The Gifted 2x01 eMergence-season premiere

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score
Thread for the season premiere, since I didn't see one created. I am excited.

I think Psy made one, but we'll go with this one.

Very emotional start to the season. Very much enjoyed that. And really liked the Bolt shout out. Bolt's not a bad mutant name...Bolt just happened to be in a crappy X-Men movie, that's all.

Possible, I guess with the new forum update, I can't even see his threads, in addition to his posts.

So incredibly lame.

You have the foresight to get a big secure building, but not enough to give Polaris a spinal/C section. This is a no-brainer for a difficult birth. No, instead we put everyone at risk, blah blah... Who is writing this show?

Solid start to the season.

Anyone else seeing posts appear and disappear?

I am definitely liking Reeva.

This show is all time unintentionally hilarious. It's so bad in every way. Script, direction, acting, the use of powers, whatever is on the son's head, everything. Everyone is so stupid. I was just waiting for Polaris to go, "are we the baddies". Every time the show does slow motion, I break down into tears. :lmao:

All the writing issues aside, I feel like they made the show look even hazier and washed out this season. Watching it makes me feel like I need new glasses.

I don't know if I just forgot or they changed the look of the show, but the show now looks so hazy and washed out that it makes me feel like I need new glasses.

This show is all time unintentionally hilarious. It's so bad in every way. Script, direction, acting, the use of powers, whatever is on the son's head, everything. Everyone is so stupid. I was just waiting for Polaris to go, "are we the baddies". Every time the show does slow motion, I break down into tears. :lmao:

See and I disagree with you completely. I think the show is very well written. I like the direction and acting and the use of powers. As for the comment about Polaris and are we the baddies. Their sort of doing the whole X-Men vs The Brotherhood of Mutants thing. From my own personal perspective I never saw Magneto as a villain. I've always seen him as a freedom fighter for Mutants. He trying to save his kind from being hunted and killed. He trying to give them a future where they can live in peace. He just going about it different then X-Men are. In short they are showing to sides of the same coin. Both groups are fighting for mutant rights in their own way. It's not really about this group is good that group is bad it's about how to go about doing that.

I mean imagine being a mutant and having people hunting you down and trying to kill you. How would you react? Me I wish I could say I'd take the noble route but I wouldn't. I wouldn't lay down and be a victim. I would be like Magneto. I'd show those with out power that if you come after me and my kind you're going to pay dearly for it. I would show them what it means to be afraid. That's right their what makes the show so great is that it gives two view points to audience and audience are going to examine it and choose sides.

See and I disagree with you completely. I think the show is very well written. I like the direction and acting and the use of powers. As for the comment about Polaris and are we the baddies. Their sort of doing the whole X-Men vs The Brotherhood of Mutants thing. From my own personal perspective I never saw Magneto as a villain. I've always seen him as a freedom fighter for Mutants. He trying to save his kind from being hunted and killed. He trying to give them a future where they can live in peace. He just going about it different then X-Men are. In short they are showing to sides of the same coin. Both groups are fighting for mutant rights in their own way. It's not really about this group is good that group is bad it's about how to go about doing that.
I mean imagine being a mutant and having people hunting you down and trying to kill you. How would you react? Me I wish I could say I'd take the noble route but I wouldn't. I wouldn't lay down and be a victim. I would be like Magneto. I'd show those with out power that if you come after me and my kind you're going to pay dearly for it. I would show them what it means to be afraid. That's right their what makes the show so great is that it gives two view points to audience and audience are going to examine it and choose sides.
The show is awfully written. Character motivations are Saturday morning level. There is no nuance on this show, and everyone reacts to situations in the dumbest, most extreme way possible. And this is before we get into the weird incest vibe they continue to turn up 11. As to the acting, everyone outside of Acker kind of sucks, and her role is so poorly written when it actually exist, it brings her down to. Actually I take that back. The dude from Skins is pretty good, even with the awful writing. Bill from True Blood and his son, are just so bad, it's funny. And I write all there names like this to emphasis I have watched the entire show so far, and outside of the mutants I am familiar with, I don't remember any of the characters names. There are so many, so underwritten and forgettable, I can't remember anyone. And I watch Game of Thrones.

What do you like about the directing? Because I legitimately laughed during the murder our fellow mutants scene, every time they closed up on the screaming mutant. It's typical television fare, when not trying to be artistry. And when that happens, it just gets unintentionally really funny to me.

I know they are doing the Brotherhood of Mutants things. That doesn't mean they are doing it well, and having everyone on that side act like mustache twirling baddies, devoid of any emotion that isn't sinister, does not blur the lines. Especially when they just can't stop murdering people everywhere, including fellow mutants. It makes it all rather overt who the evil doers are.

I dunno, I thought Andy was written wonderfully. The thing is, teenagers ARE terrible, so the character was terrible. So it was accurate writing.

I dunno, I thought Andy was written wonderfully. The thing is, teenagers ARE terrible, so the character was terrible. So it was accurate writing.
So I had to look up who this is. It's the son. Okay, plenty of teenagers aren't great. Some are real ****heads. But that is a far cry from what Andy is. He isn't just a crappy teen, he is a poorly acted crappy teen, who they try and treat like he might have some justification for why he is the way he is. Too me he is suppose to be Kylo, but ends up Anakin. And that is never good.

I'm curious, why do you find him written wonderfully? I find him rather insufferable both in his acting and writing, and that hair this season, I really don't know what they were thinking with that. But I've seen movies and TV shows where teenagers aren't intolerably annoying, so I don't think it's necessary to make him a terrible character because he's a teenager.

I dunno, him being terrible just worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"