What would you make into a film?

Dune. A television series that is actually faithful to political and religious mythos of the story.

The Gospel According To Mark

Its a brilliant short story by the incomparable Jorge Luis Borges that tells of a medical student, Baltasar Espinosa, whose peaceful escape to a cousin's ranch becomes a journey into madness and the macabre. I'd love to share the juicy details, but one should have to read Borges to be worthy of his ingenious imaginings. I'll provide one little hint, just to pique a potential reader's interest: Baltasar wins over some devoted new followers who decide to build something for him.

It would be difficult to get a feature film out of most short stories, but Borges was able to say as much in ten pages as another writer might try to say in a hundred.

F.E.A.R. & Secret of Monkey Island.

Alanmorphs

5 teenagers driving on their way home from the video store collide with a toxic waste truck and each get the power to turn into a different Tim Allen character.

CARTOONS

Thundarr The Barbarian

Gargoyles

Batman Beyond

COMICS & GRAPHIC NOVELS

The Pro

Batman & Robin

NOVELS

The Legend Of Drizzt Do'Urden

In The Net Of Dreams

The Finder's Stone Trilogy

Have A Nice Day: A Tale Of Blood & Sweatsocks and Foley Is Good: Real Life Is Faker Than Wrestling

Diary Of Jack The Ripper

VIDEO GAMES

Silent Scope

Gauntlet

Tekken

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Voltron

Fahrenheit 451

Brave New World
Red Dawn remake

All of these are either in active development or production already.:huh:

Jak and Daxter
Jak II
Jak 3

Oh God, YES! Even though this franchise is pretty much forgotten, I think it would have potential to make at least one damn good movie. Especially Jak II. :up:

You suck. :up:

And really people, haven't we seen enough superhero comic book adaptations? We've been getting at least two major superhero movies every year for the entire decade. I know this is a superhero website, and I'm still a comic book fan first and foremost, but isn't it time someone said enough? To paraphrase Jim Emerson: the world needs a new superhero movie about as much as it needs a new Bush administration. Must every major superhero license out there be adapted? It's getting ridiculous.

Agreed...and agreed. Seriously, who wanted a Jonah Hex movie? We're definitely staring to scrape the bottom of the barrel with comic book movies.

Agreed...and agreed. Seriously, who wanted a Jonah Hex movie? We're definitely staring to scrape the bottom of the barrel with comic book movies.

Not to mention that pretty much all of the major superhero characters are bought up anyway. It's not like the rights are still hanging in the air waiting to be snatched up. It's all a matter of time and market demand.

I would love to see Odd Thomas be adapted. I loved the book and wouldn't mind doing a film for it.

I'd re-do 1984...

That and Preacher.

After that I'd probably try to do honour to some comics franchises who have been diddled and screwed in the past.

Then I would go insane from having to read billions of notes from studios trying to f*** my work to "Make it more digestable for the common man" and throw myself off of something very high up... ...or just refuse to promote my own work Norton-style.

...or follow it spewing bile on what the studios turned my vision into Alan Moore-style.

I'd re-do 1984...

That and Preacher.

After that I'd probably try to do honour to some comics franchises who have been diddled and screwed in the past.

Then I would go insane from having to read billions of notes from studios trying to f*** my work to "Make it more digestable for the common man" and throw myself off of something very high up... ...or just refuse to promote my own work Norton-style.

...or follow it spewing bile on what the studios turned my vision into Alan Moore-style.

Sam Mendes is developing Preacher as we speak.

* A more serious "Space Ghost" film in the vein of DC comic.
* For that matter, "The Herculoids" and "Thundarr", if for no other reason than to do a live-action version of a Hanna-Barbera cartoon that would actually be WORTH turning into a live-action film.

:up::up:

Oh God, YES! Even though this franchise is pretty much forgotten, I think it would have potential to make at least one damn good movie. Especially Jak II. :up:

Jonah Hex is a great character and has a great mythos. I'm glad lesser known, but just as, if not more interesting characters are getting their shot above the big names.

Alien.

10 people in a ship. 2 Aliens. And more then one of them has been impregnated. They cannot find out which person has an Alien inside them. (Stolen from an IMDB board member, great idea too) Horror, paranoia, and some action. Perfect Alien movie.

Sounds similar to The Thing. I LOVE The Thing. One of the best sci fi/horror/suspense movies ever.

And it's not like I'm saying established franchises shouldn't continue, or that projects that have begun development like the Avengers buildup movies for Marvel should halt. But there's no reason why we should need - or even really want - to see Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc. on screen Jonah Hex should have gone in a completely different direction. Not that I dislike Josh Brolin for the part, but I get the feeling that if it was Thomas Jane it would be much less campy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"