Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 2

The reason why I want to see him in this movie is to tell the audience that he already joined the X-Men after the events of X3 and that they could build him up in the next movie after DOFP.

Angel would be good because it would mean his role in X3 wasn't for nothing, it was to introduce him. Either now or have him return for another movie, dealing with Apocalypse.

I see him as mostly a non-essential for DoFP though; he never was an official X-Men in TLS. Besides, of what use would he be in a battle against Sentinels? He'd be pretty ineffective. And he's too young to have a "past" equivalent. I don't think we're going to see him in this film.

except Singer originally wanted to have references/introduce angel as archangel in X2...

so it wouldn't be far-fetched that in the future, we see him as such

Cyclops is an amazing character with tons of depth......if they do not find a way to bring back Cyclops in this epic XMEN film since he was taken out so ridiculously and OFFSCREEN MIND YOU, I do not think I can bring myself to see X-Men: Days of Future Past. It would be too much of a slap in a face to us as fans. Cyclops is the leader, James Marsden was awesome in the role and you have the perfect opportunity to bring our favorite octic blasting mutant back to the forefront. I am a true fan of all of your work Bryan but I would feel UTTERLY betrayed if you do not bring this iconic character back to finally have a great moment to SHINE. I do not think I am alone in this, HE IS NEEDED FOR THIS FILM. I think I am gonna pass if we do not get the leader back.

The X-Men movies never really did follow the comics or the original storyline. The best proof you will ever need would be X-Men First Class in which NONE of the original members of the team were to be found (Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Angel, etc) was it a great movie still? Yes. Did it follow the comic line? No But there are limits to what you can get away with....having an X-Men movie of this this epic magnitude which is supposed to bring the series forward without Cyclops the leader of the X-Men would insult our intelligence as fans, he died off screen as I said and Rogue is back with her powers fully and xavier will be in his old body which was pulverized might as well bring Voldermort back in harry potter lol. Now I am over joyed that you are changing Last Stand for the definite better but this would most def NEED to include bringing Cyclops Back to the team. It's like having an avengers movie without Iron Man. Wolverine has been done to death and he's getting his own movie and now we know he has a large role in this movie, if cyclops is nowhere to be found, I will be nowhere to be found in the theater but I don't expect for you to let me down Bryan. BRING CYCLOPS BACK!!!

YOUR GREAT FAN,
Chris

There are going to have to be limits to how many they can bring back.Remember they have casts In 2 timeframes to service.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to see Angel come back. I'd be happy personally if it is just the currently announced X-Men for the future scenes, but would still like to see Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Beast, Angel and Storm, even if just in background/fight scenes.

EDIT: Can't forget Colossus! I need X4, I think. :(

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants to see Angel come back. I'd be happy personally if it is just the currently announced X-Men for the future scenes, but would still like to see Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Beast, Angel and Storm, even if just in background/fight scenes.

EDIT: Can't forget Colossus! I need X4, I think. :(
They can't have every one of the X-Men back. It's a dystopian future, remember? Some of them need to be dead.

I know, but still. I just want to see all the future X-Men vs. Sentinels, even if they then do all get killed off. Ah well.

Do we have any idea of how much of the future we'll see? I imagine the film will open in the future timeline, but I don't think there'll be too much switching between the two.

They can't have every one of the X-Men back. It's a dystopian future, remember? Some of them need to be dead.

But it doesn't have to be the one of the X-Men unlike in the comics. It could be just the students or mutants around the world that we don't know.

yeah sorry that is just not powerful enough i think we need a big name to be dead

But it doesn't have to be the one of the X-Men unlike in the comics. It could be just the students or mutants around the world that we don't know.
It would be silly if mutants were being systematically killed off in the country but the entire X-Men team is still intact. Especially when one of the main points in the comics is that the future destroyed the X-Men.

It would be silly if mutants were being systematically killed off in the country but the entire X-Men team is still intact. Especially when one of the main points in the comics is that the future destroyed the X-Men.

exactly. Its a really important part of this storyarc. Cant understand how some fans seems to forget it

exactly. Its a really important part of this storyarc. Cant understand how some fans seems to forget it

this is the film franchise though and its never been incredibly loyal to the comics and i don't think this film will be an exception

Last edited:
its not about being totally loyal to a plot from the comics.

But with this right arc, there are two options:

1. Have ALL the x-men from the trilogy alive
2. Have a good part of them dead.

And as users have discussed plenty of times, most of us agree not everyone should be back and alive, so... we'd get option 2.

Exactly,is completely stupid kill almost all the major characters.After X3 is misplaced.

The Last Stand isn't misplaced, and that's most likely why you're not getting Cyclops or Jean Grey.

yeah sorry that is just not powerful enough i think we need a big name to be dead

Exactly. It should be Storm. The original team before Wolverine arrived (Storm, Cyclops, Jean Grey) would all be dead leaving them with just the less experienced X-men, making the situation seem more desperate.

Exactly,is completely stupid kill almost all the major characters.After X3 is misplaced.

But they'll all be brought back by the end of the film!

I'm not sure how you're not grasping this.

No one single crap will be given by the audience if Logan stands there and says "Remember those nameless kids from X2? Yeah, they're dead."

Big names need to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"