7 new Spider-Man 3 clips

you misunderstand

i'm not talking about my personal experience,

i'm talking about the change in advertising styles for sony and how it believes releasing more and more clips closer to the actual film debut would drive more interest when it managed to stir far more interest in the past by actually not releasing anything

the change in style of advertising and its somewhat feeble attempt to draw in crowds.

you take my comments as if i'm complaining about being spoiled or something.
They've been doing that since the first movie, they must have shown 5 to 7 clips of the first film, just a few weeks before it was released. It's nothing new. Hell, SM2's trailers showed plenty in the trailers (many key scenes, I remember few people complaining), I've seen the entire Doc Ock throwing the car through the window, before the film was released. Most people, believe it or not, don't bother going online looking for CLIPS like us. We just think they do because we've seen them all, and are angry at ourselves because of it.

Yeah it does.

We can look at this trailer and already deduce the exact plot of the film - we already know exactly what is going to happen. The entire thing will only be a long, drawn out version.

*Mj and Pete fight over Gwen: ZOMG, they might break up! NOT

*Gwen dies: ZOMG! Nobody saw that coming....

*Harry gets a mad-on, wash/rinse/repeat

*Some guy from "That 70's Show" gets a symbiote, of all the ridiculous concepts

*Sandman shows up: but instead of the Marko we know, this is some guy who offed Uncle Ben

*Peter is sad. Very sad. Sad allllllll the tiiiiiiimmmmeeeeee. Emo emo emo

*I would bet a substantial amount of cash there is a burning building in there somewheres....

.... admit it. That's pretty much it right there. What else is there to know?

Last two times out, we had two magnificent villains who made the movies worth watching, even if MJ and Pete chattin' over the trash-cans didn't float your boat. We cannot say that this time. We have no DaFoe, nary a Molina on the horizon.

Blech.

Cant agree with you more..... im sure raimi and the team of writers had better ideas than this when they first came off SM2 but sony wanted VENOM VENOM VENOM SYMBIOTE SYMBIOTE SYMBIOTE and wanted to conclude this as a trilogy of its own... thats one thing i dont like about going into SM3, even if i never came to these forums i would already know much of the plot and 2nd this movie wont hold as many surprises as the first 2..... little emo scenes in between the action scenes...... doesnt feel as "plausible" (even for a superhero flick) as the first 2. The whole scriptw would have been reworked after the first 10 odd big coincidences: sandman suddenly ben's killer, alien goo (a REALLY far stretch from the somehwat realistic/plausible villians they had in the first movie) that lands RIGHT next to parker (why didnt they use Jamieson's shuttle as a way to bring him back? have spidey rescue the astronauts then have the symbiote attach onto peter?), gwen stacey being saved by spidey, gwen knowing brock, brock knowing peter, brock getting symbiote from peter....

there was a time when i "accepted" that the black suit will be in this movie even though ive always thought it was too soon, i wanted the classic characters first, then later on i even got excited at the fact that venom may appear in this movie, but in the last couple of weeks after reading some of the early reviews and knowing how things will turn out in terms of plot i feel like im just there for the ride but it will be hard to invest any emotions into this movie since the "twists" are not very surprising at all.

Yeah it does.

We can look at this trailer and already deduce the exact plot of the film - we already know exactly what is going to happen. The entire thing will only be a long, drawn out version.

*Mj and Pete fight over Gwen: ZOMG, they might break up! NOT

*Gwen dies: ZOMG! Nobody saw that coming....

*Harry gets a mad-on, wash/rinse/repeat

*Some guy from "That 70's Show" gets a symbiote, of all the ridiculous concepts

*Sandman shows up: but instead of the Marko we know, this is some guy who offed Uncle Ben

*Peter is sad. Very sad. Sad allllllll the tiiiiiiimmmmeeeeee. Emo emo emo

*I would bet a substantial amount of cash there is a burning building in there somewheres....

.... admit it. That's pretty much it right there. What else is there to know?

Last two times out, we had two magnificent villains who made the movies worth watching, even if MJ and Pete chattin' over the trash-cans didn't float your boat. We cannot say that this time. We have no DaFoe, nary a Molina on the horizon.

Blech.

I thought you might wanna know that two of your exact plot points are completely wrong. I dont want to spoil it for you which ones.

I thought you might wanna know that two of your exact plot points are completely wrong. I dont want to spoil it for you which ones.

Well you get what Sym. is trying to say.... everything or ALMOST everything is predictable about spiderman 3.

Well you get what Sym. is trying to say.... everything or ALMOST everything is predictable about spiderman 3.

As are most cult films these days. Its the way of marketing!

Dont forget mate this is the SPOILER forums where we discuss pictures, tidbits of info, videos and novels for hours on end. If you were to go into the non-spoiler thread, they wouldnt have half the knowledge we know with regards to the film , and neither does the general public.

Care to be more specific? I hear is spider-man theme music. Where's the generic superhero theme music?

On a seperate matter, I dont see any of what some people say is bad cg in the crane scene. Looks freaking amazing to my eyes. I bet that's because they combined cg effects and real on set effects like that huge colapsing floor set. If they didn't have a real however many degree angle floor and instead created the whole thing in CG I dont think it would have worked as well.

That's the generic theme music I'm talking about.

If you were to go into the non-spoiler thread, they wouldnt have half the knowledge we know with regards to the film , and neither does the general public.

Wrong! That was the exact point of my earlier post: if you've seen the trailer, you pretty much know what's going to happen. A few of my points are not general knowledge to the casual viewer, but not many.

When you see goblin version 2.0 and Spidey fighting in the trailer, it doesn't take much brainpower to deduce that's going to be part of what goes on. Ditto for the rest of it...

This is the bunch that gave us Harry finding the Goblin formula in the freakin' TV SPOT last time out. No, hiding plot-points under a bushel isn't a strong point of theirs. If they've got it, they're gonna spill it.

Which they've done.

how does the trailer reveal plot points such as harry getting amnesia, or peter using gwen to get back at M.J, or Venom and Sandman teaming up? or M.J and harry getting close again, or Venoms death, or harrys death, or sandmans ending?

the trailer just gives a general idea.

how does the trailer reveal plot points such as harry getting amnesia, or peter using gwen to get back at M.J, or Venom and Sandman teaming up? or M.J and harry getting close again, or Venoms death, or harrys death, or sandmans ending?

the trailer just gives a general idea.

Or MJ breaking up with Peter, or Eddie capturing MJ, or Gwen kissing Spider-Man, or Bruce's cameo, et...etc...etc... Trailers do show major plot points and action sequences. But they don't show twists and if they do, you have no idea because they are out of context.

Or MJ breaking up with Peter, or Eddie capturing MJ, or Gwen kissing Spider-Man, or Bruce's cameo, et...etc...etc... Trailers do show major plot points and action sequences. But they don't show twists and if they do, you have no idea because they are out of context.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trailers to not spoil a film or reveal anything major to a unaware audience. Trailers only do this if you already what's going to happen in the film and if you are like us in which you analyse shot to see what you can discover. The general populace is only going to know that "Spider-Man becomes bad, Sandman is bad and killed Uncle Ben, Spidey wants revenge, some guy named Eddie becomes a monster version of Spider-Man and they fight". From the same trailers we as fans can find out a whole lot more.

Can't believe this same bull**** ass sad argument is still going on. When are some of you moron Spider-Man fans going to realize that the general public looks at the trailer and cannot deduce 10% of the things WE as Spider-Man fans can deduce from looking at it. ALSO, the general public doesn't go online and look at ALL the tv spots, ALL the clips, read ALL the news, read ALL the spoilers before they see the movie.
YOU may think Sony is over marketing, but chances are, there are quite a few people out there that will go see the movie based on one measly 15 second tv spot that they just by chance happened to get a glimpse of while they were channel surfing.

Can't believe this same bull**** ass sad argument is still going on. When are some of you moron Spider-Man fans going to realize that the general public looks at the trailer and cannot deduce 10% of the things WE as Spider-Man fans can deduce from looking at it. ALSO, the general public doesn't go online and look at ALL the tv spots, ALL the clips, read ALL the news, read ALL the spoilers before they see the movie.
YOU may think Sony is over marketing, but chances are, there are quite a few people out there that will go see the movie based on one measly 15 second tv spot that they just by chance happened to get a glimpse of while they were channel surfing.

Checkmate. I agree 100%. I have friends that I show the trailers and they still ask me what happend in the movie after they saw the damn thing. The general public does not pay attention to trailers like we do, not by a long shot.

A question...how long will the whole Peter-taking-off-the-symbiote scene be?

Towards the people who have seen it of course.

No disrespect but Sony Pictures Imageworks has had three films to perfect the look of the CG Spider-Man and yet, in those clips, he still looks rubbery. He looks good but the CG hasn't advanced in that area.

But, there is one thing definite in those clips...BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD is killer.... and should've been in the films from movie one. In that one minute clip, she's sexier than Kirsten who's had two, whole movies to make an impression.

you're right

I find it odd that Jurrassic Park was one of the first movies to use CGI in a main way back in like 1993... and it looked perfect. No other movie today has captured that YET

Symbiotica is back?.....Christ here comes the PMS

you're right

I find it odd that Jurrassic Park was one of the first movies to use CGI in a main way back in like 1993... and it looked perfect. No other movie today has captured that YET

C'mon now, let's stop comparing dinosaurs, which no one knows how they're supposed to move, to human CGI models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"