Opinion on the Hulk's use in the MCU

i think some Hulk fans want the same Hulk that is in the comics ., they dont want him just growling and screaming... they want to hear that Hulk speaking on the same term as the classic Hulk comics
" Hulk smash" ..... " Hulk hates puny Banner " .... " Fire no hurt Hulk " .....Hulk no breath "
" Puny little man hurt Hulk "
."..Hulk get more mad, Hulk get more strong "

Hulkmania wanted to see the angry child mind and dialogue that Hulk was portrayed to have
in the comics and 90's FF4 series.

That limited dialogue helped understand how the Hulk thinks and why he behaves as such.
the 2 Hulk films took that away and focused more on the origin and story of Dr. Bruce Banner
instead of focus and understanding of BOTH Banner and Hulk.

What killed Hulk character more so was Intellect Hulk per End game... Hulk's body/Banner's brain and then they made it comical.

I think the problem with Hulk is that all the important stuff happened offscreen. Would've been interesting if Bruce had an actual connection or conversation with Hulk. Hulk's been with him the entire time before the gamma test. He's also been there since Bruce was a kid to "protect" his mind.

Where the **** is my boy Rick Jones? Watching the Hulk show from the 90s and it’s so good. So many great characters we haven’t seen in the MCU.

Where the **** is my boy Rick Jones? Watching the Hulk show from the 90s and it’s so good. So many great characters we haven’t seen in the MCU.

Stranded by the decision to avoid telling an actual Hulk origin story for the MCU. He shows up in the credits for Incredible Hulk.

Though Rick Jones was always probably doomed, seeing as his whole premise in the broader scheme of things is "all purpose kid sidekick and superhero fan", which doesn't *really* work when you are just introducing superheroes to the larger world. He was a character whose niche wouldn't actually exist for a long time.

They should´ve kept Norton in the role. The tragic depiction of Banner in TIH partially came from Norton´s hand. Also it would´ve been more consistency. Even if Marvel considers TIH as canon(What if is a good example), is a shame that Marvel didn´t complete a Hulk trilogy and ignores TIH. More if we take in consideration his love interest as well. I guess that Hulk properties will be used in Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts, young Avengers and West coast Avengers(well I guess that She Hulk isn´t a member of this group but it might be in MCU.).

I assume the Hulk will be relegated to the Disney+ side of the MCU for now.
That may not be a bad thing though, it will keep the Hulk relevant & exposed in the MCU until something bigger comes along to slip him in.

Speaking of Disney+, what I would do for an adaptation of Immortal Hulk.

How many Hulk personas show up in the book? Gray, Savage, Green Scar and Devil?

I think Hulk is done in the movies personally and it’s a crying shame as he was only utilised well in Avengers 1 and Ragnarok.

They should´ve kept Norton in the role. The tragic depiction of Banner in TIH partially came from Norton´s hand. Also it would´ve been more consistency. Even if Marvel considers TIH as canon(What if is a good example), is a shame that Marvel didn´t complete a Hulk trilogy and ignores TIH. More if we take in consideration his love interest as well. I guess that Hulk properties will be used in Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts, young Avengers and West coast Avengers(well I guess that She Hulk isn´t a member of this group but it might be in MCU.).
Norton or Avengers 1 Ruffalo for me. Since then he's become an annoying comedy character as Banner.

8gl1ve.gif

After Batman v Superman
Cap v Iron-Man
Godzilla v Kong
My next favorite rivalry was Hulk v Wolverine.
I get why most are peeing themselves over Wolverine v Deadpool, should be fun.
Yet honesty would have preferred the more classic Hulk vs Wolverine rivalry and movie, to the more campy tongue-in-cheek (and meaningless one note joke to me) DP vs Wolverine.
Yet the Hulk has lost all his menace, intensity and presence in the MCU, I get why it wasn't even a consideration or on anyones radar anymore.

Last edited:
It's time for Hulk to go savage again. You don't even need Ruffalo to do the mo-cap. Anyone could do it.

I'd save money and not bother bringing Ruffalo back now. Just have the Savage Hulk continue indefinitely, no Banner, and that Wolverine fight needs to happen. Ideally to debut the MCU Wolverine.

Hulk needs his balls back, post-Thanos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"