• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

300 Makes $27.7 Million Opening Day!

Reaction score
300 Makes $27.7 Million Opening Day!

Source: ShowbizData
March 10, 2007

In what could turn out to be one of the most astounding box office stories of the year so far, ShowbizData is reporting that Zack Snyder's adaptation of Frank Miller's Greek war epic 300 has earned an estimated $27.7 million on its opening Friday, including midnight previews and IMAX receipts.

This could be a watershed opening for Snyder and Warner Bros. who took a big chance on the stylized film based on Miller's graphic novel after the failure of Oliver Stone's Alexander at the box office in 2004, but it's a good sign that Snyder's next proposed project, an adaptation of Alan Moore's Watchmen, will be fast-tracked come Monday morning.

Although 300 had a bigger opening day than last year's Ice Age: The Meltdown, which currently holds the March weekend opening record with $68.03 million, the guy-friendly movie is also likely to be more frontloaded to Friday, which means it might be a close one if it's going to break that record for the weekend.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19287

WOW.........................

I wasn't expecting it to do this good. But don't count on any R-rated Matrix numbers to be broken.

Anyone Knows How This Movie Is Doing In Greece?

It only cost $60 million which makes the news even better.

Im very happy that 300/ a R rated film is making so much!

I think this shows that Myspace advertising is a brilliant move for studios!

I wasn't expecting it to do this good. But don't count on any R-rated Matrix numbers to be broken.

Matrix didn't open in March. These are Summer numbers, in March. Needless to say, the positive word of mouth is spreading like mad, I had all kinda people i know calling me this afternoon and ask me if i seen it yet, because they just watched it.

Yeah, the word of mouth is going to be great, I can't wait to see its run in theaters.

I was afraid that women wouldn't want to see this, but the Queen kicks ass! My girlfriend thought it was pretty good.

It better. This movie deserves to pass the 100 Million mark. Its just that good.

Awesome, it almost made 30 million in its first day. I would've predict it would make that much for the whole weekend, which I did in an another thread.

Right on.
I was very pleased to see my theater packed. :up:
Big ass line.
A lot of women there and weren't just there with their boyfriends.

Great news, here's hoping it sets a weekend record. :up:

This movie could make 300 million worldwide not including dvd sales.

WB is most likely going to give Snyder a big budget and R-rating for Watchmen. :up:

I always go to the matinee at my local theater, 11:00am, and there's maybe around 10 people in the movie theater. This even applies to huge movies like Star Wars 1. I'm always amazed when people have to stand in line and be in packed movie theaters. I guess I'm lucky.

I predicted it would make 20-30 million for its weekend,it looks like it might surpass it.Great.:woot:

I would like to see what it would be like in Scotland and Brazil when 300 premieres , it begins only on march 30 on Brazil , but I heard the media was very very hyped bout it , and so were people already

I heard myspace is owned by fox.

That is cool both wb and fox support each other a lot.

I wished there was a F4-2 trailer with 300 but they couldn't get it on time.

If myspace helped 300 so much, i wonder what F4-2 will do maybe 80-90 million opening weekend afterall this is fox who knows how to market their comic based movies.

loved 300 it was an awesome hardcore R rated slo mo action blood gorefest movie.

Well I'd say it has an excellent chance of beating the 1st Matrix & the Revolutions, but obviously not TMR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"