Homecoming A crazy idea to revive the franchise

True but they invented comic book cinematic universes.

This idea is good fan fiction, but definitely not the best idea for a film, in my opinion.

But something similiar can work IMO. It worked for DOFP at least
and look how successful that movie turned out to be

And Star Trek as well, so its not unheard of. I think you'd have to be crazy to think it wouldn't do well at the box office.

That said, it'll never happen but, it's one of those fun "what if" ideas that will never happen. Yeah its fan-fiction but this a messageboard, not a Sony pitch meeting.

Here's hoping the producers are still reading these boards, though ;)

A series that remains the gold standard for the character is far from dead.

No, it's pretty dead, lol. I know what you're trying to say, but it's definitely dead. Just like Nolan's bat films are dead. As long as they are untouched, I'd say they're dead.

SM2 is the unarguable gold standard; SM1 is a mixed bag. Anyone who asserts that SM3 is better than ASM2 is being unrealistic.

SM2 is the unarguable gold standard; SM1 is a mixed bag. Anyone who asserts that SM3 is better than ASM2 is being unrealistic.

I agree with you, but it is just a matter of opinion. ****, someone, somewhere, will argue that Batman and Robin is better than the Dark Knight. Doesn't make it right, but hell, that's what they think.

I agree with you, but it is just a matter of opinion. ****, someone, somewhere, will argue that Batman and Robin is better than the Dark Knight. Doesn't make it right, but hell, that's what they think.

Guck them for that. It'd be like saying the room was better than breaking bad

Critically and financially, SM3 is better than ASM2. So...not really unrealistic. Critics and the GA like SM3 more than ASM2. Box office and reviews prove that.

Raimi isn't the only good director out there, chas. Get over it.

He's better than Webb by miles and that's the only thing that matters here. Of course there are other good directors not related to Spidey films...what a ridiculous statement.

Thank you.

Regarding SM2... I'm starting to think that movie will never be topped. Ever.

It's cool and sad at the same time.

He's better than Webb by miles and that's the only thing that matters here. Of course there are other good directors not related to Spidey films...what a ridiculous statement.

I agree that he's better than Webb, but why even bring up an old trilogy instead of doing something fresh that works? As bad as SM3 was, the trilogy is concluded.

They have to move forward. Raimi did his thing and it was great, mostly. But he also had better writers than Webb and also no studio intervention on his first two films. I like DerSpider-Boy's idea but like someone else said it would make for a good comic or fan fiction. The movies need to find their own ground. Besides, if they did this move like he is suggesting, isn't that basically copying DoFP? People are already complaining about the first movie trying to copy Nolan and at the same time being a beat for beat copy of SM1. ASM2 is a copy of the Avengers model or using that same universe building stuff. Are we really saying we now want to copy yet another model???

TASM2 had nothing in common with the Avengers; if there is any MCU equivalent, it is IM2, which did most of the heavy lifting.

TASM2 had nothing in common with the Avengers; if there is any MCU equivalent, it is IM2, which did most of the heavy lifting.

ASM2 is like IM2, I know. But they reference to Avengers has to do with them wanting to build up the world so they can have their S6 film--Sony's answer to the Avengers team-up.

When you re-boot a sequel,you leave whatever's come before alone.That's why I don't want Simmons,Molina or Raimi anywhere near this trainwreck.

You manage to get Raimi & Maguire to do SM 4,that's different....

This is one of the worst ideas I've read on these boards in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"