For those who actually want to DISCUSS this movie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
Yea, I know, I've been silent for a few days, but I've been lurking.

I see a lot of complaining from LastSunrise and others about the X3 lovers posting in that "for those who didn't like it" thread.

Along with a few other comments he's made, it just goes to show that he, and many (not all) of the X3 haters do NOT want discussion of views about the film, or views that do no agree with their own, they want constant bashing of the film, 24/7, with nobody coming in to express a positive view.

So I say, fine, let them have it.

To the people who actually want to DISCUSS this film; that means express what you liked about it, and what you didn't like about it, in a place where you will be questioned, debated, and disagreed with, then I say LEAVE THAT THREAD, and we can post here.

Let LastSunrise, Thewheepeople, ntcrawler, let them have their thread where there will be no positive viewpoints.

For the people who actually have views to present, danoyse, loganbabe, LadyVader, gambitfire, X-Maniac, post them here.

We (the X3 lovers) will stay out of their thread. We won't post there anymore. They want to use their thread title to justify silencing an opinion they don't agree with. Well then, they can deal with the same things they are putting down on us. I don't want to see LastSunrise, thewheepeople, or anyone else who can't handle debate over the movie, to post in here.

What I do want is intelligent discussion, from the people who I know have it in them.

This forum is the only place I have to discuss X-Men, and I don't want to lose that just because a couple people who hate the film, who want to impose their hatred on everyone else, are trying to force away any opposing viewpoints.

So, do you like the film? Then talk about it here. Do you dislike the film? Talk about it here. Discuss, debate, let LastSunrise has his thread where he can talk until the end of time about how bad X3 sucks and how Loganbabe doesn't know anything because she's in love with Wolverine.

All I ask is that everyone realize that if you enter this thread, there is to be discussion. It is not to be taken PERSONAL because someone disagrees with your opinion, or offers up a point to counter-argue a point you made. It is meant for discussion, and that means both ways.

While I'm no mod, and there are numerous discussion threads all over the place, and I have no way to keep it open, I ask that it do remain open. LastSunrise, thewheepeople, ntcrawler, they want to have their thread all to themselves where nobody who enjoys the film is allowed to enter and debate. LastSunrise has said himself he only appreciates opinions of other people who dislike the film.

I enjoy the debate. I enjoy talking X-Men. I know that there are many people around here who enjoy talking X-Men as much as I do, and have just as important of points to offer as I do. I don't want that taken away just because a couple people want to silence a particular viewpoint.

So I say to you, let them have it. For the X3 lovers, don't post there anymore. Post here. This can be our thread!

And for the X3 haters, who want to discuss the movie civilly, and debate with people who enjoyed the film, please, engage us in conversation and let us know what you didn't like about the film, and why.

Civil debate CAN win around here. We just have to try for it.

it wasnt my favorite movie,it was actually my least favorite of the 3 but i didnt think it was horrible,yeah they screwed up some characters i really liked but i thought it was pretty ok,i liked beast alot and other things i will talk about later

I knew Nell would be back when he said he was leaving. No one stays gone for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"