A Death Confirmed? Other minor spoilers...

Just for reference, the track list from X2:

X-2: X-Men United

1. Suite From X2 / John Ottman

2. Storm's Perfect Storm / John Ottman

3. Finding Faith / John Ottman

4. Sneaky Mystique / John Ottman

5. Cerebro / John Ottman

6. Mansion Attack / John Ottman

7. Rogue Earns Her Wings / John Ottman

8. It's Time / John Ottman

9. Magneto's Old Tricks / John Ottman

10. I'm In / John Ottman

11. If You Really Knew / John Ottman

12. Playing With Fire / John Ottman

13. Death Strikes Deathstryke / John Ottman

14. Getting Out Alive / John Ottman

15. Goodbye / John Ottman

16. We're Here To Stay / John Ottman

haha. "Death Strikes Deathstryke"

Paste Pot Pete said:
Maybe "Whirlpool of Love" is Cyclops getting lost/seemingly drowning in Alkali Lake; and "Shock and No Oars" is him waking up and making it back to shore..just in time for the final battle.

Or I could just be desperately grasping for hope.
God do I hope so. Guy's my second favorite X-man and they always stick him in the back with Storm and Wolverine up front. It should be about the X-men, not who is staring in the X-men. Cyc should always but front and center. For a guy deemed leader, they haven't shown him doing much leading.:(

Don't think it's strange that there is 27 track ? For x2 there was less , hope that means that the movie duration is prolonged.:confused:

Man, I REALLY dont want them to kill off Xavier. It just doesn't feel right... What are the X-Men without Professor X? And with Cyclops having like 20 seconds of screentime, who will be their leader then? Wolverine or Storm i bet! Man, i'm sick of those two already, I want more Cyclops!!!

X and Cyke I hope will be brought back for X4 if people protest enough... remember, many many heroes have died in the comics and been brought back... especially someone who is the premier pyschic in the Marvel uni, and someone whose wife is the premier tk/tp in the marvel uni... at east, that's what I hope...

...and just to weigh in on this, "writer" is a synonym in humans, especially in recent comics history and in movies, for "megalomaniac who enjoys killing people or who enjoys destroying characters built up by years of work by another creator." Like other creatures marking their territory, it seems a true boon to their ego is when they can destroy something older fans love, or when they can kill off a beloved character. Creative storylines involve real creative work. It's much easier just to kill someone for a cheap thrill than to develop a character along a long line of continuity. That, you see, would require an attention span.

I don't mean to be offensive, but I've just had it with this deus ex machina style of writing that dominates today. Or is that necro ex machina... ?

Sooo what would you have Pheonix do that is so terrifyingly amazing? I mean if she's such a greater threat than Magneto that it makes him look small by comparison, in what way would they be able to show it besides her actually being able to get to the X-men with ease? Even someone like the Professor couldn't stop her and that says something. That the X-men will never be able to beat her with brute force and have to try something different for a change and that it will be even more difficult without the Professor around.

Katsuro said:
Man, I REALLY dont want them to kill off Xavier. It just doesn't feel right... What are the X-Men without Professor X? And with Cyclops having like 20 seconds of screentime, who will be their leader then? Wolverine or Storm i bet! Man, i'm sick of those two already, I want more Cyclops!!!
Oh I definately agree with you about Cyclops. If they shortchanged Captain America in an Avengers movie there'd be a frickin riot. Cyclops should be the leader with Wolverine the loose cannon of the team. In a team movie you concentrate on each character fairly and equally. Even Fantastic 4 got this right. Wolverine is my favorite X-man and all but it really should not be "On today's episode of Wolverine: Wolverine meets the X-men".

I'm saying that it's the easy way to create tension and drama, and I believe your question, if you'll pardon me, proves my point. It's more difficult to create tension and drama without the convenient death of main characters. How would I do it? Any number of ways. The first two films provide templates for how this could be done while continuing the franchise. As far as what she could do, have her wipe out all nuclear weapons on earth. Have her set herself up as Queen of the universe, complete with an ipo. Have her do something that shows more imagination than I have... which is what I want in any creative work.

Savage said:
Oh I definately agree with you about Cyclops. If they shortchanged Captain America in an Avengers movie there'd be a frickin riot. Cyclops should be the leader with Wolverine the loose cannon of the team. In a team movie you concentrate on each character fairly and equally. Even Fantastic 4 got this right. Wolverine is my favorite X-man and all but it really should not be "On today's episode of Wolverine: Wolverine meets the X-men".

And we definitely agree on Cyclops, Savage...these movies could be titled Wolvy 1, 2, and 3

um...hmph...

Does anyone know when the soundtrack will be out?

Interesting things taken from Kanon's link
1455 - Wars of the Roses: At the First Battle of St Albans, Richard, Duke of York, defeats and captures King Henry VI of England.

1872 - Reconstruction: U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant signs the Amnesty Act of 1872 into law restoring full civil rights to all but about 500 Confederate sympathizers.

1964 - U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announces the goals of his Great Society social reforms to bring an "end to poverty and racial injustice" in America.

Katsuro said:
Man, I REALLY dont want them to kill off Xavier. It just doesn't feel right... What are the X-Men without Professor X?

Not for nothing, but the X-Men have been without Xavier several times...first time was way back in the original run from the 60s, when Xavier faked his death(only Jean knew that he was really alive)...and also for a time when Xavier was in space with Lilandra(Phoenix Saga), and again after injuries from a near fatal mugging attacked, he had to be taken into space with Lilandra and use the Shi'ar's advance technology so he could recover...this is when he asked Magneto to take his place and lead the X-Men. Xavier was gone for like 4-5 years(real-time years, not comic years) during this period.

martinbluther said:
...and just to weigh in on this, "writer" is a synonym in humans, especially in recent comics history and in movies, for "megalomaniac who enjoys killing people or who enjoys destroying characters built up by years of work by another creator." Like other creatures marking their territory, it seems a true boon to their ego is when they can destroy something older fans love, or when they can kill off a beloved character. Creative storylines involve real creative work. It's much easier just to kill someone for a cheap thrill than to develop a character along a long line of continuity. That, you see, would require an attention span.

I don't mean to be offensive, but I've just had it with this deus ex machina style of writing that dominates today. Or is that necro ex machina... ?

eXcellent post! :up:

i think it's deus ex machina...... if you mean by the literal meaning god comes down and fixes everything.

Farewell to X could mean he is going on a vacation!

"Shock and No Oars"

I love love LOVE that track name!

omigosh.

gambitfire said:
i think it's deus ex machina...... if you mean by the literal meaning god comes down and fixes everything.

Don't you mean Goddess?

well, I remember someone posting the link to where they found this track list and soundtrack info...and I've been there and it looks legit...but...if that was a while ago...or it feels like this thread was started a while ago...Why then, have places like amazon.com not released any information on the soundtrack with only 2 weeks or so to go...no pre-orders no cover art no nothing when you type John Powells name in...it could very well be a work in progress just like the entire last minute feel of this whole movie...just a thought:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"