The Dark Knight Catwoman / Selina Kyle thread

Nolen is trying to make characters that are what comic books are based on, not the other way around. As if the Joker was a reall person at one time and later became an exaggerated comicbook villain. The same applies to two-face, Scarecrow, and ultimently Catwoman if she is indeed the next villain. So Sex appeal isn't the first we should look for when choosing actresses for the role.

I was thinking lucy liu how about you?

images

i just heard from a hollywood reporter that Angilina Jolie has confirmed to friends that she has agreed to play Catwoman after speaking to Chris Nolan.
now this reporter is pretty famous and does do radio shows. he was also the guy who reported Heath Ledger would be the joker a week before any news came out.
so he does had cred...
but in the end, i still wait till they are filming to beleive it. :)

I still think the role will end up going to one of these very good actress'.....

Natalie Portman
Angelina Jolie
Rachel Weisz (I can see her as Talia also
Kate Winslet (another Talia candidate)

Nolan will have a choice of very well respected actress and he will not settle for mediocrity when it comes to casting Selina/Catwoman IMO.

No to Sossymon (or however you spell her name)...No to Russell and the only reason I say no to Cottilard is because I have questions about how well she can do an American accent.
Portman is too small and too much of a girly girl. She's pretty but not exactly sexy.

Portman is sexy (Those above pics prove that.).....but can she play dangerously sexy? I don't know.

She looks sexy, but still has a youthful face. Doesn't really go along with Bale's mature features.

She's hot but not right for to play Selina Kyle. Besides I've always thought of Selina having pale eyes and you know who whould be another great choice to play her. Ellen Pompeo from grey's anatomy.

She's hot but not right for to play Selina Kyle. Besides I've always thought of Selina having pale eyes and you know who whould be another great choice to play her. Ellen Pompeo from grey's anatomy.
I always thought Ellen would make an ideal Invisible Woman/Sue Storm-Richards actually.

Do you think anyone would actually notice her barely there role in Daredevil as Karen Page?

I think she would be good for both IW and CW which might be a problem. I also remember her small roles in Daredevil. I thought I was the only one to notice!lol

I think she would be good for both IW and CW which might be a problem. I also remember her small roles in Daredevil. I thought I was the only one to notice!lol
I remember seeing the promos for Grey's Anatomy and kept thinking "There is something so familiar about that woman..." and then of course IMDB cleared up the rest.

Pompeo reminds me so much of the BTAS Poison Ivy. Catwoman, not so much

Why not. Cat Woman has been Black, white, why not Asian?

Because Catwoman is no, nor has she ever been Asian.
She also has never been black until the 60's show, then Berry's POS movie. Never in the comics.

Selina is white.

So. Whats this big deal... the race of characters change all the time form books to film, from comic to movie. I think she would be perfect! I get tired of people getting stuck on the small stuff when the big picture is more important.

So. Whats this big deal... the race of characters change all the time form books to film, from comic to movie. I think she would be perfect! I get tired of people getting stuck on the small stuff when the big picture is more important.

It's a big deal to fans of an iconic character if you change something as major as race -- that's not "small stuff" it's part of what defines them. Catwoman is WHITE. She just is. You wouldn't cast Will Smith as Batman or Chow Yun-Fat as Superman.

And before you start blathering on about Eartha Kitt or Halle Berry (who wasn't even supposed to be Selina Kyle) remember they were among the worst Catwomen ever interpreted.

Having an Asian actress as Selina is one thing, but having an Asian actress as mediocre as Lucy Liu is quite another.

It's a big deal to fans of an iconic character if you change something as major as race -- that's not "small stuff" it's part of what defines them. Catwoman is WHITE. She just is. You wouldn't cast Will Smith as Batman or Chow Yun-Fat as Superman.

And before you start blathering on about Eartha Kitt or Halle Berry (who wasn't even supposed to be Selina Kyle) remember they were among the worst Catwomen ever interpreted.

Will Smith would not make a good batman, but I could see him playing The Flash and I for one think that Hally Berry did an alright job as catwoman, it was the direction and the writing that sucked; not her acting.

Because Catwoman is no, nor has she ever been Asian.
She also has never been black until the 60's show, then Berry's POS movie. Never in the comics.

Selina is white.
Exactly.

DieSmiling said:

Double Exactly.

Comic books ever since they have been around, have changed things.
sometimes entire backgrounds have been altered. If a Black Catwoman
or an Asian Catwoman ever found its way to the pages of a comic book
we would not be having the conversation. You most likely would expect it.
but since its a "movie" you get all flustered at the very thought. It just strikes me
as odd.

Comic books ever since they have been around, have changed things. sometimes entire backgrounds have been altered. If a Black Catwoman or an Asian Catwoman ever found its way to the pages of a comic book we would not be having the conversation. You most likely would expect it. but since its a "movie" you get all flustered at the very thought. It just strikes me as odd.

Yes, we would. She's white, leave it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"