A Question on Skrul

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Watching Captain Marvel for the second time, and I’ve been reading up on the Skrulls.

Most of what I seen to interpret of them implies them to be antagonistic and villainous, and yet in the MCU they’re portrayed more as refugees just trying to survive, rather than declaring secret wars within the governments of Earth.

Does this mean Disney/Marvel have decided to change the Skrulls in the MCU, similar to how they’ve changed the likes of Quills father, the characters involved in Civil War, the origin of the twins etc, or are we going to see the Skrulls turn out to be nasty and devious (thus undoing their development thus far).

Terrans are good and bad. Asgardians were shown as mostly good with some breaking bad. If you count the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. then the Kree are mostly bad with some good.

Assuming the main group of Skrulls with Nick Fury and Captain Marvel are good that does not stop another faction from emerging for future stories.

Last edited:
Assuming the main group of Skrulls with Nick Fury and Captain Marvel are good that does not stop another faction from emerging for future stories.
Whilst what you say is true, Talos was nothing but a villain in the comics, whereas in Captain Marvel he’s more a survivor, and later even one of the good guys aside from some maybe possible bad antics on his quest for survival - but that can be put down to what he was doing to protect his people, which isn’t remotely the same as his comic counterpart.

Whilst what you say is true, Talos was nothing but a villain in the comics, whereas in Captain Marvel he’s more a survivor, and later even one of the good guys aside from some maybe possible bad antics on his quest for survival - but that can be put down to what he was doing to protect his people, which isn’t remotely the same as his comic counterpart.

Lots of characters are different from the comics. It doesn't mean their entire species will be totally changed throughout the MCU. It just means that one character needed to be different for the specific story they were taking part in to work.

Personally I think it would be fantastic if the Skrulls were still a big antagonistic threat but the MCU also reflects how leaders/government doesn't always represent the feelings and wishes of the masses, or alternatively that a large group can have dissenters.

They could also, if they are willing to put up with the slings and arrows of social media, show how you can make an "enemy". That a group can have legitimate grievances but that the pain from those wrongs can be easily twisted by those with other motivations.

Any of those options would bring a refreshing amount of real world nuance into the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"