Age of Ultron Aaron Johnson is Quicksilver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Action sequence might take place at his house.

I doubt they're going to waste Quicksilver's abilities in such an enclosed area for one sequence. Maybe the fight spills out into the entire neighborhood as well. Guess we'll have to see.

Last edited:
Reminds me of how Stark pretty much forced Mandarin to attack him. Hell, he even gave him his address. :oldrazz:

Keep in mind this has a chance of being in the 70's(notice the style of the house)... the mutant problem wasn't as bad then so persecution isn't as feared. Also, no one would immediately know they're mutants by their last names unless they had built up a reputation.

And this pic implies that where will be more to Quicksilver's role in DOFP than one action sequence like some people here readily believed. :word:
as from as we know, the scene that takes place at the house could just be a flash back of a young Erik walking out on his pregnant girlfriend 20 years ago

Last edited:
as from as we know, the scene that takes place at the house could just be a flash back of a young Erik walking out on his pregnant girlfriend 20 years ago

Yeah it could be. But we don't know if there will be a girlfriend involved yet. I think the girlfriend involvement would make the most sense.

Last edited:
A picture posted on Twitter? WATCH AS I JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS!!!

Reminds me of how Stark pretty much forced Mandarin to attack him. Hell, he even gave him his address. :oldrazz:

Keep in mind this has a chance of being in the 70's(notice the style of the house)... the mutant problem wasn't as bad then so persecution isn't as feared. Also, no one would immediately know they're mutants by their last names unless they had built up a reputation.

And this pic implies that where will be more to Quicksilver's role in DOFP than one action sequence like some people here readily believed. :word:

People point out that Tony gave out his address in IM3, but Mandarin and anyone else who wanted to know where he lived doubtless already did. He's the type to be on every "entertainment" tabloid show, with photos of the house in magazines and even on Google Maps. Besides, Killian/Mandarin would have to be pretty stupid if he couldn't track Tony down there or at that skyscraper with the giant "A" on it that was ground zero for an alien invasion. The challenge was just a trigger for the mansion attack.

As for the Maximoff house, it just strikes me as strange that the notoriously prickly and standoffish Quicksilver would have his name on a mailbox like that, no matter the time frame. He has always been suspicious of others to the point of paranoia, so that is out of character. Not that Singer's X-films have ever been overly concerned with portraying characters as they were in the comics.

Also, in the comics the Sentinels were out and about and snatching up mutants in the 1960s. There were anti-mutant protests back then, too. One would imagine that after Shaw and his mutant cronies almost nuked the world to a cinder in 1962 world would have leaked out about the "mutant menace" and engendered fear in the general public. The DOFP story is about how Sentinels eventually exterminated most mutants and turned on their human masters, so they should be lurking around somewhere unless Fox turned them into giant ****-clouds like Galactus.

Interesting...I'm guessing it's a scene of Quicksilver's mutant powers emerging and/or Magneto recruiting him for his Brotherhood. He may be in for more than a single scene, but I still think it's unlikely he'll get much more of a role than Pyro did in X2.

People point out that Tony gave out his address in IM3, but Mandarin and anyone else who wanted to know where he lived doubtless already did. He's the type to be on every "entertainment" tabloid show, with photos of the house in magazines and even on Google Maps. Besides, Killian/Mandarin would have to be pretty stupid if he couldn't track Tony down there or at that skyscraper with the giant "A" on it that was ground zero for an alien invasion. The challenge was just a trigger for the mansion attack.

As for the Maximoff house, it just strikes me as strange that the notoriously prickly and standoffish Quicksilver would have his name on a mailbox like that, no matter the time frame.

that's assuming that it's his house; as opposed to his adoptive parents.

As for the Maximoff house, it just strikes me as strange that the notoriously prickly and standoffish Quicksilver would have his name on a mailbox like that, no matter the time frame. He has always been suspicious of others to the point of paranoia, so that is out of character. Not that Singer's X-films have ever been overly concerned with portraying characters as they were in the comics.

Also, in the comics the Sentinels were out and about and snatching up mutants in the 1960s. There were anti-mutant protests back then, too. One would imagine that after Shaw and his mutant cronies almost nuked the world to a cinder in 1962 world would have leaked out about the "mutant menace" and engendered fear in the general public. The DOFP story is about how Sentinels eventually exterminated most mutants and turned on their human masters, so they should be lurking around somewhere unless Fox turned them into giant ****-clouds like Galactus.

All of that is fine, but what I'm saying is that it's no different than how everyone already knew where Stark lived. And Tony was egging Mandarin to attack him. It's not like this house has fireworks bursting up from the roof that say, "I'M A MUTANT! ATTACK HERE!". This is just a mailbox with his last name on it, and like I said, we don't now if he's built up a reputation that people will immediately know who he is by the last name. And no one seemingly knows how to track and pinpoint mutant locations except for Charles using Cerebro yet.

I don't have anything to say for your personal reasoning why you don't like the Maximoff name on the mailbox, other than you should never expect the movies to be exactly like the comics. Especially in the Fox universe. But you pointed that out. Some things about Downey's Stark was out of character in the beginning. But I'm not going to turn this into that kind of thing. But if you're not content with the character, then okay, I won't argue that.

And yes, once again, the Sentinels were not around in the 60's(we got proof of this with First Class). I'm aware what the DOFP story is about, however you should expect changes to be made as I've already mentioned. I don't expect full-blown sentinels to appear in the 70's, but they very well could. Just speculation for now.

Last edited:
I came to this thread because I've never seen anything this kid was in so I wanted to see the general reaction and whether or not people thought he would be good for the role.

Instead, all I got from basically all of this thread was

35oso8.jpg

Seriously, same story here. I'm starting to think they're only pretending to joke around. Well, I guess the good news is this movie won't be spoiled for us, right?

*bails*

The Sentinels were around in the 60s in the comics. Personally, I doubt that the authentic, giant robotic Sentinels will ever appear in a Fox film. Creating them would be expensive and would require far better CGI and practical effects than the studio will pay for. They've got a Trask in the movie so will probably make him some lame Master Mold knock-off rather than the creator of an entire horde of robotic hunters.

The Sentinels were around in the 60s in the comics. Personally, I doubt that the authentic, giant robotic Sentinels will ever appear in a Fox film. Creating them would be expensive and would require far better CGI and practical effects than the studio will pay for. They've got a Trask in the movie so will probably make him some lame Master Mold knock-off rather than the creator of an entire horde of robotic hunters.

I understand the Sentinels were around in the 60's in the comics. I've already covered that in my previous post.

Oh I definitely doubt that they won't appear in DOFP. I think we will have huge Sentinels with the mutants fighting them in a future setting.

Fox can handle expensive, it's not like they're some hokey studio. I don't even understand how you can think that Fox wouldn't be willing to pay for great CGI and practical effects when they've done so in many of their movies already. I mean, did you even see Prometheus, Life of Pi, Rise of the Planet of the Apes? The X-movies? Nothing should have led you to this conclusion, other than your own individual and pessimistic perspective of the studio.

Last edited:

This is what the Sentinels where supoise to look like in X3.
X3_SENTINEL-CONCEPT-ART_001.jpg

That's an awful design.

With regards to the mailbox. I find the Maximoff's living in an apparently suburban home to be odd. Admittedly we don't know the context. It could be a alternate reality flash forward for all we know.

Unless Pietro has some big dramatic "non super powered" scene with Erik in DOFP, I really could care less about what Singer is going to do with QS.

That's an awful design.

With regards to the mailbox. I find the Maximoff's living in an apparently suburban home to be odd. Admittedly we don't know the context. It could be a alternate reality flash forward for all we know.

more odd than Alex being found in a minimum security prison (i think it was a prison)?

I just saw Johnson in some SDCC coverage. During a lightning round of questions, he was asked "Who is your favorite Avenger?" and he got pretty evasive. :awesome:

He might have just been trying to not make a fool of himself though. Not everyone is obsessed with comics like we are and he probably didn't want to say something like "hulk-man:yay:"

There was also another interview in which he was directly asked about Quicksilver. He said he couldn't talk about it, but then went on to say he had been reading up on Quicksilver and that his wife had just bought him some vintage comics featuring Quicksilver. Sounds like he's in it to me.

The Maximoff house could be somewhere else in the timeline, so that's no big deal. Pietro could live with his mom (Mystique maybe). I'm looking forward to this action scene that Singer has planned. Johnson as QS would be perfectly acceptable to me, he is a really good actor.

For some of you here that don't realize it this is a thread for the Avengers version of Quicksilver and not the Dofp version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"