7 new Spider-Man 3 clips

The crane part was awesome, but i didn't buy the closeup of the beam smashing into the building lol everything else was great, and i love the heartbeat sound effect during that intense moment.

Go to IGN they have the clips for download.

Just go to ign.com then go to the movies area. It should still be on the front page.
Is there anywhere ELSE to download them?{people on here don't seem to want to help a guy out:csad: :yay: }

ps. that shot looks flawless, which is why it bugs the hell out of me that the shot of Peter hitting Harry in the begining looks rather rubberish! It doesn't ruin anything for me, it's just irritating when you see how great that other shot is.

It's what I was saying- sometimes with CG you just can't achieve photorealism. Do you really think the team doesn't want it to be perfect in every shot? Do you think Sam Raimi and the CG supervisor didn't ask for the CG to be tighter?

It just doesn't always happen, despite how great your equipment is, your team's expertise and how much money you throw at it.

I agree, its to generate hype
the first film created more hype than its sequels combined and it did so without ****ing out a good portion of its content beforehand.

i remember back then i had to watch nickelback videos as my main insight into scenes from the film.

now i can watch a good 15 odd minutes at my own leisure.

i bet you wouldn't

this is the best part of being a fan...the build up and the suspense....

actually watching the film is like a 1/10th of the excitement of seeing like the first teaser trailer or something like that.

the build up is always far more enjoyable than the actual pay off

When I was a kid and I got too greedy with something, it would all get taken away. So, through my abusive conditioning as a child, you are correct. I wouldn't.

the first film created more hype than its sequels combined and it did so without ****ing out a good portion of its content beforehand.

i remember back then i had to watch nickelback videos as my main insight into scenes from the film.

now i can watch a good 15 odd minutes at my own leisure.
And if you do, you're to blame for that, no one is forcing you to watch or read anything about SM3.

It's what I was saying- sometimes with CG you just can't achieve photorealism. Do you really think the team doesn't want it to be perfect in every shot? Do you think Sam Raimi and the CG supervisor didn't ask for the CG to be tighter?

It just doesn't always happen, despite how great your equipment is, your team's expertise and how much money you throw at it.
Great point.

And if you do, you're to blame for that, no one is forcing you to watch or read anything about SM3.
you misunderstand

i'm not talking about my personal experience,

i'm talking about the change in advertising styles for sony and how it believes releasing more and more clips closer to the actual film debut would drive more interest when it managed to stir far more interest in the past by actually not releasing anything

the change in style of advertising and its somewhat feeble attempt to draw in crowds.

you take my comments as if i'm complaining about being spoiled or something.

I'm loving what I'm seeing in those clips, but I'm beginning to think the special effects will look a bit like a video game, especially in the crane scene. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to May 4th.

Man, that generic superhero theme music was nauseating.

^ I agree to the FULL! I dont know how the **** they did it!!! But that shot of Peter falling on the debree, flipping over with it, as he tries his best to stay on it, and we zoom in for a close-up, I was BLOOOOOOOOOWN away!!! It really was HIM!

Again, I dont know how they did it, but dude, I dont even think that was CG when we zoomed in to see Peter's face on the falling debree!??? It looks 110% like him! It COULDN'T be CG.

ps. that shot looks flawless, which is why it bugs the hell out of me that the shot of Peter hitting Harry in the begining looks rather rubberish! It doesn't ruin anything for me, it's just irritating when you see how great that other shot is.
I wasnt talking about Spider-man looking bad. He always looks incredible and detailed and never ruberish to me. The crane crashing into the building is what looked wrong to me. It just didnt seem right. Otherwise I have no problem with the CGI. Just that part looked like it was taken from a SciFi Channel TV movie and not Spider-man 3.

Originally Posted by Naite22
^ I agree to the FULL! I dont know how the **** they did it!!! But that shot of Peter falling on the debree, flipping over with it, as he tries his best to stay on it, and we zoom in for a close-up, I was BLOOOOOOOOOWN away!!! It really was HIM!

Again, I dont know how they did it, but dude, I dont even think that was CG when we zoomed in to see Peter's face on the falling debree!??? It looks 110% like him! It COULDN'T be CG.

the VFX really hae shown alot of improvment in the paste 6 years and not only in the CGI humans but CGI objects look more real and believable. I was really happy with the CGI in the first film, it just blew me away with the great VFX that it had. two years later the second film blew me away yet again but that time it was improved CGI which got me reall noticing that Spidey2 raised the bar for films to come. and then 3 years later Spidey3, the VFX has improved alot and they have made things look more real and quite frankly more believable.

when Peter is on that falling peice of debree and the camera zooms into his face, I really think that it looks very real and that I'm absoloutley happy about.

this time around there is more than one villian and there is alot of CGI to be done for Venom, Harry, and they did use a new type of technology for Sandmans character which I think was a good idea because he looks very real as well.

the battle royal is one scene in particular tht really is going to show how many months it took to creat these great visuals and make them believable. John Dykstra in the first two moves showed that the Spidey films set the bar for films to come and even though John Dykstra isn't back for Spidey3, the VFX still look stunning even more than they did befor because of improvement in VFX for not only the Spidey films but for other films as well.

so quite frankly I am really amazed with what they have done with the CGI of this film and I'm really happy about it.

Man, that generic superhero theme music was nauseating.
Care to be more specific? I hear is spider-man theme music. Where's the generic superhero theme music?

On a seperate matter, I dont see any of what some people say is bad cg in the crane scene. Looks freaking amazing to my eyes. I bet that's because they combined cg effects and real on set effects like that huge colapsing floor set. If they didn't have a real however many degree angle floor and instead created the whole thing in CG I dont think it would have worked as well.

The bell tower scene, right before Eddie say I want you to Kill Peter Parker, is sooooo cliched. Ruined the moment.

^ what exactly do you mean???? I haven't seen it, and wont.. but I still dont mind having it described for me. So what was cliched?

Doc Ock said:
I miss Slag, Daisy, Symbiotica, Larrylegend, and ol' Norman there. All the greats from the good old days.

Perhaps more of us might be here if we saw something to celebrate in this film; can't speak for the others, but I certainly don't see anything. More of the same, boo-hoo-hooo MJ, yadda yadda yadda and with Gopher as "Venom" thrown in. *underwhelmed*

I think action-figure sales kind of sum it up: with the new figures, the GG1 and Ock figures instantly vanished off the shelves, not to be seen again. Still there in plenitude: Harry and Venom. I'll let you deduce what that might really say about the public's attitude toward this film.

I have not even seen the trailer for this thing, that should let you know what I think of it.... therefore this oldbie is treading other paths in her quest for the paranormal experience.

But yeah, Ock, you are missed. I'm just not very interested in anything Marvel does these days, so I'm pretty much not here.

Well at least you have principles.

Perhaps more of us might be here if we saw something to celebrate in this film; can't speak for the others, but I certainly don't see anything. More of the same, boo-hoo-hooo MJ, yadda yadda yadda and with Gopher as "Venom" thrown in. *underwhelmed*

I think action-figure sales kind of sum it up: with the new figures, the GG1 and Ock figures instantly vanished off the shelves, not to be seen again. Still there in plenitude: Harry and Venom. I'll let you deduce what that might really say about the public's attitude toward this film.

I have not even seen the trailer for this thing, that should let you know what I think of it.... therefore this oldbie is treading other paths in her quest for the paranormal experience.

But yeah, Ock, you are missed. I'm just not very interested in anything Marvel does these days, so I'm pretty much not here.

After learning from past selling out issues, companies always take an extra precaution by making more, so that they'll not sell out. It costs nothing for them to make thousands of toys, whereas, if they lose thousands of sales, they'll be losing alot of money.

Can someone pleeeeeeease post the Behind the Scenes b roll Footage for download?

:spidey:
:supes:

After learning from past selling out issues, companies always take an extra precaution by making more, so that they'll not sell out. It costs nothing for them to make thousands of toys, whereas, if they lose thousands of sales, they'll be losing alot of money.

That may be true, but it still seems odd. I was not watching sales before the first film came out, but I saw what happened with 2. Anything and everything featuring Ock vanished off the shelves as if by magic. I also notice prices remained fairly high for the first movie's GG figures on eBay, although I have not been checking since he was re-released for 2. That may have put a dent in secondary values.

Meanwhile we have Harry and Venom still on the shelves in droves and droves. It makes me wonder how much people care about and like those figures; even Sandman is more scarce than they are, and it seems that no matter how many Kraven figures they release, that nobody cares anyways.

As for me, I have one S-M2 figure: you guessed it, Ock. I will grab GG if I can find him again, the one time I saw him the store refused to sell him to me on the rationale of "this isn't supposed to be on the shelves yet." Well, keep the stuff in the stockroom then...! I didn't exactly grab it out of the stockroom, y'know. But regardless.... "Venom" does not seem to be getting much love from the average customer.

It does my heart good. :heart:

well the fact that this movie is 2 and a half hours long vs x3 being 1 hour and a half long means that seeing these clips doesnt spoil it the same as seeing x3 clips did.

well the fact that this movie is 2 and a half hours long vs x3 being 1 hour and a half long means that seeing these clips doesnt spoil it the same as seeing x3 clips did.

Yeah it does.

We can look at this trailer and already deduce the exact plot of the film - we already know exactly what is going to happen. The entire thing will only be a long, drawn out version.

*Mj and Pete fight over Gwen: ZOMG, they might break up! NOT

*Gwen dies: ZOMG! Nobody saw that coming....

*Harry gets a mad-on, wash/rinse/repeat

*Some guy from "That 70's Show" gets a symbiote, of all the ridiculous concepts

*Sandman shows up: but instead of the Marko we know, this is some guy who offed Uncle Ben

*Peter is sad. Very sad. Sad allllllll the tiiiiiiimmmmeeeeee. Emo emo emo

*I would bet a substantial amount of cash there is a burning building in there somewheres....

.... admit it. That's pretty much it right there. What else is there to know?

Last two times out, we had two magnificent villains who made the movies worth watching, even if MJ and Pete chattin' over the trash-cans didn't float your boat. We cannot say that this time. We have no DaFoe, nary a Molina on the horizon.

Blech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"