The Dark Knight Rises A lot of Questions about Dark Knight Rises

xxbluejay21

Civilian
Reaction score
So... I have a lot of questions. I'm going to number them so please write which question you're answering! Some of these questions might be stupid and/or obvious, but please bear with me. Thank you guys!

1. How does Selina Kyle know bane? Does she have a history with him? What's her relationship with him?

2. Does she (Selina) have anything to do with the League of Shadows? Does she even know about it?

3. Why does she steal stuff? Is she like poor or something?

4. IF she is just a poor thief, how does she have a high tech suit? Why does she even wear a high tech suit?

5. How is she so good at fighting? (also has to do with questions 1/2)

6. Why did she look forward to this revolution from Bane?

7. When she got caught and went to jail, was it part of her plan?

8. Who's the girl Selina lives with? What is their relationship?

9. If Wayne Enterprises disappeared and Selina retired, how will Selina and Bruce make money to survive?

10. Who sent the police food?

11. Why didn't bane just blow up the city instead of causing all that drama?

12. Is there going to be another Batman movie?

13. Not batman related, but Why isn't Nolan directing The Man of Steel? Why is he only producing it? Any specific reason? Quotes? Interviews?

THANKS GUYS!!! THIS MOVIE IS TRULY A MASTERPIECE. I DESHI BASARA'D AND CLAPPED IN THE THEATER WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER.

So... I have a lot of questions. I'm going to number them so please write which question you're answering! Some of these questions might be stupid and/or obvious, but please bear with me. Thank you guys!

1. How does Selina Kyle know bane? Does she have a history with him? What's her relationship with him?

Dagget employed Bane to hit the stock exchange. He also hired Catwoman to secure Bruce Wayne's fingerprints. Bane used them to authorize the bad deals that broke Bruce finanically.

I believe we see Batman and Catwoman fighting together against Bane's mercenaries on the rooftop before Batman was broken. So I think Catwoman led Batman to Bane to get on his good side...sort of like, "here's the guy you're really after, now let me off the hook."

The girl's name was Jen. She looked young, so she might've known about Bane' men taking in the "at risk" orphans from St. Swithin's.

2. Does she (Selina) have anything to do with the League of Shadows? Does she even know about it?

Selina said she stole from the rich to help the poor.
4. IF she is just a poor thief, how does she have a high tech suit? Why does she even wear a high tech suit?

She's a thief; eventually she'd get the money for the suit. She'd buy it in pieces. For example, the goggles first. Then later the boots/heels etc.

She needed a way to get past guards and escape if she was caught. It was probably a necessity for her profession.

She thought Bane was going to start a movement of equalizing the classes, where the rich helped the poor.

Jen. I think she's just a friend; she didn't look old enough to be a lover.

9. If Wayne Enterprises disappeared and Selina retired, how will Selina and Bruce make money to survive?

Trust funds, offshore accounts...stealing from the corrupt? :D

I believe we saw Bane's men lowering down MRE's sent by the military.

They needed to deliver a message that would galvanize widespread revolution. Bane also wanted to flaunt Bruce's failure while Bruce was helpless. Simply setting off the bomb could come off as just a really unfortunate accident or some random terrorist attack.

13. Not batman related, but Why isn't Nolan directing The Man of Steel? Why is he only producing it? Any specific reason? Quotes? Interviews?

THANKS GUYS!!! THIS MOVIE IS TRULY A MASTERPIECE. I DESHI BASARA'D AND CLAPPED IN THE THEATER WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER.

Answers in bold. :)

She said she had to "find a way for them to stop trying to kill me" so she likely had run ins in the past but nothing more.
She has no knowledge of the LoS I'm guessing.
I think she steals mainly because she has a big thing against the rich. She really doesn't like them because they look down on the poor.

The suit isn't really high tech... it allows for flexibility and has a belt around its waist. She probably stole the suit and modified it herself. The goggles she probably stole :D
No idea. It isn't said how long she has been Catwoman for she is likely self-trained (if that is possible :D)
Because Bane's revolution made everyone equal. She hated the rich and Bane's plan brought them down the her level she also seems to have a thing for chaos.
Doubtful. She got spotted by Blake after trying to avoid the cops.
Her name was Jen she just seemed to be a friend/assistant the depth of their relationship is not revealed. They seemed close though.

He probably had accounts set up around the world and a few calls to Fox and Alfred would probably sort him out.
Bane's guys.
The LoS don't directly destroy places. They let them destroy themselves. The bomb had months and in that time the plan was for Gotham to just destroy itself from the inside (not brilliantly brought across in the film though) the bomb would become unstable and blow up on its own so technically the LoS wouldn't be blowing it up. Although that theory is slightly undone by Talia actually pushing the trigger.

Also Bane said he wanted to destroy Batman's soul just blowing up Gotham wouldn't do that. He wanted Bruce to watch it slowly crumble and him helpless when the city burns.
A reboot. No Nolan. Ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever so slightly a chance of a JGL spin-off he said he's open to it as long as it is a great script and great filmmaker behind it.
Nolan said he'd be done with comic book films after TDKR also WB began production on MoS whilst Nolan had began TDKR.

I mean the film moved so fast, I have a question. So what exactly was explained why Bane wears the mask? All I know is he was jumped in the cell and I don't know why he needed the mask and why he can't take it off.

I mean the film moved so fast, I have a question. So what exactly was explained why Bane wears the mask? All I know is he was jumped in the cell and I don't know why he needed the mask and why he can't take it off.

There was a scene before Ra's returned for him where Bane was sitting with a bloody white bandage over the lower part of his face. The prisoners ****ed him up pretty bad.

There was a scene before Ra's returned for him where Bane was sitting with a bloody white bandage over the lower part of his face. The prisoners ****ed him up pretty bad.
Correct. They must have really gone to work on him.

Ok, but do they explain why he needs the mask? What exactly happens to his face?

Most of the answers could be found in the movie, if you pay close attention.

Originally Posted by the last son

Ok, but do they explain why he needs the mask? What exactly happens to his face?

The mask delivers a painkiller aerosol drug that Bane needs to function normally, apparently it also makes him immune to pain. ( and maybe, this is an assumption works as a steroid.)

Originally Posted by xxbluejay21

Selina represents the poor, underprivileged people of Gotham, who have to steal in order to live as there are few jobs available, that is one of the reasons why some orphans go to work with Bane in sewers.

Last edited:

They were both involved with Daggett in some form, so that could be why Selina Kyle is aware of Bane and what kind of person Bane is and why she was planning on leaving Gotham City after she fought off Bane's men with Batman.

There's no real relationship mentioned and we don't have a true confrontation between Selina or Bane, but we do know they all have some ideal goal at the beginning of TDKR with both being involved with John Daggett.

Selina has no relation with the League of Shadows; only with Daggett and Bane who was rumored to have left the League anyways so no one had any idea Bane was still with the LoS. From Daggett's point of view and Selina's, Bane only had his own men. No one knew Bane was working alongside Talia and the remnants of the League of Shadows.

Somehow she went down a bad road that led to her stealing as Bruce found out, but Selina is trying to leave Gotham with a clean slate which is why she's trying to get that item to clean her slate and name.

I don't think the term should be a "poor thief". I mean, did her see her apartment? She could have easily gained some high tech.

No answer to this. Selina's story, for the most part, is left mysterious. Both Christopher and Jonathan Nolan mentioned how they wanted Selina's story to be mysterious.

She was tired of the rich getting their way. She wanted the "storm" to come so everything will be turned upside down.

No. She was planning on leaving after she witnessed Bane break Batman and wanted to get "the hell out of Dodge".

Her name was Jen and it was a very slight nod to the character of Holly Robinson that was Catwoman's "ally" in Batman: Year One and other storylines in comics. So it's most likely that their relationship were just that, allies. It's a good thing the character of Jen was created, imo, because it would be a shame to give such a pathetic story to Holly Robinson.

Knowing Bruce and how he had everything planned out to keep Batman(the symbol) alive and giving Wayne Manor as a house for the orphanage, Bruce could have easily kept some money for him to live. I think Bruce and Selina will be just fine.

Bane's men. We saw a snippet of the GCPD getting food and items during the raid montage.

Bane wanted to bring in false hope to the citizens of Gotham City as Bane viewed how Batman gave Gotham City false hope and when the reactor is ready to act as a bomb, Bane would then finally cease that hope and destroy Gotham.

No. Christopher Nolan only planned a trilogy and the ending of TDKR showed how Blake would take on the mantle now that Bruce Wayne has retired.

Someone would not jump from one major CBM to another, so producing is fine. Plus, when it comes to action which is what a Superman film needs, Zack Snyder makes the perfect choice.

The mask gives him a steroid in a form where he can inhale that soothes his constant pain from the beat down he received by helping Talia escape the Pit. The doctor inside the Pit could do all he could to heal Bane, but he could only do so much so by the time Ra's rescued him, it was too little too late and nothing could really help him anymore except for the mask and a drug that helped keep the pain at bay.

here's my take :

- i think she was just a freelance contractor if you will, just a pawn in the grand scheme of things .... i think they just describe her as an affiliate or associate of bane's organization

-i don't think she is aware that her role /actions were part of something bigger (LOS's plans)

-i think she said she grew up in a tough section of gotham, where pretty girls could be exploited...she did not mention family, so she could be an orphan, ran away from a broken home, whatever. she had to find her own way (she was fiercely independent), and learned skills to survive on the streets as well as street smarts.

her suit could be custom made to be more stealthy, such as not trigger laser beams etc (though how she can maintain her agility with those heels is a superpower on its own !)

- it could be that she saw the same common problem w/ gotham ... corruption where the innocent are preyed upon or are vulnerable. she prob didn't see the bigger pictures of what Bane/LOS intentions were or its scale

- i think she intended to go into jail almost like an insertion .... why break in (overt) when you can blend in (covert). in CIA-speak, its like planting a mole or inserting an agent, though she just did it herself lol. i think she did this to assess the situation from within, who's controlling what and were possible holes were

-could just a young girl who needed help from the streets. selina prob took her in b/c she was reminded of herself. or could be as simple as her being the younger sister, lol

-(i forgot this scene ?)_

-master criminals feel the need to showcase and flex their power. thats why some narco-terrorist / drug kingpins gold-plate their guns or middle east oil tycoons gold plate their bugatti's.

killing the populace would have the opposite effect of what he wanted, and would've rallied the city against him ...... but by intimidating the ppl he can control w/ fear

- YES ! the batman franchise is too profitable and interesting

Bane needed the mask not because of the prisoners beating him (though it is a huge part) but Conti's character actually says it was the Doctor's efforts to fix the damage left him in permanent agony.

Ok, maybe I missed this because of not paying attention...what is Bane's connection to Talia in the prison? Was he already a member of the LoS, or was he just a regular prisoner that showed compassion to her and got beat down for it? Thanks!

Bane was in the prison already when Ra's al Ghul's pregnant wife was sent down into the Pit and when Talia's mother was beaten, raped and murdered, Bane saved Talia and helped her escape. When Talia did climb up the Pit, Bane was then beaten by a number of other prisoners.

Thanks for the answers guys! I have one more question: When Bruce breaks into the hospital and talks to Gordon, does Gordon know it's batman? He says "We were in this together. Then you were gone..." How does he know it's batman? Some guy in a mask and he assumes it's batman? I would have thought it was some thief or assassin trying to kill me.

Thanks for the answers guys! I have one more question: When Bruce breaks into the hospital and talks to Gordon, does Gordon know it's batman? He says "We were in this together. Then you were gone..." How does he know it's batman? Some guy in a mask and he assumes it's batman? I would have thought it was some thief or assassin trying to kill me.

It cuts into the middle of the scene, so we don't have to deal with the awkward "Hey, it's Batman...I know I'm wearing a ski mask but you remember that first time we met and I was wearing a ski mask? It's totally me brah." :oldrazz:

No but seriously, if Gordon wasn't 100% sure, Bruce saying "The Batman wasn't needed anymore...we won" should give him something more substantial, as that's something very personal between the two of them. Also, if it had been an assassin, Gordon wasn't really in any condition to defend himself so he'd have been pretty screwed.

Thanks! Wait did it say anywhere in the movie that Bane wanted Selina to bring him Batman? Is that why Selina brought him into the trap? I thought the only connection she had with Bane was that she made a deal with Dagget, who hired Bane. On wikipedia it says, "Bane agreed to let her live if she brought him Batman". When does that happen?

Oh and why doesn't Batman shoot at Bane with the bat when he's escaping with Selina?

Wayne lost his money because of a bunch of fraudulent trades, a cruel twist of fate given Wayne's trickery to take over Wayne enterprises in Begins, however Lucius states that long term they can prove fraud and I'm sure Wayne gets his money and control of his company back! He doesn't stay Broke after the film ends.

It cuts into the middle of the scene, so we don't have to deal with the awkward "Hey, it's Batman...I know I'm wearing a ski mask but you remember that first time we met and I was wearing a ski mask? It's totally me brah." :oldrazz:
LOL!!

"oh and by the way how do you like my expensive suit?"

Wayne lost his money because of a bunch of fraudulent trades, a cruel twist of fate given Wayne's trickery to take over Wayne enterprises in Begins, however Lucius states that long term they can prove fraud and I'm sure Wayne gets his money and control of his company back! He doesn't stay Broke after the film ends.

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Good point.

AnneFan said:
The injuries he suffered left him in great pain, and the mask decreases that.
I read somewhere also that because the doctor healing Bane was a morphine addict that he didn't do a very skilled job of fixing up Bane.

Thanks! Wait did it say anywhere in the movie that Bane wanted Selina to bring him Batman? Is that why Selina brought him into the trap? I thought the only connection she had with Bane was that she made a deal with Dagget, who hired Bane. On wikipedia it says, "Bane agreed to let her live if she brought him Batman". When does that happen?

Oh and why doesn't Batman shoot at Bane with the bat when he's escaping with Selina?

It's all off-screen. Dagget was just using Selina as he never had the clean-slate. They always were planning to kill her after she got them the fingerprints, since she'd be liable to rat on them for not giving her what she wanted. So once Bruce asks her if she can take his "powerful friend" to Bane, she realizes she might be able to use this as a bargaining chip with Bane to stop them from trying to kill her. She obviously knew Bane was the head honcho and would probably want to remove Batman from the equation if he was planning to start a revolution (which she seemed to have some idea about given the "there's a storm coming" line).

As for the second question...Batman wouldn't shoot a human target with any of his vehicles, and they all have firepower. By that logic he should've probably just blasted a hole through the Joker's chest when he was screaming "Hit me!". Would have been a lot simpler, but it's just not the Batman way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"