• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
FkBORQOWQAIuzkO

I couldn't care less if Momoa returns as Aquaman but I'd definitely miss Gal in the DCEU.

I'm know she's rather polarizing on these boards but I really enjoyed Gal as Wonder Woman. Sure she's no Meryl Streep but I thought she was effective as Diana.

The scene in the first film where she says she fights "for love" and the ones in the Snyder Cut where she shows kindness and empathy to the little girl in the bank and to Victor - well let's just say she hit me in the feels haha :yay:

Come to think of it, out of the main DC group that includes her, Affleck, Cavill, Momoa, Fisher, The Rock, and Miller, she's the only one I'd miss...

*EDIT* Oh and I hope Zachary Levi sticks around as Shazam, just to see how much it messes up Dwayne when he finds out there won't be a Black Adam 2 :funny:

Last edited:
I couldn't care less if Momoa returns as Aquaman but I'd definitely miss Gal in the DCEU.

I'm know she's rather polarizing on these boards but I really enjoyed Gal as Wonder Woman. Sure she's no Meryl Streep but I thought she was effective as Diana.

The scene in the first film where she says she fights "for love" and the ones in the Snyder Cut where she shows kindness and empathy to the little girl in the bank and to Victor - well let's just say she hit me in the feels haha :yay:

Come to think of it, out of the main DC group that includes her, Affleck, Cavill, Momoa, Fisher, The Rock, and Miller, she's the only one I'd miss...

i liked her in the role too. i know she's not a streep either, but i didn't think she was terrible. i think expectations were so high for the role, fault would've been found in whoever they'd chosen. there were subtle little things in the first film i really enjoyed, like her reaction to seeing a baby for the first time and how she was kinda uncomfortable/stiff in new world surroundings, and No Man's Land is just a great scene. whether that was her acting abilities or the way they chose to portray her in a new, war torn world, i'm not sure, i never cared enough to deep dive into it. i just really enjoyed that comic book movie having not really known much about her going in.

*EDIT* Oh and I hope Zachary Levi sticks around as Shazam, just to see how much it messes up Dwayne when he finds out there won't be a Black Adam 2 :funny:

I really like Gal too and i HOPE somehow she stays. Yes, she's not perhaps one of our finer thespians in Hollywood but she has screen prescence for days and an infectious charm. And there are certain actors and actresses in Hollywood that get by on that. I mean, look at Keanu Reeves...not the best actor by far but he just has this thing about him that makes you like him. And Gal is very likable. And when she's tough, she sells it, she comes off as a real badass which i feel is important for an Amazonian warrior.

I dont care what anyone says, i dont think Gunn needs to throw every single piece away and totally start fresh. Keep the stuff that works and retool them and people will be happy. I'm telling you guys, its only we fanboys and girls on the internet that obsess over continuity and reboots and multiple Batmen etc. Your average Tom, Dick and Harry only cares about watching a good, entertaining product.

Just finished Black Adam and it’s one of the most okay movies I’ve seen. Aggressively fine.

Some nice set pieces and visual flair, and I did generally appreciate the attempt to examine Imperialism in a huge blockbuster, but fairly by-the-numbers on the whole.

6/10, glad I didn’t pay to see it in theaters.

Last edited:
Just finished Black Adam and it’s one of the most okay movies I’ve seen. Aggressively fine.

Some nice set pieces and visual flair, and I did generally appreciate the attempt to examine Imperialism in a huge blockbuster, but fairly by-the-numbers on the whole.

6/10, glad I didn’t pay to see it in theaters.

How pumped are you for that post credits scene?! :o

I dont care what anyone says, i dont think Gunn needs to throw every single piece away and totally start fresh. Keep the stuff that works and retool them and people will be happy. I'm telling you guys, its only we fanboys and girls on the internet that obsess over continuity and reboots and multiple Batmen etc. Your average Tom, Dick and Harry only cares about watching a good, entertaining product.

I don't know if that's entirely true
I know a lot of "normies" who get put off by recastings and confusing continuity
That's part of why nobody outside of hardcore FoX-men fans (is that a thing?) gave a s*** about the last few x-movies
The only one the GA liked was DOFP, and that movie tried its best to make sense of the mess Fox made

We may obsess, but they still notice. Another round of DC recasting will generate at least a small groan from the GA

I don't know if that's entirely true
I know a lot of "normies" who get put off by recastings and confusing continuity
That's part of why nobody outside of hardcore FoX-men fans (is that a thing?) gave a s*** about the last few x-movies
The only one the GA liked was DOFP, and that movie tried its best to make sense of the mess Fox made

We may obsess, but they still notice. Another round of DC recasting will generate at least a small groan from the GA

I get what youre saying and Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were garbage and had toxic reviews and wom so those were DOA. Lets say in an alternate reality both those movies were amazing, they both would have done much better, plain and simple.

Gunn in 2 years: D’oh, knew I forgot something (that Superman script, and helping plan the future of DC). All’s well though as 5,000 Twitter battles have been “won”, that is THE main job here of course.

How pumped are you for that post credits scene?! :o

Lmao ngl man, I actually would like to have seen where that was eventually gonna go but I’m also completely fine with them wiping the slate clean and pretending 90% of DC’s film output in the past decade didn’t happen.

If they’re moving on so am I :funny:

I get what youre saying and Dark Phoenix and New Mutants were garbage and had toxic reviews and wom so those were DOA. Lets say in an alternate reality both those movies were amazing, they both would have done much better, plain and simple.
New Mutants didn't have much of a chance anyway even if it had gotten rave reviews since it was released during the pandemic when a lot of theaters were closed anyway.

You know for as much as we like to dunk on Sony for being Sony, I bet even they are looking at the events of the past two weeks at WB and being like " sheeeesh, we may have had leaked emails and Morbius but at least we aint that studio. yikes!"

Who would've ever thought that the crappiness of MOS would've led to multiple WB buyouts, the disappearance of all kinds of different media, and The Rock committing fraud :o
It’s all sliding doors right? I feel it was Jimmy lasting as long as he did(n’t) in BvS that started a chain reaction involving a bear ****ting in the woods and ending with The Rock’s accountant getting replaced by Trump’s doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"