A Thread For Those Who Have an Optimistic Viewpoint

Jennifer Walters

Attorney at Law
Reaction score
If you actually think the movie is still gonna be good post here....it seems we're outnumbered by ranting loonies who are either A) upset over Cyclops B) upset over the runtime.

I still think the movie will kick ass. At first I was sad that Phoenix isnt all-powerful.... until earlier I found out how many people she kills... :D

I am still excited to see the movie and feel that I will be satisfied with the movie overall. Sure maybe I'll gripe about a thing or two, but I think the total package will keep me happy.

Oh, you only "have a brain" if you blindly accept whatever FOX is doing and aren't bothered by the way they've butchered the Dark Phoenix Saga and made a movie that is yet ANOTHER Wolverine fest?

As long as they kill Cyclops, Xavier, and Jean tastefully the movie will still rock.

I'd change the title of this thread as it is a direct insult to Cyclops fans in particular.

sup. though I'm still pissed over the run time.

hiya kurosawa, still trying to make pope?:)

as long as this movie is really bad ill be happy! :up:

I hate x-men! i have a brain!

Kurosawa, you are no different after this, you've bad mouthed this movie from day one....before it was even pretty much a certainty that Cyclops was dead.

You people seem to forget these are the movies....not the comics...sure these movies are being adapt from there...but why can't you guys just see this as an Ultimate Universe or side universe? Geez. Cause that's really what it is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still seeing this at midnight with my friends, but the movie clearly has a lot of flaws.

It's not just about Cyclops anymore, the film sounds rushed and a lot of potentially great characters for future X-Men movies are offed without a second thought.

I made all my points in another thread...I don't feel like reposting:o

JustABill said:
If you actually think the movie is still gonna be good post here....it seems we're outnumbered by ranting loonies who are either A) upset over Cyclops B) upset over the runtime.
It only seems that way because the outspoken ones are the people who are disappointed in what happens in X3. I'm still looking forward to it a lot and can't wait to see it, I think it'll be the best of the series but that's only my opinion. Then again, my favorite character isn't getting killed so I can't really speak for anyone else..

JustABill said:
but why can't you guys just see this as an Ultimate Universe or side universe? Geez. Cause that's really what it is.

Well this Universe sucks then, and doesn't deserve to be told as a story.

lmfao omg this is so funny . first off as for the length in the traditional trilogies the first act is intro the second is plot and character development and the third is climax. and the second is usually longest and the third is usually shortest. but x3 is longer then x1 by 2 minutes so hey there u go the climax is longer then the intro. but this isnt my point my point is this movie doesnt need the 25 extra minutes that x2 had because all x3 has to do is finish everything up in a climatic matter. and trust me it will do that. also in the third act people r gona die . sorry folks but its happening. and think about it cyclops wasnt really in x1 or x2 but he still made a big impact so who expected him to play a big part in x3? i know i didnt in fact i think killing him off will be good because once again hes not gona be a big part but this way his death actually means something and cyclops will have an imparitive part in jeans story even if hes killed early on.

x3 will be great trust me. remember return of the king was the least plot driven and was essentialy one big climax and it ruled =D

ignoring kurosawas post, i believe this movie will kick serious ass!!

Toad? Sabretooth? Anyone?

The Batman/Spider-Man films have done that many many times before I don't see them getting scrutinized. I mean Penguin? Joker? Doc Ock? Norman Osborn? More than likely Sandman and Venom?

Yeah. :o

Oh yes, it sucks just cause there's death and drama everywhere and Cyclops is the first victim. :rolleyes:

I guess AoA sucks as well then because he dies there. Once again it's all right back to the ruby quartz visor.

JustABill said:
Toad? Sabretooth? Anyone?

The Batman/Spider-Man films have done that many many times before I don't see them getting scrutinized. I mean Penguin? Joker? Doc Ock? Norman Osborn? More than likely Sandman and Venom?

Yeah. :o

Sabretooth and Toad were "Dealt with", never confirmed dead. Both could easily come back.

Meanwhile we have countless being turned to ashes in this film.

I've had my share of complaints with those other films too, espeically Doc Ock.

everyone is saying that there doin to much wit death and all that but wud u rather have a conclusion to this story arc where no blood was shed and everyone lived and it was a happy ending or wud u like a huge blood fest for the x-fil conclusion:D

well i think this movie is going to be great, but i am just do disappointed in Rogue's decision and Cyke being on the chopping block(eh got Survivor in the head) but i still think this movie will be very good! just not what i expected..but i won't fully judge still i see it!

Action wise, this film will be the best of the series. But that's not what concerns me. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing what Ratner has done with this universe.

I'm bummed but I'm amped for the film regardless.

I still have hopes the movie will be good!:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"