Homecoming A crazy idea to revive the franchise

Spider-Ranger

aka Goran
Reaction score
I've been thinking about how to make the franchise interesting again and thus save it! My idea connects already planned content with blatant imitation (as before) and a hint of originality.

Now that so much advertising for the Sinister Six was done in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", they should hold on to this idea strictly. My suggestion would be to release this film before "The Amazing Spider-Man 3," however not as an "redemption movie"! They should seize the opportunity to establish previously unknown team members (Vulture? Kraven?). To save even more time, I have a very crazy idea: bring back Alfred Molina's Doc Ock! As equally strong characters, the Goblin and Ock would compete for the leadership position, which would provide additional conflict in the team. Mostly this films is about recruiting the members, fighting each other and a large scale finale...

ottodead.jpg

I'm sure you wonder what Ock from Raimi's films has to do in the new Webb universe. As you you can remember, at the end of Spider-Man 2 Otto Octavius was drowned in the East River along with his fusion experiment. Or was he? In the last shot of him his eyes are still wide open. For a long time, fans suspected that Raimi still wanted to keep a "back door" open. So why not take advantage of this now? Without talking too scientifically, I'll try to explain Ock's time and space travel. Otto created a small sun during his fusion project. Suns become red giants and then white dwarfs, some of them turn into black holes. The miniature version of such a hole has now catapulted Ock into a dimension, in which the reboot is taking place. Still controlled by his arms, he learns that there is a Spider-Man here too, so he seeks for revenge. His second goal is to open a new portal to get back again. During the finale in Central Park, this project is thwarted by Spidey ...at least he thinks so!

Let's get to the ever popular after or mid credit scene, whicht would ideally be placed after "Sinister Six". If everything's done right, this would cause a huge WTF moment and a dance of joy of many fans' hearts. We see New York through a familiar yellowish color filter. In Central Park, a major event is taking place, the wedding of the year! Lots of guests and numerous camera crews follow the action. A redhead and a frail-looking man are standing at the altar, when a mysterious wind confuses the guests. Suddenly, above them a small black hole opens and threatens to suck them in. The groom turns to the tumult... it's Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker! Next to him, Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane in a beautiful white dress. "Damnit!," he says. Sad-eyed, she answers: "I guess it's not meant to be ...". He replies: "I have to see what's going on. I'll be right back, I promise." She smiles and says, "Well then, go get'em, Tiger!" Peter runs off the podium and right into the chaos. Next, we see Spider-Man jump towards the hole and then swing straight into the camera!

wedding.jpg

So why take the franchise into this direction? The fact is, many people are still attached to the old movies with Maguire, Dunst & Co and regret the sudden, unpleasant end. Combining the old and the new trilogy would be the real redemption. Both, fans of the Raimi series as well as fans of the Webb-movies would flock to the theaters. "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" would thus be a meeting of generations and a merging of loose ends. Imagine how Tobey's Peter would react to the circumstances in the current universe! His younger, alternate self, with the still quite fresh loss of his great love in mind, would be suspicious of the new Spidey, maybe even consider him as one of the illusions that plague him since Gwen's death (Mysterio?). But he would know fairly quickly that this "other one" is real. Together they would defeat the Sinister Six at the end, before Tobey-Peter leaves for his own world (with Ock in handcuffs) ;) He'd share a good advice with Andrew-Peter, concerning a certain redhead and a black suit.

twospidey.jpg

I was trying to do something similar to the Avengers and DOFP. I know, it's copying other successful CBMs all over again, but at the same time, it'd be quite unique!

What do you think?
What would be your ideas to get the franchise back on track?

Edit: Part Two

After reading the latest rumors (MCU crossover + "soft reboot"), I realised that above idea has the potential to be developed further. Here's what I've come up with for the franchise's future beyond "Sinister Six".

After the Sinister Six were established in their own movie, it's six against one in "The Amazing Spider-Man 3"! But Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man gets unexpected support: His counterpart from the Raimi films - played by Tobey Maguire - has got into the current dimension and helps him fight the villainous team-up. Actually, the symbiote would be a more appropriate means to give Spidey more strength so he can defeat the group by himself, but in order to avoid repetition, the symbiont is held back for now (more on this later). And let's be honest: two Spideys against Ock & the others looks much more impressive! After the work is done, Octavius ​​and Tobey-Peter leave the TASM universe again and go back to their dimension. Andrew-Peter watches them leave as the portal closes. But with a last pulse he is sucked through the black hole as well! Not even his webs would help him. At this point the film ends ... for now.

shhthread01.jpg

The following after-credits-scene would probably work better if we were all completely clueless, ie, if there had previously been no rumors of an MCU-crossover. But maybe it will work anyway to surprise at least some of us: After he was catapulted through the portal, Peter ends up in the middle of a busy street in Manhattan and has to dodge the cars. People stop and look at him aghast. Spidey thinks that he must have followed his counterpart and Ock into their dimension and looks for the two desperately. No trace of them. Just as he is about to swing away, his spider sense is tingles: behind him, a familiar noise can be heard. Suddenly he is knocked out by a metal hand. It's Iron Man! "Leaving so fast, buddy!? You're coming with me!" Before Peter can say something or even defend himself, Iron Man takes him piggyback and flies off with him to the distant Avengers Tower. The scene ends, the masses go crazy, the crossover is started! :) Just imagine how much hype that would cause!

shhthread02.jpg

Logically and ideally "The Avengers 3" would be the first film of the MCU to feature Spider-Man. As much as I would love to see Andrew next to Robert Downey Jr., this is probably the right moment to realize another rumor of last couple of days: a "soft reboot" and recast.. To avoid this, they could also keep Peter's face hidden throughout the film. Spidey would only be seen with his mask on. It makes sense for the webhead to play a role in this film, if you consider another rumor: it's said that we won't see the original Avengers (ie Cap, Thor, Hulk, etc.), but instead a second, unnamed group. But what could be the content of the film? In my opinion it's "Secret War": The Avengers fighting on another planet! And that's when the symbiote comes into play - as true to the comics as it can get! Maybe this was the reason why the symbiote was cut from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" initially!? So they can construct a completely different origin for the alien parasite??

After the villain (whichever it may be) in "The Avengers 3" is defeated, Peter returns to his own dimension with the black costume, perhaps aided by Doctor Strange. If they have not recast by this point, it is high time now! The quasi reboot would start with a black costumed Spidey and thus set itself apart from the previous reboot. Without resurrecting dead characters and thus saving the continuity to some extent, the doors are open for many new ideas. Of course, Spidey could jump over to the MCU every now and then if he is needed there, and maybe sometime return with yet another new costume to his world... *cough* Iron Spider *cough*

shhthread03.jpg

Last edited:
That'll never work. It sounds like fanboyism to me. Just pull a James Bond and bring back Alfred Molina and jk Simmons and we're gold

That'll never work. It sounds like fanboyism to me. Just pull a James Bond and bring back Alfred Molina and jk Simmons and we're gold

I was trying hard to avoid fanboyism :cmad: :cwink:
I'm more of a Webb-fanboy to be honest. So bringing back some of the old cast would be counter-productive if I was aiming for fanboyism :)

I've been thinking about how to make the franchise interesting again and thus save it! My idea connects already planned content with blatant imitation (as before) and a hint of originality.

Now that so much advertising for the Sinister Six was done in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", they should hold on to this idea strictly. My suggestion would be to release this film before "The Amazing Spider-Man 3," however not as an "redemption movie"! They should seize the opportunity to establish previously unknown team members (Vulture? Kraven?). To save even more time, I have a very crazy idea: bring back Alfred Molina's Doc Ock! As equally strong characters, the Goblin and Ock would compete for the leadership position, which would provide additional conflict in the team. Mostly this films is about recruiting the members, fighting each other and a large scale finale...

ottodead.jpg

I'm sure you wonder what Ock from Raimi's films has to do in the new Webb universe. As you you can remember, at the end of Spider-Man 2 Otto Octavius was drowned in the East River along with his fusion experiment. Or was he? In the last shot of him his eyes are still wide open. For a long time, fans suspected that Raimi still wanted to keep a "back door" open. So why not take advantage of this now? Without talking too scientifically, I'll try to explain Ock's time and space travel. Otto created a small sun during his fusion project. Suns become red giants and then white dwarfs, some of them turn into black holes. The miniature version of such a hole has now catapulted Ock into a dimension, in which the reboot is taking place. Still controlled by his arms, he learns that there is a Spider-Man here too, so he seeks for revenge. His second goal is to open a new portal to get back again. During the finale in Central Park, this project is thwarted by Spidey ...at least he thinks so!

Let's get to the ever popular after or mid credit scene, whicht would ideally be placed after "Sinister Six". If everything's done right, this would cause a huge WTF moment and a dance of joy of many fans' hearts. We see New York through a familiar yellowish color filter. In Central Park, a major event is taking place, the wedding of the year! Lots of guests and numerous camera crews follow the action. A redhead and a frail-looking man are standing at the altar, when a mysterious wind confuses the guests. Suddenly, above them a small black hole opens and threatens to suck them in. The groom turns to the tumult... it's Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker! Next to him, Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane in a beautiful white dress. "Damnit!," he says. Sad-eyed, she answers: "I guess it's not meant to be ...". He replies: "I have to see what's going on. I'll be right back, I promise." She smiles and says, "Well then, go get'em, Tiger!" Peter runs off the podium and right into the chaos. Next, we see Spider-Man jump towards the hole and then swing straight into the camera!

wedding.jpg

So why take the franchise into this direction? The fact is, many people are still attached to the old movies with Maguire, Dunst & Co and regret the sudden, unpleasant end. Combining the old and the new trilogy would be the real redemption. Both, fans of the Raimi series as well as fans of the Webb-movies would flock to the theaters. "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" would thus be a meeting of generations and a merging of loose ends. Imagine how Tobey's Peter would react to the circumstances in the current universe! His younger, alternate self, with the still quite fresh loss of his great love in mind, would be suspicious of the new Spidey, maybe even consider him as one of the illusions that plague him since Gwen's death (Mysterio?). But he would know fairly quickly that this "other one" is real. Together they would defeat the Sinister Six at the end, before Tobey-Peter leaves for his own world (with Ock in handcuffs) ;) He'd share a good advice with Andrew-Peter, concerning a certain redhead and a black suit.

twospidey.jpg

I was trying to do something similar to the Avengers and DOFP. I know, it's copying other successful CBMs all over again, but at the same time, it'd be quite unique!

What do you think?

I really like it, man!!! I do not think Maguire and Dunst will return tho.

That's actually an amazing idea. I would love it.

The comics did it, so why not have it happen in the movies?

However I love the idea of alternate dimension Spideys meeting. I'd love if they had a Noir Spidey and 2099 Spidey.

X-Men Days of Future Past introduced time-travel. I'd love for Spidey to introduce a multiverse of alternate Spider-Men.

Call the movie where they meet "The Spectacular Spider-Men"

What do you think?

Realistically I'd just Ignore the Internet and just sit back and enjoy the movies. While not the greatest they are far from worst.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it guys :)

The chance of something like this being turned into a movie is very low though
Sony has different plans I guess

Would be interesting. Although I'm not too terribly fond of being reminded of Dunst's attempts at being Mary Jane.

Imagine this conversation taking place at the end of TASM3

T-Peter: "Alright, I have to go. My bride-to-be is waiting!"
A-Peter: "Wait wha...?? What bride?? You, I mean, I'm.. gonna get married?"
T-Peter: "Errr umm, well... I'm not sure... things are quite different in your world."
A-Peter: "...c'mon, at least tell me her name!"
T-Peter: "I'm sure you'll notice when you hit the jackpot"
A-Peter: "Wait... what jackpot..? What are you talk-.... ok he's gone. Guess I have to find out on my own. What jackpot?? Lottery jackpot? I don't play the lottery... or was he talking about a lottery announcer??...."

:D

Imagine this conversation taking place at the end of TASM3

T-Peter: "Alright, I have to go. My bride-to-be is waiting!"
A-Peter: "Wait wha...?? What bride?? You, I mean, I'm.. gonna get married?"
T-Peter: "Errr umm, well... I'm not sure... things are quite different in your world."
A-Peter: "...c'mon, at least tell me her name!"
T-Peter: "I'm sure you'll notice when you hit the jackpot"
A-Peter: "Wait... what jackpot..? What are you talk-.... ok he's gone. Guess I have to find out on my own. What jackpot?? Lottery jackpot? I don't play the lottery... or was he talking about a lottery announcer??...."

:D

What a brilliant idea!! I wish we could get a movie like this!

It is a great idea, DerSpider, but I do feel like a lot of Raimi fanboy's would be like "They brought the old cast back because they know the new one sucks!" etc.

This idea is pretty awesome! :grin:

Maybe bring Nick Hammond into it too? :hehe:

I want a Spider-man 2099 team up more than anything tbh especially after finishing The Superior Spider-ma comics.

Honestly I said it before, Mysterio is probably the best way to go. I mean he is something that would feel fresh and new.

Now the problems is:

1. Harry building Sinister Six
2. Must connect to Oscorp
3. Producers don't want Mysterio

You know who would be a good Mysterio? Andy Serkis.

I always questioned the idea of combining the two movie universes and creating a "clone saga" type thing. In that story line there would be a really great chance to introduce the different worlds and Spider-Men.

The producers don't want mysterio yet mysterio is in the six......their box office numbers proved to be a disappointment because of them screwing around with the second film and if they do the same with the third film they're ****ed

Mysterio is in the Six in the comics but they have said that they may not use the 6 that are in the comics.

Not in the film roster. That was Chameleon in the credits.

Reminds me a lot of Spider-Man shattered dimesion...... i like it!! it would be really cool to have the two Spider-Men have a quick fight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"