Season 6 Episode 1 Discussion "The Red Woman"

I've never seen Roose as an evil figure. He's like Tywin Lannister, pragmatic to a fault. He was given an opportunity to A) survive the war B) to gain more power and he took it.

And in his defense Rob really didn't do anything to secure Roose's loyalty. Rob disregarded his council (even if it was letting them flay some lannister soldiers), he lost a good chunk of his army because he married the medic when he was engaged to a Frey. Rob made some ****** decisions during the war. And Roose realized that and didn't want to go down with the ship.

Eddard Stark, Robb's father, outlawed flaying and I don't see why Robb won't honor his father's decision on this inhumane torture. The only thing Robb did wrong was marrying for love, and that's why Starks lost the support of the House of Frey, and in the end the lives of him, his wife, his mother, and the rest of his army were lost because of it. Roose may be pragmatic, but that doesn't make him any less evil.

Roose is just as sinister as his son, he's just slyer and more measured than Ramsay. It's the little things that show Roose to be a horrific human being, such as:

Telling Ramsay the story of his conception.

Ramsay telling Theon how his father taught him to aim for the heads of cripples.

Roose's sadistic pleasure in watching the truth dawn on Catelyn Stark at the red wedding.

Oh I already figured that but she's kind of harsh about it. She must take some pleasure out of it bc she's been a word that rhymes with witch the second she met Arya

I don't think The Girl takes pleasure in it as far as I'm concerned, there is no sadism in her act or the acts or the Faceless God followers.
Anyways, the entire world of GoT is harsh, nicety is a foreign concept :)

I'm a huge Indira Varma fan, so i'm glad it appears Ellaria ( and the rest of the sand hotties ;) ) will have a bigger role this season.

Melisandre's true form = erectile dysfunction. :(

Do we know for a fact that we're getting more Dorne? I feel like this'll be it for that subplot for a while.

Well, last season Ellaria wanted to go to war against the Lannisters. D and D have put her in a position to do so. So sooner or later, I imagine we'd have to go back to Dorne.

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if we don't see more Dorne this season, so the people who didn't/don't like what's going on there are most likely SOL.

Aren't the two teleporting Sand Snakes outside of King's Landing?

:o

I imagine so. Someone said, maybe the boat's back in Dorne. Problem there - why would Jaime or Bronn not have the Kingsguard detain the boat? More likely its been docked there a while, giving the Sand Snakes time to catch up. Granted, they would have to have left by boat shortly after Jaime and co.

Yes. I assume we'll be seeing Bran in the next episode.

I don't know about all that. Episode two has been titled "Homeward Bound," and we never saw what happened to Ramsay's hounds after Brienne and Pod took on the Bolton huntsmen. They'll probably be the focus of this episode.

I forget, are Bran and the other Stark kid still alive?

They were absent for an entire season..but yes, they're alive.

I suspect they'll give Jon Snow the same treatment and have him absent for this entire season, and possibly bring him back much later.

I don't know about all that. Episode two has been titled "Homeward Bound," and we never saw what happened to Ramsay's hounds after Brienne and Pod took on the Bolton huntsmen. They'll probably be the focus of this episode.

BuCZZ1i.gif

Yeah they completely butchered the Dorne stuff, like to an astonishing degree. Literally nothing that was truly interesting or unique about that place or it's characters, is in this show (well besides Oberyn, he was still cool). And WOW did they do a number on Ellaria's character as well.

Oh and don't even get me started on Sansa's arc since last season. I could rage on that for hours. Oh and what a complete and utter waste of Alexander Siddig as well.

Oh and how the heck did the SS get onto the boat, they were still on the dock when it was leaving last season? Are the teleporters or something? And if they're magically back in Dorne next episode, I'm going to face-palm so hard.

Time in the GOT universe rarely makes sense to me. It seems it takes weeks for some folks to get to the wall, but other people bounce around Westeros at a hilarious pace. I wasn't shocked to see them, just annoyed. The whole Dorne subplot seemed meh.

I don't think Jon Snow will be revived before the end of episode 3 at the earliest, assuming he does return.

well we spent all that time in Dorne last year for it all to be tied up in about 5-10 minutes lol. Momma and the Sand Snakes feel like they got away with too much way too easily. Not sure how I feel about that.

Don't really like the Myrcella died. She was actually one of the few kindhearted people on the show, guess that's why she had to go lol. Now Tommen is an only child. Did like Cersei's lament over it and her whole belief about the prophecy. I kinda had forgotten about that. And man, it kinda sucked how she ran to port to see Jamie and her daughter when we the audience knew what was awaiting her.

The Ayra hints are just enough to keep me interested. The girl who "bullies" her is actually training her i think. Arya will learn to use her other senses more, otherwise she's just gonna keep getting the snot hit out of her lol.

The Wall is probably where i'm most keen on learning more. Davos is my guy up there. He's become one of my favorite characters and I want to see how this plays out. I've kinda pretty much hated Melissandre since day one, but now I know that i've gotta play this out a bit more and see where it goes. i'll probably still hate her, but this is the first time i've really been interested in where her story is going to go. And it's obvious she's old, but I wonder how old and what knowledge of certain events that she has that could be pivotal to stuff going on now.

As for Dany, first off, what are the odds that in all that grass, Jorah just happens to find her ring lol. are they really that good of hunters? haha
i liked that she didnt reveal that she spoke Dothraki until the opportune moment. It was smart of her to play dumb as long as she could although it didn't really seem like she learned much except listening to the idiots make sexual comments about her. The place where they send the Widows of Khals sounds like it'll be interesting.

I still hate the Boltons and I don't think that Ramsay is hoping Walda has a boy lol. I thought there might be a tiny shred of humanity in him when it came to mourning his girl (forgot her name), but then he said she was good enough meat to feed to the dogs instead of bury smh.

on that note, the dogs found Sansa and Theon easy enough, but i was surprised that his dogs basically bowed out of the fight when Brienne showed up and saved the day. Weren't these supposed to be some of his best fighters and hounds? They were beat by 2 people. But it was nice to see Sansa be smart enough to accept Brienne's oath. And i think it was a nice nod to have Pod remind her of the lines to say in the exchange. Harkens back to his knowledge of all the houses and histories they showed when he was under Tyrion.

btw i haven't seen so many people complain about Melisandre's true form since Hodor showed his Hodor a couple seasons back lol

The Ayra hints are just enough to keep me interested. The girl who "bullies" her is actually training her i think. Arya will learn to use her other senses more, otherwise she's just gonna keep getting the snot hit out of her lol.

Pretty much.

4624037-5865354922-tumbl.gif

As for Dany, first off, what are the odds that in all that grass, Jorah just happens to find her ring lol. are they really that good of hunters? haha

D&D tried to make this work by having the Dothraki run circles around her making lots of track rings so that Jorah would be drawn to investigate the center of that circle and find it.

It was a bad, unoriginal idea that blatantly steals from The Two Towers and why the hell would the Dothraki feel a need to circle an unarmed girl that much? :whatever:

Nice review and your avatar is lovely. :ilv:

I don't think Jon Snow will be revived before the end of episode 3 at the earliest, assuming he does return.

Longer than three episodes, the show starts getting into Weekend at Bernie's territory.

H0UZM4H.jpg

I think we're gonna find out he's a Targaryen once/if they burn his body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"