans, that Michael is upset with the Alicia/SS/Ben scenario not being used....he LIKE MOST F4 comic fans when he heard he surfer was going to be a part of it thought....COOL more Ben/Alicia since we got short changed in the first movie.....and it didn't turn out that way......:csad:

Oh...you have some tomato sauce on your chin.....:oldrazz:

Thanks for merging my thread with somebody else...................who could not be bothered to scan the pictures themselves, just crave attention for saying that it is out and add no substance.

Remind me never to do it again.

:cmad:

Thanks for merging my thread with somebody else...................who could not be bothered to scan the pictures themselves, just crave attention for saying that it is out and add no substance.

Chill......we know that you scanned them.....when you merge threads it goes by date of the thread....had nothing to do with who started what thread.....they needed to be merged.....

I'm sure you did it to help us out, therefore you are happier that we enjoyed your scans....much more than you are upset that your thread got merged....:yay:

Also, We are all extremely appreciative of what Matt brings to this forum, and the hard work that he does with his own website in promoting this film.....I think it is extremely rude on your part to call what he did simply craving attention.......he doesn't have to share anything with this site he could keep it to his site only....but he shares it with other sites, which I think is awesome....so how about we back up alittle....take a breath....and realize.........................................

We're all here to enjoy the ride to June 15th....not one up each other...ok?

Awww Captain Villa, don't be like that man. We had like 5 threads going on the same subject. It's not a personal thing, it's about board maintenance and keeping the place tidy.

We appreciate what you did.

Um, I did actually scan the pictures themselves when I received my copy of the article. I didn't scan the whole articles because otherwise it would leave no reason for people to buy the magazine, which is pretty disrespectful to Empire.

The cover image I posted was released days before the magazine itself, that is what the article was originally about. No need to be so rude about it. I already told Caliph I spent $80 to buy a scanner JUST so I could share these pictures with people, not because I crave attention but because I know that there is so little FF related stuff right now that it would be exciting for people to see.

Um, I did actually scan the pictures themselves when I received my copy of the article. I didn't scan the whole articles because otherwise it would leave no reason for people to buy the magazine, which is pretty disrespectful to Empire.

The cover image I posted was released days before the magazine itself, that is what the article was originally about. No need to be so rude about it. I already told Caliph I spent $80 to buy a scanner JUST so I could share these pictures with people, not because I crave attention but because I know that there is so little FF related stuff right now that it would be exciting for people to see.

You know what you do is appreciated.....and you are a friend......I tend to get alittle motherly at times......just call me "mother bear" and when someone is rude to a friend....I tend to roar alittle...lol

I know, I just got a little defensive. I hate being jumped on when I haven't even done anything :wow: Everythings good though :D

Hey man, why is the other half of the pic of the Thing on page 76 not showing up on page 77? It's like his arm and part of his torso on the edge of the page and then - can't see the other part of him anywhere!

Hey man, why is the other half of the pic of the Thing on page 76 not showing up on page 77? It's like his arm and part of his torso on the edge of the page and then - can't see the other part of him anywhere!

Geeeeeeeeeez..............everyone is a critic........:oldrazz: :cwink:

Looks cool I may have to pick this up,But then again I already have seen the article.

As for scanning the whole article, thanks Capt Villa but I remember Wizard got very touchy about us scanning the early Doom in costume pictures and the article with Julian in the fall of 2004 before the first film was released. Didn't they ask it to be taken down.?

I need to watch the first movie all the way through with the commentary.
I know I really didn't like reading that he was griping and sighing "What was I thinking" about taking the role in the first place.
It's not like he's having to suit up for all these scenes he's not in. :huh:

I think Michael was just being honest. We are reading too much possibly into what he said. he must have been wild eyed for the first movie but in the second its just a day at the office. Its like your own job, your excited at first but then you are like well gotta feed the family, remember Latrell Sprewell.

On another front in the comics the Thing was always the focus and the star, but in a movie where everything is very fast paced the actor and his status in hollywood and in the minds of the public will play a large role in how the movie is presented.

The truth is Alba supplanted Washington because she tests well in most demographics and is hotter in hollywood than Kerry right now.

On top of that she tests well among the international markets, particularly South America in places like Brazil and Mexico where the BO is becoming a large part of the international take.

So a lot of these factors will drive the revisions we are seeing.

This is why Wolverine took over from Cyclops in the movies.

Visually alba is going to get a lot of screen time. Visually the Human Torch is up there with the Silver Surfer, this suggests that unless the story absolutely demands it Reed and Thing will get fewer scenes. Reed will be somewhat protected by the fact that he has to play off of alba.

So Ben's saving grace has to be the story.

As for scanning the whole article, thanks Capt Villa but I remember Wizard got very touchy about us scanning the early Doom in costume pictures and the article with Julian in the fall of 2004 before the first film was released. Didn't they ask it to be taken down.?

I really doubt it, as it is in the public domain now with this issue in the shops.

I really doubt it, as it is in the public domain now with this issue in the shops.

No, it's not.

A publication or work does not become "public domain" until several decades after its initial publication, and only if the copyright-holder makes no effort to renew at that time.
Those pages all fall under UK or American copyright law.

And it isn't at all uncommon for Wizard, Empire and other publications to make efforts at controlling the reproduction (electronic or otherwise) of their material.

Empire hasn't said anything about scans of their articles being taken down in all the time I've been here. We'll sweat it if and when it becomes an issue. But for now...let's enjoy what Captain Villa, Mattc, Retroman and others have provided.

No, it's not.

A publication or work does not become "public domain" until several decades after its initial publication, and only if the copyright-holder makes no effort to renew at that time.
Those pages all fall under UK or American copyright law.

And it isn't at all uncommon for Wizard, Empire and other publications to make efforts at controlling the reproduction (electronic or otherwise) of their material.

Wizard has made major efforts here....when we scanned and put up an article in 2005 it was quickly taken down at the request (demand) of Wizard....it is not public domain by any stretch of the imagination....it belongs to Empire....we've just been lucky with Empire in the past...

Of course alot goes on as far as this is concerned...lol.....the fact that we should be waiting, if I'm not mistaken 50 years past the death of the writer,creator, artist, etc before copying his/her work....well we haven't quite hit that time yet on most things around here.....

Exactly. Many people can't get access to Empire because it's a UK mag. So the scans do play a role in helping readers around the world to stay current.

...heres the link to all the photos seen earlier...in order so the man doesnt have to rip apart his magazine...

...i like the raised brow in The Thing...but it is just me or can you also see the Surfer's eye pupils ?...isnt he supposed to look alien and not show emotions through his eyes ?....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/f4movies/

Exactly. Many people can't get access to Empire because it's a UK mag. So the scans do play a role in helping readers around the world to stay current.

You could say that with just about anything, including US publications....but the fact is you can find Empire at most, if not all of your large magazine and book outlets such as Barnes and Noble, Borders etc....

We can justify all we want....lmao.....fact of the matter is.......on the internet....you are subject at anytime to getting your hand slapped....or in some cases much worse......is it deserved.....probably not.....but the opportunity is given to these publications on an almsot hourly basis on the internet.....so because there are so many violations....the majority get away with it......and a few.....don't....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"