Activision Announces 007 Game Developers

Sebastos

le professionnel
Reaction score
http://commanderbond.net/article/4476

K1Bond007 tips us off that Activision announced a couple of extra details regarding their upcoming debut James Bond video game at the 2007 German Games Convention.

It’s been rather quiet since Activision was granted the 007 rights in May 2006; the only real piece of news to have emerged is that the game is expected to be based on Bond 22.

Now, it has been revealed that studios Treyarch, Beenox and Vicarious Visions are developing the game, which will appear on next-generation consoles, Windows PC and hand-held platforms.

The news that the game will appear on PC should be particularly welcomed by 007 gamers; the most recent game to appear on PC was 2003’s Nightfire.

K1Bond007 speculates that each developer will handle a different platform, offering the “likely scenario” that Treyarch will develop the game for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Beenox will handle the PC version and Vicarious Visions will develop the Wii, DS and/or PSP port.

Electronic Arts passed the James Bond rights to Activision following the release of 2005’s From Russia With Love.
Keep watching CBn for more news of the upcoming game.

Awesome. :up:

Yeah, I know...but still I can't wait for the game. The best Bond game for me was Everything or Nothing. I loved that game.

That was an awesome game indeed, but still a 2nd place after...

goldeneye.jpg

TWINE was a decent follow up :o

I especially enjoyed how sticky bombs took out like....half the map

We've known it would be Treyarch for a while now. It should be noted, Treyarch sucks at making FPS games (Call of Duty 3) and really just games in general.

I hate to say it, but I'd almost prefer if EA had another shot.

Still... the best possible Bond game would be made by Starbreeze.

Ah, I forgot about Nightfire, that was a good Bond game too.

Nightfire and Everything or Nothing were quite enjoyable. Most the other Bond games EA released however ranged from unimpressive to offensive in terms of quality.

I am none too thrilled about Treyarch handling the franchise after the disappointment that was Spider-Man 3. Why I still even own that game, I'm not sure. :o

We've known it would be Treyarch for a while now. It should be noted, Treyarch sucks at making FPS games (Call of Duty 3) .

Maybe, but i HIGHLY doubt the next Bond game will be a FPS. He works better as a third person.

I'm hoping third person...and cause it's Treyarch doing it, a free roam game as well...imagine being able to drive your weaponized Aston Marten all over whatever crazy cities this Bond movie is gonna take place in...

anyway, there's no possible way this game can be worse than Rouge Agent *shudders*

Rogue Agent was laughable. It was like EA was thinking "Okay, Goldeneye was a huge hit, but we still can't re-create it's sales. What did people see in that game that they don't see in ours? ...Aha! The name! Boys, call the new game 'Goldeneye,' we've got a fortune to make!" :down:D

Yeah, I know...but still I can't wait for the game. The best Bond game for me was Everything or Nothing. I loved that game.
That's 2nd place actually.
That was an awesome game indeed, but still a 2nd place after...
goldeneye.jpg
THIS is 1ST place.:up:
TWINE was a decent follow up :o
I especially enjoyed how sticky bombs took out like....half the map
I liked TWINE a lot since it introduced the AI in the multiplayer scenarios.
Oh yes, agreed. I do hook up the 64 and play this once in a while. :up:

I would put it in third place.
Definitely
Ah, I forgot about Nightfire, that was a good Bond game too.
It was ok. Kinda boring. I like the Bond girl though.
I'm hoping third person...and cause it's Treyarch doing it, a free roam game as well...imagine being able to drive your weaponized Aston Marten all over whatever crazy cities this Bond movie is gonna take place in...
That'd befudgin awesome.:o:up:
anyway, there's no possible way this game can be worse than Rouge Agent *shudders*
I still try to play it but it bores the hell outta me with how sucky it is.

"hey guys, lets make a James Bond game where you dont play as James Bond! In fact, James Bond is dead!"

Maybe, but i HIGHLY doubt the next Bond game will be a FPS. He works better as a third person.
Considering the best (by far) James Bond game was First Person, I think it's safe to say he's best represented as the player himself.

Third person can get mucky. I wouldn't mind a Gears-of-War over-the-shoulder view, but having him play like an average third-person character-driven game means platforming and awful puzzles.

I think the best Bond game was easily Everything or Nothing as it did a better job of making you feel like James Bond than any other previous games. I think Goldeneye was the better game overall but you forgot you were Bond really quick. Im looking forward to this game, as long as they capture the badassedness that is Daniel Craig, we'll be fine.

Considering the best (by far) James Bond game was First Person, I think it's safe to say he's best represented as the player himself.

Third person can get mucky. I wouldn't mind a Gears-of-War over-the-shoulder view, but having him play like an average third-person character-driven game means platforming and awful puzzles.

I completely disagree, the best BOND game was Everything or Nothing, Goldeneye was the better overall game but it didnt make you feel like James Bond, at all.

I completely disagree, the best BOND game was Everything or Nothing, Goldeneye was the better overall game but it didnt make you feel like James Bond, at all.
Everything or Nothing felt more like "Dead to Rights" without Slow Motion than it did "James Bond".

Everything or Nothing felt more like "Dead to Rights" without Slow Motion than it did "James Bond".

Eh, i never played Dead to Rights so i cant comment on that. But the elements in EoN were much more "Bondesque" than anything in Goldeneye.

Here's hoping they do fps... I can't see Treyarch pulling off a good 3rd person Bond game... If only they got Infinity Ward to do the Bond game after they finish COD4... Cause COD4 looks like hotness

Goldeneye was a better game, but EON felt more like James Bond. I think it's pretty obvious which one left a bigger mark on videogame history though. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"