5.22 - Vessel (Season Finale Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smallville is starting to bore me. Wanted Zod to be a seperate actore. Lex needs to grow evil alone.

Serene said:
TK and Sue.. please don't take my post too seriously. I apologize for coming off so snarky.

I would never think of you as Snarky. In fact your loyalty to Lana is admirable. When it would be so easy to jump on the band wagon with everyone else and criticise her.

I'm very, very tired and stressed this week about way too many RL things.

I hope things pick up soon.

Of course you are both entitled to hold whatever opinions you want, even if I don't like them. I just don't agree that Lana is the "bad guy" regardless of her issues. There isn't a character on this show who doesn't have issues, she just seems to get a lot more grief and a lot less understanding for hers.

Of course she's not the only character, however Lana's issues always to seem to paint her as a tragic victim because everyone plays to her insecurities. I would just like to see in this instance her coming out on top and perhaps owning up to some of the responsibility herself.

Clark has just as many if not more issues than Lana, but unlike Lana, Clark is always shown the error of his ways by having to deal with the repercussions of the choices he makes and therefore the lessons he learns from them.

I just want the same to happen for Lana.

I really like both of you, and hope I haven't been too offensive. I'd delete the post, but that seems kinds chickenschitt. What's laid is played, right?

You shouldnt have to delete anything. And I wasnt offended at all.

TKodami said:
For a dramatic, visual medium, you need something more um, dramatic to show the inner turmoil that a character needs to go through. You need to have that one decisive turning point. I think that an argument between Lana and one of her friends might be a good catalyst because frankly, two characters arguing has the dramatic element that simply "writing in my journal" or simply "waking up to this realisation in the morning" lacks.

As a character, you can't deny the fact that Lana needs to change if she ever wants to live a healthy life within or without of the scope of the show. However I do find the particular drama of her character very interesting, and I enjoy watching her--hoping that ultimately, she'll have the chance to grow beyond the tragedy of her circumstances.

Wow! I love how you worded that and your right on.

When you're watching a show that is written through the eyes of the main character as an audience you need to understand what the other characters are dealing with. A very visual and verbal scene such as a confrontation between two characters helps you relate more to the situation.

I wonder if it would have been better off if Clark had been the Vessel. Superman is supposed to grow up to be the Ultimate Good Guy the one everyone looks up to & learns from in the Future. Sure we have seen Clark go evil thanks to Red Kryptonite etc but thats mini evil. Zod controlling Clark is pure evil. How can Clark really be the Ultimate Good Guy without first experiencing being the Ultimate Bad Guy ? I just think Story Wise it might have been better to have Clark really be the Vessel. Like you guys said Lex should go evil on his own. But Clark needs to REALLY experience BOTH SIDES in its entirely before becoming Superman & him being Zods Vessel would have been the experience he needs.

Avid:

I just noticed your sig... too funny.

I think I stole the line from Pat, so it's all good.

:up: :D

avidreader said:
Wow! I love how you worded that and your right on.

When you're watching a show that is written through the eyes of the main character as an audience you need to understand what the other characters are dealing with. A very visual and verbal scene such as a confrontation between two characters helps you relate more to the situation.

Exactament! It would give Lana a chance to voice her feelings, which many of us here already uncovered and can relate to--but many people haven't. I think it would make for a very powerful scene. I'd hope that Lana would also be able to realize just how much Lex has manipulated her this season, not just with her anger in regards to Clark, but how Lex manipulated her need for truth in regards to the Milton Fine / vaccine stuff in Oracle.

Anyhow, I hope Lana's arc for season six will be a good one. I liked her arc this season--she's definitely and noticably changed as a character. I hope that her continued character growth leads to more dramatic...and hopefully spectacular (flight in front of Lana, maybe? :eek: Pretty please? :O) places.

darkdaz said:
Smallville is starting to bore me. Wanted Zod to be a seperate actore. Lex needs to grow evil alone.

I didn't care if Zod was a seperate actor or not...I just wanted someone to kneel before him. :O

triplet said:
Avid:

I just noticed your sig... too funny.

I think I stole the line from Pat, so it's all good.

:up: :D

Hee, hee. :D

Exactament! It would give Lana a chance to voice her feelings, which many of us here already uncovered and can relate to--but many people haven't. I think it would make for a very powerful scene. I'd hope that Lana would also be able to realize just how much Lex has manipulated her this season, not just with her anger in regards to Clark, but how Lex manipulated her need for truth in regards to the Milton Fine / vaccine stuff in Oracle.

Precisely! So far her anger has been directed at Clark with just a few one liners (she must have learnt that from Bak ;) ) and her feelings of unworthiness at Lex.

Anyhow, I hope Lana's arc for season six will be a good one. I liked her arc this season--she's definitely and noticably changed as a character. I hope that her continued character growth leads to more dramatic...and hopefully spectacular (flight in front of Lana, maybe? :eek: Pretty please? :O) places.

I hope it is too. I could speculate that its going to be how she learns to distinguish true honesty as opposed to manipulative honesty. How that sometimes things arent always so black and white, which would ultimately lead her into the arms of Clark flying through the air. :up:

TKodami said:
I didn't care if Zod was a seperate actor or not...I just wanted someone to kneel before him. :O

I love the fact that Lex was taken over by Zod... MR will love the challenge and I'll love seeing him tackle it.

It's all good.

If Zod commands Clark to kneel before him next season, all the better! :up:

triplet said:
I love the fact that Lex was taken over by Zod... MR will love the challenge and I'll love seeing him tackle it.

It's all good.

I did love the exchange that Lex & Clark had after he'd been possessed by Zod. I'd certainly been waiting since Season One for Lex to say all of those things to him--to reveal his evil self fully. :up:

My disappointment of Zod not being his own character was that we didn't have more bad-ass scenes like this:

vessel6595yh.jpg

My villains need to be decked out in black trench coats and leather. Or barring that, shiny black polyster. :O

It's just a case of me wanting more than what the hour-long finale had room for.

Ya know the only thing I didnt like about Lexod in the barn, was when he said "hello Kal-el". I didnt really care for the way Michael said that line, he sounded more like his Alexander from Onyx. Although I did like the way he said "you have your father's eyes." But I think that was more the wording than the delivery. Hopefully over the summer break he'll have a chance to refine the character more and give us a kick ass Lexod for the premiere.

avidreader said:
Ya know the only thing I didnt like about Lexod in the barn, was when he said "hello Kal-el". I didnt really care for the way Michael said that line, he sounded more like his Alexander from Onyx. Although I did like the way he said "you have your father's eyes." But I think that was more the wording than the delivery. Hopefully over the summer break he'll have a chance to refine the character more and give us a kick ass Lexod for the premiere.

Were you also kinda hoping he was going to use a clipped British accent? Me...a little. :O

That being said, I am completely (and very soon, obsessively!) anticipating some badass scenes where Michael can strut his evil, evil stuff. :D

I think I'm finally ready to re-watch Vessel.

TKodami said:
I did love the exchange that Lex & Clark had after he'd been possessed by Zod. I'd certainly been waiting since Season One for Lex to say all of those things to him--to reveal his evil self fully. :up:

but it wasn't lex, it was zod.

triplet said:

It's all good.

it's one thing to say "MR will love the challenge" but aren't we missing the point

lex does not equal zod

i want to see lex turn evil on his own

boyscouT said:
but it wasn't lex, it was zod.

Yes Zod was inhabiting Lex's body at that point--but the text of his conversation was all Lex, in that it was all drawn from Lex's memory, his emotions, and his motivations. So yeah, I'd argue that it was an exchange between "Clark and Lex" not "Clark and Zod".

TKodami said:
Yes Zod was inhabiting Lex's body at that point--but the text of his conversation was all Lex, in that it was all drawn from Lex's memory, his emotions, and his motivations. So yeah, I'd argue that it was an exchange between "Clark and Lex" not "Clark and Zod".
for me, anything "lex" said after he was abducted into the ship and given superpowers, isn't lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"