A bit of hope for Rogue fans...

spark627

Sidekick
Reaction score
comicscontinuum has been focusing on a different actor from x3 everyday, today they focused on anna.... she doesnt reveal anything new but it says this...

"Does Rogue actually take the cure? No spoilers here, but a scene at the end of the movie was shot with both "yes" and "no" scenarios"

holy... maybe friday will be different from the screenings... god im praying

I've got my own possible scenarios going on as well:

If she doesn't take the cure, hugs for everyone.

If she does take the cure, my pitchfork is already sharpened.

i know the chances of the screening version being different then the actual version is slim... but im hoping. all the clips in the trailers and commercials point to her not taking the cure (telling bobby 'this is me', touching him with gloves)

Does it matter? It still doesn't change her role in this film, which sounds like it's minimal. She still wont be in the final battle and the extent of her powers on screen will still be the Danger Room scene.
I guess it would be better if at the end Bobby starts to show a reaction from her touch :confused: ... at this point I don't have the capacity to hold out hope anymore.

yea, either way her role will be small... but with a small role id rather her end up being strong and wanting to be HERSELF

spark627 said:
i know the chances of the screening version being different then the actual version is slim... but im hoping. all the clips in the trailers and commercials point to her not taking the cure (telling bobby 'this is me', touching him with gloves)

Can you post a link to that website? But I'm pretty sure the official version is the one where she takes it. I was watching a video earlier with Anna, Shawn and Ben and they pretty much admitted that she took the cure.

I'm thinkin' we'll see what we want to. My theory gets more and more valid every day. :up:

the interviewer in the video, kinda gives it away, not the actors, but again, that was based on a screening (right??)

and bamfer... how is your theory getting more valid? please explain!

Well, for one, there are reports of Rogue not taking the cure, saying a line like "Sorry Bobby, this is who I am..." And now this. Not to mention my local theatre has a 115 minute running time. All those things that half the poeple are reporting seeing, but others do not. Stuff we were told we'd see and haven't in the reviews - this crap makes me think its a bit different come, May 26th.

Even if she did take the cure, it's hinted the cure isn't permanent, thus she can still come back.

The Original Bamfer said:
Well, for one, there are reports of Rogue not taking the cure, saying a line like "Sorry Bobby, this is who I am..." And now this. Not to mention my local theatre has a 115 minute running time. All those things that half the poeple are reporting seeing, but others do not. Stuff we were told we'd see and haven't in the reviews - this crap makes me think its a bit different come, May 26th.

I'm wit you.

If they did alternate endings for Rogue...then perhaps alternate endings for Scott as well? Even pro reviewers seemed puzzled at Scott's role in the film...

Perhaps we'll see him survive and return at the end in the final cut. It would explain Kinberg's line "we'll see Cyclops in action" and the rumored Dutch TV spot of him in uniform, as well as the Cameron Bright Photo.

Countdown is ON!

The Original Bamfer said:
I'm thinkin' we'll see what we want to. My theory gets more and more valid every day. :up:

I just hope you don't climb so high that come opening day when/if your wishes don't come true you crash very hard. There's something to be said for optimism but you have to admit that your theory is just that... be ready for the opposite.

taintedFB said:
If they did alternate endings for Rogue...then perhaps alternate endings for Scott as well? Even pro reviewers seemed puzzled at Scott's role in the film...

Perhaps we'll see him survive and return at the end in the final cut. It would explain Kinberg's line "we'll see Cyclops in action" and the rumored Dutch TV spot of him in uniform, as well as the Cameron Bright Photo.

Countdown is ON!

I'm as hopeful as you that there will be some twistes & surprises surrounding Cyclops (and I myself am still sure that he will return beyond the lake) :up: All will be found out on the 25th :)

Anna says in her interview during the Cannes that she didn't get to anything in the three movie.

Rogue was seriously wasted in these movies. I understood her role in part one, but she did nothing but crash the plane and hang out with Bobby in X2.

I understand how hard it is to juggle many characters but these movies should have been bigger and used the characters rather than keep introducing new ones before the core group ever get any action.

Again, my hope is come May 25th we'll see Cyclops survive AND Rogue remain true to herself.

Otherwise X4 will have no PAtrick Stewart (new body, unless its a cloned body), No Cyclops, No Jean, No Rogue. No matter who they introduce it wouldn't work...

Gambit without Rogue?
Emma Frost without Scott?
Havok without Scott?

Alternate endings here we come!

I think the alternate scene is the one with her mom. The reviews i have read have all said that Rogue takes it. I don't expect that to change unless they release a extended dvd or something.

BTW McKellen has implied that the cure doesn't might not be permanent.

I'm surprised they didn't try the cure on Phoenix. it would have been a great way to tie the two plots together.

...if the cure isn't permanent, what was the point of the entire movie? I hope X4 is just retitled "X4: X3 II, Cyclops' bad dream."...and doesn't seem to unrealistic because everything in the movie is basically left open (to be undone later)

Every single plot device is completely reversible. So we should be happy! :)

taintedFB said:
Gambit without Rogue?
Emma Frost without Scott?
Havok without Scott?

Alternate endings here we come!

..Or, there wont be an X4 and if for some reason there is on it will be with characters that have no connection to Scott, Jean or Rogue... or X4 will be a reboot of the franchise. Who knows? There's too many possibilities.

I doubt they'll do a reboot. I'd like to have a spin-off, maybe revolving around Emma Frost's School of Tomorrow (from Ultimate X-Men). It could have Havok, Polaris, Canonball, and others. I think X-Men should have cameos in it. And I think it could be possible to have Havok find Scott!

i will be slightly happier if she doesnt take it, but this is not really the point. The point is that everyone in the crew of this film knows how much Rogue fans were BEGGING for action scenes for her, for her to be more confident, and what we get is 5/6 micro scenes of Rogue, and even in the danger room, she's never in attack mode, always in defense. they dont put her in the final battle, there's no forgiving for that.

@The Original Bamfer: Where did Anna say this to Halle? (on your sig) :eek: love it!

Whats sad is that Kitty has more action scenes than Rogue does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"