A deeper dialogue...

X-Maniac said:
If they'd stop bashing me, then I would. I've been called a loyalist simply for liking it.

And your stepping into this, making further accusations, isn't helping.

So, keep your nose out.

This is a public forum, where anyone can reply.

And I wasn't accusing you, I was pointing out.

X-Maniac said:
If anyone had bothered to see what I was being accused of, then you'd know why i was responding.

Please press ignore if you don't like it. I am NOT being driven off this forum by other posters blaming me for the movie, and that is final.

Same here. I've been called a loyalist...in fact, apparently I'm a card carrying member of LastSunrise's "Brotherhood of Loyalists" now. I've been told I have low standards, unintelligent, and afflicted with ADD, and have been to stop whining when asking him to knock it off.

All I did was like the bloody movie. And I'm not leaving because someone wants to have a tantrum about it.

I'd much rather discuss the movies than someone's lunatic rantings.

That being said...in regards to X-Maniac's original post:

Nice job. It's mostly the missing dialogue I wanted to hear in those scenes. Particularly the scene with Storm talking to Rogue--I thought that pause after "There's nothing wrong with any of us for that matter," seemed awkward when it ended just then.

For the loyalists who don't understand great development or storytelling, here are prime examples of how to create emotion/impact that leaves a lasting impression.

These films have something that X3 will never have and that is deep meaning that makes you feel a range of emotions. Nothing in X3 made me choke up, shed a tear, or made me feel as though it was a tragedy that no one will ever forget.

I'm not saying every movie is perfect nor am I saying these films are perfect. However, they provide a powerful impact that makes you feel it without it being silly or making you roll your eyes. When I was waiting for X3 I was expecting to be moved emotionally and I never experienced those feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOZBedhlmo
(Terminator 2 Ending)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_fcKC1x6I
(Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader Empire Strikes Back)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlDzQVxDkP0
(Forrest Gump ending)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMe--_IO7gI
(Mufasa's death in the Lion King)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfYUsLNzjiQ
(The ending of The Crow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVvUnhEs_g
(Return of the King)

my only problem is that there's already a re write thread for something like this...

^LOL I think people are mostly pissed at X3 because it actually says 'The Last Stand". So of course tehy are gonna be looking for the right root for maing this the best X-film..which IMO was not. And X-maniac,your re-write could have been better, but it wasn't all that bad. Good job.

To be honest X-Maniac's "rewrite" wasn't that different from the actual movie. Hell, half of the changes he made in dialogue wouldn't have made a difference.

The changes the film needs is dialogue of course along with storytelling and emotional impact as well.

LastSunrise1981 said:
To be honest X-Maniac's "rewrite" wasn't that different from the actual movie. Hell, half of the changes he made in dialogue wouldn't have made a difference.

The changes the film needs is dialogue of course along with storytelling and emotional impact as well.

Perhaps so.... but my intention with that expanded dialogue -- which was written very quickly and 'off the cuff' --- was to give those scenes more breathing space, a slower pacing and greater connection to the previous movies (thus I gave Storm more warmth/compassion and a connection to Jean, I tied in Jean's behaviour to the Liberty Island incident and an explanation of the term Phoenix). I was just sharing some thoughts on things that i thought would enhance the flow of the movies.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Christ.

Stop bashing people who didn't like the movie.
LastSunrise and others can stop bashing people who do like the movie.:cmad:

X-Maniac said:
STORM (addressing everyone): We've fought so hard for our acceptance, not just to be at ease with ourselves but for society to allow us to exist. Surely they can't just do this, make us feel like we are an illness that has to be cured?

ROTFLMAO :D

X-Maniac, only you could have written that line. :p

Oh Jesus...I actually understand the reason why people say "The movie is done. Get over it." At first I thought the comment was a little rude, but that is exactly what people need to do....get over it (Not targeting you X-maniac, sort of seems that way coming from your thread) please.

N_z0 said:
ROTFLMAO :D

X-Maniac, only you could have written that line. :p

I see nothing wrong with the word 'surely', but then the English language is my friend. I see only more nitpicking. There really can't be many more nits for you to pick.

May I suggest:
nitai3.jpg

javon said:
Oh Jesus...I actually understand the reason why people say "The movie is done. Get over it." At first I thought the comment was a little rude, but that is exactly what people need to do....get over it (Not targeting you X-maniac, sort of seems that way coming from your thread) please.

And yet you have been agreeing with, even encouraging, the complaints made on here, Javon. I could see you getting sucked in, I almost warned you many times what was happening.

Now you can see, finally, that it doesn't get us anywhere at all.

As I've been saying for MONTHS, the movie is a done deal.

seriously get over this... this... madness turn this forum back to the happy place it once was

X-Maniac said:
I see nothing wrong with the word 'surely', but then the English language is my friend. I see only more nitpicking. There really can't be many more nits for you to pick.

May I suggest:
nitai3.jpg

There is nothing wrong with the word 'Surely.' But you know something's wrong when you use that word every other post and it's annoying to the point where people notice it. :p

Surely ( ;) ) I can't be the only one to notice this. :D

N_z0 said:
There is nothing wrong with the word 'Surely.' But you know something's wrong when you use that word every other post and it's annoying to the point where people notice it. :p

Surely ( ;) ) I can't be the only one to notice this. :D

I didn't think I overused that word. Evidently, those nits are itching you well and good. A further application of that lotion might help as you evidently have quite a problem with my presence here on the board. Pity, especially as it's your problem. :woot:

Just something I noticed. Do i get a Marvel bullpen No-prize? :D

I'm sure if you did a quick search up top, you'd find out like the rest of us that you use that word quite often. :D

And thanks for the offer for some Elimi-nit. But I'm happy with my Johnson and johnson. ^^

X-Maniac said:
And yet you have been agreeing with, even encouraging, the complaints made on here, Javon. I could see you getting sucked in, I almost warned you many times what was happening.

Now you can see, finally, that it doesn't get us anywhere at all.

As I've been saying for MONTHS, the movie is a done deal.

:huh: Wow, thats the last time I give you some credit. What in the world have I encouraged? Oh nevermind, this thread is full of picking on you anyway so i'll just leave it that way. Good luck trying to defend yourself.

javon said:
:huh: Wow, thats the last time I give you some credit. What in the world have I encouraged? Oh nevermind, this thread is full of picking on you anyway so i'll just leave it that way. Good luck trying to defend yourself.

I'm quite capable of defending myself thanks... and of having my own opinion.

The reason people are attacking me is because it's an easy option, a total cop-out. They are powerless to do anything about the movie and people like Ratner, Kinberg etc are way out of reach, so they instead find an easier target. Attacking other posters makes them feel better about their frustrations because I can see and hear what they are saying and will answer them back. Lastsunrise actually put 'signed Simon Kinberg' at the bottom of one of my replies - he is turning me into him because he can't directly attack Simon himself. So I am being made a substitute for the real people who are to blame.

Just remember to have your own opinion about the movie. Don't just listen to everyone else and get caught up in their frustrations. And remember there are truly some pathetic people on this forum, as you can see simply by studying this thread. People who drag up old arguments between me and another poster (arguments which neither I nor the other poster have a problem with) in an attempt to cause trouble. I mean, how dare I enjoy the movie?! How dare I like this film?! What a disgrace! Yes, i obviously wrote it or made! Yes, that's logical, that must be it! And yet that's what people actually think.

Sadly even the mods can't see exactly what is going on and accuse me of 'bickering' when of course I am going to respond to direct attacks on my character. This forum sucks, and it's no wonder that most of the great posters no longer come here any more. The truth in what I say is here for all to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"