Age of Ultron Aaron Johnson is Quicksilver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want the incest element either, but...

Possible incest is huge element in those Cassandra Clare books and they are making those into movies so the idea must not be too taboo anymore...

As for his dark hair...
AaronJohnson_zps8b320413.jpg

Obviously, it would need to be whiter but I think you get the idea and I think it could work.

I mean a few years ago, most of us were like...why would you hire a blond to play Loki? And look how well that turned out.

Also ONLY GOD FORGIVES starring Mark Ruffalo directed by Nicholas Winding Refn.

I think Ultimates was the only time they were said to be like that anyway. Hopefully they never go that route.

Some of these pics make him look, with styling, hair and stache like a Doctor Who villain from the late 70's. Though I am sure he won't look that way once the hair and makeup people get through with him.

:huh: There are so many red flags that should have gone up, before this made it to the internet.

No, the red flags should have gone up before the incest story made it into the comic books. The instant it was proposed someone with common sense, not to mention common decency, should have shot it down. Then there would be no issue and no fans saying, "Incest is in and it's hot, hurr hurr!"

I haven't heard anyone saying incest should be in it or that it's hot.

I think BMM might want to reread my original comment. I wasn't saying it should be in it, only that fox are sick enough to want to put it in

I like Aaron, but if he ends getting the role, I see Josh and Marvel are going for the cute/handsome boy route.

And that isnt exactly how Pietro should be, but anyway, I guess they want to appeal to even more young females with this new character.

Yeah, Aaron's hot and so is quicksilver but I don't think he's going to sit around and pout all day

Also, women like the avengers for lots of reasons. And his name is Joss not Josh. I hope you're trolling

I don't want the incest element either, but...

Possible incest is huge element in those Cassandra Clare books and they are making those into movies so the idea must not be too taboo anymore...

As for his dark hair...
AaronJohnson_zps8b320413.jpg

Obviously, it would need to be whiter but I think you get the idea and I think it could work.

I mean a few years ago, most of us were like...why would you hire a blond to play Loki? And look how well that turned out.

Also ONLY GOD FORGIVES starring Mark Ruffalo directed by Nicholas Winding Refn.

I think Ultimates was the only time they were said to be like that anyway. Hopefully they never go that route.

idk so much about "not taboo" but perhaps taboo in a PG13 film will be something that is interesting to audiences.

If anything I think Pietro and Wanda will be very close. And Pietro might become jealous with the inevitable Wanda/Vision relationship. It'll be very ambiguous but it could be inferred that their relationship was more than brother/sisterly. I doubt they will go further than that.

idk so much about "not taboo" but perhaps taboo in a PG13 film will be something that is interesting to audiences.

If anything I think Pietro and Wanda will be very close. And Pietro might become jealous with the inevitable Wanda/Vision relationship. It'll be very ambiguous but it could be inferred that their relationship was more than brother/sisterly. I doubt they will go further than that.

I have no idea where you live, but I hardly think that having incestuous or ambiguously incestuous heroes in a PG-13 comic book movie will be interesting to audiences in North America, or anywhere else for that matter. Can you name a single mainstream blockbuster that intentionally used incest as a plot point? Why aren't there any? Because most people aren't deviants. The sick and twisted are a minuscule demographic, which explains why their entertainment needs are so tragically under-served by Hollywood. :dry:

There were incestuous relationships/tones in The Crow and Hellboy 2, but I'm not sure how mainstream people would consider those films. Hellboy 2 was also PG-13.

I have no idea where you live, but I hardly think that having incestuous or ambiguously incestuous heroes in a PG-13 comic book movie will be interesting to audiences in North America, or anywhere else for that matter. Can you name a single mainstream blockbuster that intentionally used incest as a plot point? Why aren't there any? Because most people aren't deviants. The sick and twisted are a minuscule demographic, which explains why their entertainment needs are so tragically under-served by Hollywood. :dry:

didn't Cruel Intentions touch upon something like that? people, generally, wouldn't self-identify as deviant. but i bet you know people that watched the two girls one cup video after hearing about how nasty it was. depravity exists because of human beings. and i think you're underestimating just how much of entertainment is aimed directly at the "deviant." keep it in mind the next time you see an @##-shot in a movie. to some, that's really sick.

Last edited:
Step siblings. Doesn't count. :o

meh. the Lannisters did it, the Targaryans did it, there is no reason why the house of Maximoff should be any different :p

Jesus. Disagree with me if you want. But if you want me to start naming PG-13 films with taboo content I would be happy to. And no. I can't name a single mainstream PG13 blockbuster that used incest as a plot point. Nor am I saying that Avengers 2 should use incest as a plot point.

I'm saying that it's an interesting dynamic to drop subtle hints toward BECAUSE it's never been used in a mainstream blockbuster. The comics included it (quite subtly) without even a parental advisory. Just because it's taboo and by yours and my decree "sick and twisted" doesn't mean it doesn't exist in the world.

No one is saying they should advocate inbreeding. Merchandise for Avengers 2 shouldn't include anatomically correct Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch dolls with removable clothing. Nor should they sell two packs of life-size blow up sex dolls. Just like they don't advocate sex with Tony/Pepper. At least, if they did, I must have missed it.

But if it makes for intriguing cinema just like (as some other posters so fairly put) the ever popular Game of Thrones, or Dexter, or the very popular, very taboo, and quite mainstream Stieg Larsson movies. Granted, they are all very graphic but all rated R (or the equivalent). But Hollywood has been known to push the envelope. And you are being naive if you think this topic in PG13 films won't happen someday.

They thought the same about gay and lesbian content in PG13 cinema 10-15 years ago. And then Paranorman came out last year.

Jesus. Disagree with me if you want. But if you want me to start naming PG-13 films with taboo content I would be happy to. And no. I can't name a single mainstream PG13 blockbuster that used incest as a plot point. Nor am I saying that Avengers 2 should use incest as a plot point.

I'm saying that it's an interesting dynamic to drop subtle hints toward BECAUSE it's never been used in a mainstream blockbuster. The comics included it (quite subtly) without even a parental advisory. Just because it's taboo and by yours and my decree "sick and twisted" doesn't mean it doesn't exist in the world.

No one is saying they should advocate inbreeding. Merchandise for Avengers 2 shouldn't include anatomically correct Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch dolls with removable clothing. Nor should they sell two packs of life-size blow up sex dolls. Just like they don't advocate sex with Tony/Pepper. At least, if they did, I must have missed it.

But if it makes for intriguing cinema just like (as some other posters so fairly put) the ever popular Game of Thrones, or Dexter, or the very popular, very taboo, and quite mainstream Stieg Larsson movies. Granted, they are all very graphic but all rated R (or the equivalent). But Hollywood has been known to push the envelope. And you are being naive if you think this topic in PG13 films won't happen someday.

They thought the same about gay and lesbian content in PG13 cinema 10-15 years ago. And then Paranorman came out last year.

I didn't have an interest to see Paranorman but after reading up on it after the bolded part intrigued me I think that it's very cool they did that. Seems to me a great way for children to understand that no two people are the same and that everyone should be respected in their sexual preferences. Great to see something like that in a PG movie, also gives a chance for parents to explain to their kids about what they just saw (hopefully they explain it positively and aren't bashing homosexuality)

Sure twincest is interesting...just like cannibilism, but you don't see movie-Hulk snacking on Cap's arm so you?

And can we not equate homosexuality with incest, please?

The comics included it (quite subtly) without even a parental advisory.
Until Loeb came along...

Sure twincest is interesting...just like cannibilism, but you don't see movie-Hulk snacking on Cap's arm so you?

I don't think he was trying to say they're equal, just something that maybe was looked differently upon and has been added into a small part of a movie, similar to how "incesty" stuff is seen in other things like Dexter, and GoT. For the record I don't want anything with incest stuff in these movies.

But to your other point, cannibalism is a hit these days! the Hannibal tv show is the bomb! :D

Until Loeb came along...

I don't think he was trying to say they're equal, just something that maybe was looked differently upon and has been added into a small part of a movie, similar to how "incesty" stuff is seen in other things like Dexter, and GoT. For the record I don't want anything with incest stuff in these movies.

But to your other point, cannibalism is a hit these days! the Hannibal tv show is the bomb! :D

Thank you mkilban. No i was not equating them. I was saying that what is regarded as reasonable cinematic viewing changes over time.

You're right it might be more apt to equate cannibalism and incest. Considering they are of a similar caliber of taboo in modern society. In fact, would you rather your neighbor kill and eat humans or be intimate with their sibling? Food for thought.

Besides we all love zombie fiction. And many of us love Hannibal-esque fiction. Myself not included. But just because the concept of cannibalism makes me queasy, doesn't mean I think it should be left out of Hollywood in general. Marvel Zombies on screen would rock my socks.

And my point is that incest hasn't been used in a mainstream blockbuster for a very good reason. It would repulse the vast majority of the audience, not to mention cause the sort of controversy that does nothing to help a film at the box office. This is an appropriate topic for GoT-type shows or art house films like Only God Forgives*, but it should be completely out of bounds for The Avengers.

In the mainstream 616 universe, incest was never part of Wanda & Pietro's relationship. As with the serial killer cannibal Hulk of the Ultimate comics, Whedon will doubtless steer clear of something that would make the characters pariahs. Feige probably wouldn't allow it anyway, and Disney would have a fit if they tried it. The studio needs these characters to be popular and interesting in a positive way for the sake of the franchise. There is also the appeal to children to consider. Whedon is adding Wanda specifically to increase the female presence in the films. She wouldn't be a very positive figure with the taint of a vile sexual relationship with her own brother clinging to her. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver toys won't be flying off the shelves, that's for sure.

*Only God Forgives was booed by critics at Cannes and some of them reportedly walked out of the screening in disgust. Whether they were angered by the incestuous overtones, the graphic violence or the fact that it's not very good is unclear.

The fact that you guys are still discussing incest kinda bums me out... :o

Sawyer is right. It shouldn't even be discussed. Whedon's not gonna use that, nor is it even gonna be hinted towards like proxy for some reason feverishly wants in Avengers 2. It's a stupid plot point that will not be in a PG-13 movie, let alone a Marvel movie. It was terrible in comics, and it's not gonna be any better in the movie. Nothing to see. Nothing to discuss.

Now that the great incest jamboree of 2013 has been officially disbanded (Those were some cray cray closing ceremonies) by our two MC's SAWYER AND PW I have a question that is not based on KINJITE (come on late career CHARLES BRONSON fans). Other than trawling the depths of MILLAR/LOEB land for totally off characterizations, is there some kind of curveball you think Joss is going to throw at us with this version of Pietro? Something that might be obvious in hindsight but seem out of left field (THE MUTANT FIELD!!) for the twins a first glance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"