What would you make into a film?

Sarge I rarely disagree with you. But you think it will be MORE campy with Brolin?

I can't agree with that, I think Brolin is great. I don't mean to be cliche, but in No Country he was brilliant I thought. He didn't have too much dialogue but really brought something to the character. I think thats what is needed for Hex. I think Brolin is a great actor, even in Planet Terror which was completely over the top he had a reserved sorta menace, not too hammy.

Novels-The Martian Chronicles.

Comic Books-MAX: Blade series.

Sarge I rarely disagree with you. But you think it will be MORE campy with Brolin?

I can't agree with that, I think Brolin is great. I don't mean to be cliche, but in No Country he was brilliant I thought. He didn't have too much dialogue but really brought something to the character. I think thats what is needed for Hex. I think Brolin is a great actor, even in Planet Terror which was completely over the top he had a reserved sorta menace, not too hammy.
I love Brolin, but apparently the script that they're using for him is really, really campy. Brolin even said so. Apparently his first reaction to it was "This is awful!" and then he reconsidered because he thought the script could be played tongue in cheek.

I can't believe I forgot about Reboot, SWAT KATZ, and Samurai Jack.

I also forgot about Danny Phantom.

I would do a three-part space epic modeled on The Odyssey.

That sounds amazing! :up:

That would be pretty cool if ever done.

I'd love to see Psych on the big screen. It might be cliche to some, but I'd love to have the series itself, lead up to a two hour film. Or maybe after the "final" episode, have a movie come out where Shawn meets someone who pays as much detail to things as he does, or is maybe unpredictable, thus hard for Shawn to track down, or pick up clues on. Maybe have one of the criminals from early on in the series come back through and play a big role as a antagonist.

That would be cool if he finds a serial who has the same skills as him and he pretty much has to use his detective skills that he learned from his father throughout his life and each episode.

Not to mention that pretty much all of the major superhero characters are bought up anyway. It's not like the rights are still hanging in the air waiting to be snatched up. It's all a matter of time and market demand.

We could say the same for regular novels, plays, and musicals. Almost everything thats a hit gets a movie. Heck, even action figures past the 80s get their own movies. Anyone remember the forgettable Bratz film?

I love Brolin, but apparently the script that they're using for him is really, really campy. Brolin even said so. Apparently his first reaction to it was "This is awful!" and then he reconsidered because he thought the script could be played tongue in cheek.

I was going to wait for the trailer but at this point the movie sounds like its going to be awful. Let's not forget that Megan Fox is also in this movie.

I've read the script from 2007. I thought it was awesome.

Makes Hex out to be a legend, a myth. But is still very traditional western, but with a new spin on it.

I dunno if it's the same script. It might be, but the project has undergone lots of changes in the past few years.

Yea, this was the old one written by Neveldine and Taylor.

It had it's cheesy parts and wise cracks. But I thought it did justice to the psychological and slightly supernatural sides to the character.

And Fox's character was actually more than just for sex appeal in the script. Pretty deep character actually.

But yea it has obviously gone through some changes since then.

Meta Slug!
Samurai Jack, too. An animated movie to end the saga. I hate when things are left unfinished.

Last edited:
Samurai Jack definitely.

And I've just started reading "I Kill Giants" by Joe Kelly. I think that could make for an interesting movie.

I'd make a JSA trilogy.

The first part would be set in the 40's and have the core group meet in their prime.

The second part is set in the 80's and see's them all in their old age coming out of retirement, and trying to find their place in this world of much more powerful heroes, ending with them getting rejuvanated.

The third part is set in modern day, begins with wesley dodds funeral and focuses on them training the next generation of heroes.

Each movie would also be kind of a tribute to the comics of that particular era so that when viewed as a whole, the trilogy works as a kind of meditation on the evolution of the superhero comic genre from it's inception to the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"