Ace Ventura 3

Just give us a full In Living Color revival with the OGs and I’ll be happy.

That works, too. I mean, are the Wayans and company all that busy right now? Plus, provided you got the same talent involved from the original, it'd no doubt fare a lot better than the Mad TV revival.

I rewatched the first one. The humor really only works if you’re 13 years old. It’s dumb funny but grows old fast. Unlike Dumb and Dumber which is also dumb funny but for some reason lands better.

God, I really hope this doesn't happen. Carrey is just too old to pull off the physical, gurning comedy routine now.

Unpopular opinion, but When Nature Calls was already a huge step down from Pet Detective for me.

Still I'll give it a shot. I thought Dumb and Dumber To was better than most gave it credit for (though obviously it still didn't even come close to holding a candle to the original). It just felt good to see those characters again after so long. We'll see how this one goes.

Carrey is just too old to pull off the physical, gurning comedy routine now.

Sonic the Hedgehog disagrees.

I think more the Ace Ventura character just doesn't fit in 2021.

Now, The Mask sequel with Jim Carrey could really explore some interesting things.

Now, The Mask sequel with Jim Carrey could really explore some interesting things.
The fact that they never made a Mask 2 back in the '90s given how successful it was is mind-blowing. I assume that Carrey backed out of it because he didn't have a great experience making Ace Ventura 2.

The most memorable scene from Ace Ventura 2 was the rhino birth. That still cracks me up.
"Oh look, the mother Rhino is giving birth!" is something that still frequently gets said in m
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think the rhino birth scene is not only the funniest moment in either Ace Ventura movie but one of the funniest in his whole career.

Honestly I think you might be right. I'm struggling of thinking of something from him that's ever made me laugh harder than that.

Unpopular opinion, but When Nature Calls was already a huge step down from Pet Detective for me.

Still I'll give it a shot. I thought Dumb and Dumber To was better than most gave it credit for (though obviously it still didn't even come close to holding a candle to the original). It just felt good to see those characters again after so long. We'll see how this one goes.
I agree

Even as a child I didn’t enjoy When Nature Calls as much as the Pet Detective. It has its funny moments but nowhere near as good as the first film

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I think the rhino birth scene is not only the funniest moment in either Ace Ventura movie but one of the funniest in his whole career.

That being said I don’t want to see a third one based on how Dumb and Dumber To turned out.
The trailers gave it all away... it was a good movie, just the story wasn't the best...

Sonic the Hedgehog disagrees.

I think more the Ace Ventura character just doesn't fit in 2021.

A fish out of water... even funnier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"