ABC's Joel Siegel

Nibune

Civilian
Reaction score
Film critic Joel Seigel tells people to save their money this weekend and no see X3, he makes points of it being all action and no story, no heart, and if u didnt see the first 2, you have no clue what youre seeing in x3

Sounds like the type of movie most people want to go see at the weekend after a week of crap at work ;)

This no story, no heart bull**** gets on my nerves. There was a story and there was heart. More heart than X1 and X2 combined if you ask me.

JustABill said:
This no story, no heart bull**** gets on my nerves. There was a story and there was heart. More heart than X1 and X2 combined if you ask me.
In your opinion. In my opinion, i agree with this Joel fella.

JustABill said:

Again with Movies not everyone will agree with you & just because YOU think it does NOT make it fact once so ever. That is just YOUR OPINION. It is as simple as that. You need to stop bashing & flaming People that may not agree with you. I am sick of tired of you doing what you are doing this bull**** is getting on my nerves

JustABill said:
I almost cried like 3 times during the movie :O But I still like X2 much more.

o_O. I'm not flaming anyone newbie woobie. So yeah. There the first time I actually ''flamed" someone....whatever the hell that means.

I wasn't aware I was a chef at Burger King who was charbroiling people or something. :rolleyes:

I still like X2 more myself, Slim. But there was a story and heart...and well damn it, most people seem to be blind of that and it pisses me the frick off.

Yeah, I agree...

There was definitely heart and story, but it probably wasn't the kind of heart and story that was wanted..

-TNC

Nibune said:
Film critic Joel Seigel tells people to save their money this weekend and no see X3, he makes points of it being all action and no story, no heart, and if u didnt see the first 2, you have no clue what youre seeing in x3

BINGO

Death those not make heart. It has to mean something, and you can't bring the character back at the end of the film. (Jean was different, since we knew the Pheonix thing)

JustABill said:

yeah im sorry, there was a plot yes, which i thought was good but was not done properly, too many plotholes and sutff like that. the only heart the movie provided was with cyclops and jean.. and then they cruelly removed cyclops from the screen and stomped on that heart and squashed it. was the kid running to great storm hello supposed to give me a warm feeling? because im pretty sure the kid just felt her up.

BigMac said:
BINGO

Death those not make heart. It has to mean something, and you can't bring the character back at the end of the film. (Jean was different, since we knew the Pheonix thing)

Yep, for a second i thought i was watching 24 or even the OC :-)eek: )

As my brother said, and I agree with him, X2 was more compelling. X3 had some cool moments...the Phoenix effect at the end was beautiful.

The biggest problem the movie had was there was too much s**t going on. The movie should have been about the cure. Save Dark Phoenix for another movie. Throw out the stupid Bobby/Rogue/Kitty love triangle that was absolutely meaningless.

If you're going to kill major characters, don't do it in the first half hour of the film. Hell they killed two characters in the first half hour!!!

THE THING people are not getting when they say this movie has no heart, and that characters (cyclops rouge etc.) aren't fully developed is because what have the likes of Kingberg Penn, and Ratner been telling us for the past year?

these movies work as 1, Rouges story is fleshed out through 3 movies, and this is the pay off of it

cyclops character arc(albeit not the one i would wish upon him) has revolved around jean for both movies, and his progression pays off in 3

Wolverines was moreso payed off in 2, but his role in 3 is the concequence of 2

jean showed signs of loosing controll of her powers back in the statue of liberty

etc. xavier and magneto dido, pyro and iceman go back to there jelous class room shinanigans to win rouges heart in 1 etc. etc.

the reason this movie is so fast paced, is because it can, when it comes out on DVD i beg you to sit down for 6 hours and watch them back to back to back, and everything kingberg penn and ratner have been saying will all make sense

that is if you havent caught it already, and most of the peeps on here seem highly repitable for such a feet, where as a casual movie goer/critic like a joel segil wouldnt

L0ngsh0t said:
THE THING people are not getting when they say this movie has no heart, and that characters (cyclops rouge etc.) aren't fully developed is because what have the likes of Kingberg Penn, and Ratner been telling us for the past year?

these movies work as 1, Rouges story is fleshed out through 3 movies, and this is the pay off of it

cyclops character arc(albeit not the one i would wish upon him) has revolved around jean for both movies, and his progression pays off in 3

Wolverines was moreso payed off in 2, but his role in 3 is the concequence of 2

jean showed signs of loosing controll of her powers back in the statue of liberty

etc. xavier and magneto dido, pyro and iceman go back to there jelous class room shinanigans to win rouges heart in 1 etc. etc.

the reason this movie is so fast paced, is because it can, when it comes out on DVD i beg you to sit down for 6 hours and watch them back to back to back, and everything kingberg penn and ratner have been saying will all make sense

that is if you havent caught it already, and most of the peeps on here seem highly repitable for such a feet, where as a casual movie goer/critic like a joel segil wouldnt

So, your arguement is I'm not fanboy enough to see it has heart? My action figures on my shelf say otherwise. :)

Tony Stark said:
Throw out the stupid Bobby/Rogue/Kitty love triangle that was absolutely meaningless.
Meaningless? It was the entire reason Rogue cured herself!

blind_fury said:

I agree with you there. I think that storyline worked fine. We know Rogue will be back, now she will have to deal with it all over again. It is a curse for her, she will not be able to cast it aside.

Nibune said:
well, that's how it is with sequels, they are continuing a story, I wouldn't see part two without seeing part one, DUH!, and there was totally heart in this movie. I am so tired of *******s who don't get it insulting this movie, forget them, I can make up my own mind, I don't have to have some idiot make up my mind for me. This movie rocked and was an actual X-men movie...finally. I'm so happy Singer left, keep his gay ass away from these movies, he doesn't get it, is no fan, and doesn't care.:down :mad:

You definitely need to see the first two movies to appreciate X3--this movie just hits the ground running and doesn't leave any time for you to catch up.

Morgoth said:
well, that's how it is with sequels, they are continuing a story, I wouldn't see part two without seeing part one, DUH!, and there was totally heart in this movie. I am so tired of *******s who don't get it insulting this movie, forget them, I can make up my own mind, I don't have to have some idiot make up my mind for me. This movie rocked and was an actual X-men movie...finally. I'm so happy Singer left, keep his gay ass away from these movies, he doesn't get it, is no fan, and doesn't care.:down :mad:

I was going to actually try to debate you, but I'll stay away from the bigots.

blind_fury said:

Which was just oh-so-important to the story, let me tell you. Rogue could have been cut out entirely and the movie would have been no different.

Cyclops said:
Which was just oh-so-important to the story, let me tell you. Rogue could have been cut out entirely and the movie would have been no different.
Huh? The entire plot was about a mutant cure. You don't think an x-men getting cured was important to the story? Of course it was.

I guess you would've preferred Rogue be the "key" to some stupid mutant bubble machine like in X1 or perhaps ignored completely like she was in X2.

blind_fury said:
Huh? The entire plot was about a mutant cure. You don't think an x-men getting cured was important to the story? Of course it was.

I guess you would've preferred Rogue be the "key" to some stupid mutant bubble machine like in X1 or perhaps ignored completely like she was in X2.

Don't knock the bubble machine man.

Nibune said:

It has a story (badly handled) but no heart what so ever (and it sure tried).
Who is Joel Seigel btw? (other than a critic - I got that... is he a famous one?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"