Superman Returns A few Questions...

fangrl06

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know some of these questions might seem a little redundant, but a lot of people are asking them, so bear with me:
1. Does Lois know who Superman is since she found out in Superman 2, or has she forgotten?
2. If she has forgotten, then could she truly believe Richard is the boy's Father when it is really Superman?
3. If the boy is Superman's son, conceived while Supes was human, than does that make him human?

1. Does Lois know who Superman is since she found out in Superman 2, or has she forgotten?

Nope she doesnt know anything. Thats not in continunity. All that happened is Superman and Lois had a prior relationship; likely on par with the relationship they have on Superman The Animated Series.

2. If she has forgotten, then could she truly believe Richard is the boy's Father when it is really Superman?

Richard could be the real father, we dont know yet.

3. If the boy is Superman's son, conceived while Supes was human, than does that make him human

No it doesnt. That event never really happened. Pretty much everything from Superman II is not in SR's continuity except for the fact that Lois and Superman had some kind of relationship in the past........

but we dont know the details, or whether they even had sex.

I think Singer left Superman II out to be respectful to Donner. Donner is releasing his own version of Superman II this summer and was displeased with how Lester handled it.

fangrl06 said:
I know some of these questions might seem a little redundant, but a lot of people are asking them, so bear with me:

Not to step on Kane's toes, but heres my $.02 for your questions...

No, if S2 is in here, "The Kiss" is the main thing carried over. I believe. she whispers something in Superman's ear in the Hospital, no one knows what it is though... unless you seen it.

fangrl06 said:

Quite possibly. Depends if its mentioned in the film how long she knew Richard for...

fangrl06 said:
3. If the boy is Superman's son, conceived while Supes was human, than does that make him human?

One would think, but once again, this all goes back to if "The Kiss" is in continuity...

Nivek said:
Not to step on Kane's toes, but heres my $.02 for your questions...

No, if S2 is in here, "The Kiss" is the main thing carried over. I believe. she whispers something in Superman's ear in the Hospital, no one knows what it is though... unless you seen it.

Quite possibly. Depends if its mentioned in the film how long she knew Richard for...

One would think, but once again, this all goes back to if "The Kiss" is in continuity...
You make some good points. In Superman 4, she remembers, but I don't think that counts....

She remembers? Its been stated Supes is the dad. So they did have sex. And the kiss or something else happened. She kinda remembers the white father crystal in the book.

fangrl06 said:

Going strictly on the novelization I'm going to say it's highly unlikely that Lois knows Clark is Superman. However, she does seem to be more comfortable with him than she was in STM and SII, so maybe she does know and as is playing along like she doesn't because she's pissed.

Here is the thing that will never make sense about this whole damn scenario. In SII, Lois was seriously thinking Superman and Clark were the same person. It wasn't like the random thought she had in STM. She was thinking they were the same person. She had put some deductive skills into the problem. How can you take that away? That's like taking away someone's knowledge of math. How can you erase that?

The whole MIND RAPE is ass backwards, and though I like to see the MOS apologize for that because that was some BS. I will not be surprised if Singer leaves it at the fact that she doesn't know.

fangrl06 said:

I have always figured that Lois thinks Richard is the father. I refuse to buy that hardened, career journalist like Lois Lane would believe that SHE was choosen for the next immaculate conception. She wouldn't buy that. She would be like WTF....like any woman would if they suddenly popped up preggers and couldn't even remember having sex!! You don't let **** like that slip by, not even on a bad day!

So, obviously for me, there has to have been someone around...someone like Richard.

fangrl06 said:

This goes back to the crazy damn tube. What did it do? How did it do it? This is my theory. Going on STM and SII only, I don't buy this crap in the comics, but I'm assuming that the tube depowered not only Supes but his sperm as well (I guess it's all one package, but you get what I'm saying). If he was powered up he wouldn't have been able to impregnate her. However, the fact that he wasn't powered up made the conception possible.

I think Jason will have powers because he would still be half Kryptonian.

I think he can have children while powered up. I agree, he will still be half kryptonian.

charl_huntress said:
Going strictly on the novelization I'm going to say it's highly unlikely that Lois knows Clark is Superman. However, she does seem to be more comfortable with him than she was in STM and SII, so maybe she does know and as is playing along like she doesn't because she's pissed.

Here is the thing that will never make sense about this whole damn scenario. In SII, Lois was seriously thinking Superman and Clark were the same person. It wasn't like the random thought she had in STM. She was thinking they were the same person. She had put some deductive skills into the problem. How can you take that away? That's like taking away someone's knowledge of math. How can you erase that?

The whole MIND RAPE is ass backwards, and though I like to see the MOS apologize for that because that was some BS. I will not be surprised if Singer leave it at the fact that she doesn't know.

I have always figured that Lois thinks Richard is the father. I refuse to buy that hardened, career journalist like Lois Lane would believe that SHE was choosen for the next immaculate conception. She wouldn't buy that. She would be like WTF....like any woman would if they suddenly popped up preggers and they couldn't even remember having sex!! You don't let know **** like that slip by, not even on a bad day!

So, obviously for me, there has to have been someone around...someone like Richard.

This goes back to the crazy damn tube. What did it do? How did it do it? This is my theory. Going on STM and SII only, I don't buy this crap in the comics, but I'm assuming that the tube depowered not only Supes but his sperm as well (I guess it's all one package, but you get what I'm saying). If he was powered up he wouldn't have been able to impregnate her. However, the fact that he wasn't powered up made the conception possible.

I think Jason will have powers because he would still be half Kryptonian.

1. Yeah, the amnesia kiss was a bit out there... Not as much as Supes throwing his plastic wrap S thingy at one of the Kryptonians... WTF was that?

2. We'll she and Jason have disguised a plan to hide Jason's true potential ala Jonathan and Martha Kent. She knows...

3. I think he NEVER de-powered according to SR. I think he finally admitted to Lois who he is (after she catches him with no burns from the fire). At this point they sleep together at the FOS. It works… He never deceived her about not being Clark when the slept together, but at the same time he still had his powers and this is why Jason has them.

Batman the 6th said:
What do you mean ala Jonathan and Martha Kent?
That's why we see him wearing glasses as a teenager. They thought he would need to disguise himself so people wouldn't pick up on his abilities.

The kid is 5, and he is faking diseases on purpose to disguise himself? He's that smart?

MoreCowbell said:
1. Yeah, the amnesia kiss was a bit out there... Not as much as Supes throwing his plastic wrap S thingy at one of the Kryptonians... WTF was that?

LOL...you had to remind me of that? I had almost banished it so that I could believe it never actually happened in the movie...DAMN YOU MoreCowbell:)

MoreCowbell said:
2. We'll she and Jason have disguised a plan to hide Jason's true potential ala Jonathan and Martha Kent. She knows...

Possible, but that makes her behavior toward Supes almost unacceptable, IMO, because she has a responsibility to tell him he has a child. Her keeping it a secret to protect the child is reasonable, but her not telling the father becuse she's pissed off is...NO:O Though from some of the spoiler reviews, it sounds like Jason is the one doing the covering up, and he's doing all this on his own with no direction from anyone else.

MoreCowbell said:
3. I think he NEVER de-powered according to SR. I think he finally admitted to Lois who he is (after she catches him with no burns from the fire). At this point they sleep together at the FOS. It works… He never deceived her about not being Clark when the slept together, but at the same time he still had his powers and this is why Jason has them.

So, in your scenario did the hypno kiss still happen? LOL...though I like your idea better because I don't like this idea that a Terran and Kryptonian can't procreate. I know someone is going to say they can't, they are two different species, but c'mon this is science-fiction. Starman did it!

edit:

Hey though, Cowbell, did you see the storyboards in the documentary? In those pics Jason IS wearing glasses. I thought that was very telling, so maybe Lois is protecting him because she knows he's different. But then that means that she KNOWS she slept with Superman because how else does she explain how and why Jason is so different?

UGH...I don't like this idea either because it means that Superman slept with her without telling her, and Lois...doesn't know still. A pair of glasses is one thing, but uhhh....intimate relations and she still doesn't know???? Kind of hard to buy.

Vulcans and Humans did on Star Trek. I've only seen the movie with the whales, that's how I know.

Heck! John Stewart and Hawkgirl made Warhawk!!!!!

She friggin has wings on her back and he's a human.

Good point. I wonder if it would hurt if a guy and Supergirl had sex. That makes me cringe. Sorry for all the Guys who read this.

charl_huntress said:
LOL...you had to remind me of that? I had almost banished it so that I could believe it never actually happened in the movie...DAMN YOU MoreCowbell:)

Possible, but that makes her behavior toward him almost unacceptable, IMO, because she has a responsibility to tell him he has a child. Her keeping it a secret to protect the child is reasonable, but her not telling the father becuse she's pissed off is...NO:O

So, in your scenario did the hypno kiss still happen? LOL...though I like your idea better because I don't like this idea that Terran and Kryptonian can't procreate. I know someone is going to say they can't they are two different species, but c'mon this is science-fiction. Starman did it!

edit:

Hey though, Cowbell, did you see the storyboards in the documentary? In those pics Jason IS wearing glasses. I thought that was very telling, so maybe Lois is protecting him because she's knows he's different. But then that means that she KNOWS she slept with Superman because how else does she explain how and why Jason is so different?

UGH...I don't like this idea either because it means that Superman slept with her without telling her, and Lois...doesn't know still. A pair of glasses is one thing, but uhhh....intimate relations and she still don't know???? Kind of hard to buy.

At one point does Lois say "Hey, we had a kid together?" She's still very upset with him and everything is happening so fast. It's why she waits until she's by his bed side. You tell him now or you never will get the chance. She only has one real meeting with im (on the DP roof). And during this meeting he requested an interview and she was annoyed by that.

Did the hypno kiss happen? Yes... I hate to believe it does, but yes. She believes she's seen the cyrstal before, but can't really put her finger on it. I think she later learns (after his birth) that the kid is special... Really special. I think through deductive reasoning she figures it out. Somehow, she and Superman were together.

This is for you C_H...
http://www.grouper.com/GlobalMedia/MediaDetails.aspx?id=856115&st=-1&s=7&q=superman

:)

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. My idea of Lois knowing about her son's abilties and covering them up with fake illnesses was misplaced. Here is the quote from the review...

The excellent usage of Supermans "super-hearing" to eavesdrop. Superman's son's asthma which seems to be a "cover up" of his super powers soon to unfold.

I misread. I thought he was suggesting that it was covered up by Lois (as the previous sentence was about Supes and Lois. So that changes some things... Back to drawing board...

I wonder if she'll get all of her memories back at once(like Clark did in Blank of S4 of SV) That would be cool.

MoreCowbell said:
At one point does Lois say "Hey, we had a kid together?" She's still very upset with him and everything is happening so fast. It's why she waits until she's by his bed side. You tell him now or you never will get the chance. She only has one real meeting with im (on the DP roof). And during this meeting he requested an interview and she was annoyed by that.

I could buy this if any of the spoiler reviews mentioned what she actually said in the hospital. I was thinking the big reveal would be then, but that scene is not mentioned at all. So, I'm thinking she told him that she still loves him.

MoreCowbell said:
Did the hypno kiss happen? Yes... I hate to believe it does, but yes. She believes she's seen the cyrstal before, but can't really put her finger on it. I think she later learns (after his birth) that the kid is special... Really special. I think through deductive reasoning she figures it out. Somehow, she and Superman were together.

That sounds reasonable...lol...I just want her to throw a chair at him when she does remember:)

MoreCowbell said:

Cruel and diabolical...though if they would have had that conversation about the plastic \S/, I might not have such a resent towards it now. Too funny...thanks for sharing I had never seen that.

MoreCowbell said:
EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. My idea of Lois knowing about her son's abilties and covering them up with fake illnesses was misplaced. Here is the quote from the review...

I misread. I thought he was suggesting that it was covered up by Lois (as the previous sentence was about Supes and Lois. So that changes some things... Back to drawing board...

Seems to me Jason could be covering it up on his own, which means out of all the adults he's the only one who figured it out right away...shame:)

Batman the 6th...I think that's exactly how it's going to happen.

He's like a Mutant from X-men, having all these abilities, not knowing how to control them or how to tell his family. What about needles though? Surely he goes to the doc alot.

Well Supes didn't get his powers until he was more of a teenager, so he's probably still very normal and vulnerable to needles and stuff. But, I'm assuming he must have some hidden talents. We'll have to wait and see what those are though, but if rumors are to be believe he has some kind of mental power.

charl_huntress said:
Seems to me Jason could be covering it up on his own, which means out of all the adults he's the only one who figured it out right away...shame
That would be great... Just like no one has figured out Clark is Superman. No one figures out the kid is hiding his abilities... He might be scared/ashamed to reveal his powers, like Angel in X3.

Who knows at this point. I'm lost within my own thoughts.

Maybe he tells his mother towards the end, after seeing Superman with all of these powers. If he was older, and smarter, I would say the kid should ask his mom waht are all of his powers, then he will put them together. But waiting 15 years for him to figure out who his father is is stupid. It depends on what story you take from. In SV, Clark was 3 and had a little bit of strength(not like in STM) In SV when he was 14, he learned he was invulnerable, and learned of X-ray vision. At 15, he learned heat vision. At 16 he learned of superhearing. At 17, he flew, but doesn't remember how. In the book, he learns his heat vison almost the same way as in SV. Except in the old movies, he only had spped and strength before he got to the FOS. He also hovered in SR. How old is Clark supposed to be, that Stephen Bendar kid. 13 or 15? Or 12?

He should ask Lois what are Supes powers, if he was older, it might have been confusing, sorry about that.

Maybe he just thinks he's wierd....and considering that for all of his life there has never been a Superman in Metropolis...it might not occur to him why he is so wierd. Plus, he's a child. I don't think he's questioning what Momma did and with whom. He does think Richard is his father, or at least he calls him Daddy, so I would think if he had powers he ain't telling for whatever reasons kids keep secrets.

Like Cowbell...I'm lost in my own thoughts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"