Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 2

You don't need to devote that much time to setting things up, though. If Jason Flemyng is coming back, which I think he himself may have confirmed, you can very easily establish that Aezael and Mytstique are close, and then use dialogue to set up the idea that Mystique might be pregnant. General audiences might not make the connection between Mystique, Aezael, and Nightcrawler at first, but it wouldn't take too much to at least lay the groundwork for acknowledging the comic connections between the three characters.

You don't need to devote that much time to setting things up, though. If Jason Flemyng is coming back, which I think he himself may have confirmed, you can very easily establish that Aezael and Mytstique are close, and then use dialogue to set up the idea that Mystique might be pregnant. General audiences might not make the connection between Mystique, Aezael, and Nightcrawler at first, but it wouldn't take too much to at least lay the groundwork for acknowledging the comic connections between the three characters.

They can do that but its not really necessary to the story. Whats the point of Mystique/Azazel having a child?

^ Acknowledging the source material, which both Singer and FOX have independently shown a proclivity for doing. It would also retroactively add to and enhance Nightcrawler's characterization, particularly if they were to follow up on it, even if only briefly, in another film.

^ Acknowledging the source material, which both Singer and FOX have independently shown a proclivity for doing. It would also retroactively add to and enhance Nightcrawler's characterization, particularly if they were to follow up on it, even if only briefly, in another film.

It just seems exceedingly pointless to me. If Azazel and Mystique had some epic love story in the comics it might be worth it but to my recollection they had a one night stand and he ditched her right after to go back to his dimension. Because the only reason he had come in the first place was to impregnate as many women as possible. Not exactly a must-have romance in the movie. I love Nightcrawler but since they didn't raise him themselves I really couldn't care less who his parents are in the movie version of him. There are a hundred other way more important and way more interesting stories to tell.

There is no really point of Mystique giving birth to Nightcrawler other than to stay "true to the comics". Whats going to happen to baby Nightcrawler after Mystique gave birth to him? Abandon him in a circus where Nightcrawler would feel like an outcast and yet in the original trilogy/First Class, she was talking about being mutant and proud, blaming humans for why she had a hard time as a child and mutant acceptance and she cannot even raise a mutant child on her own. Then when she met Nightcrawler as a grown-up, she didn't give him a single stare. It just doesn't make any sense.

Hmm. I hadn't looked at things from that angle (the 'mutant and proud' thing).

Maybe when Nightcrawler is born he isn't a blue demon looking mutant yet. :huh:
Maybe in the filmverse his blue skin and ears are latent.

This, i actually agree with you on

A character development that will just contradict the character.

Maybe when Nightcrawler is born he isn't a blue demon looking mutant yet. :huh:
Maybe in the filmverse his blue skin and ears are latent.

Its also not like mystique expected him to go into the circus.... I think like any mother who gives up a child she could be fearful (maybe azaezel is a horrid person and mystique simple didn't feel like she could protect him) there's plenty of reasons

The only character that would inherently develop is Nightcrawler. :)

I don't expect them to do the Azazel/Mystique/Nightcrawler story, but it would be neat if they did. I can't imagine that it would be that difficult or confusing as some are suggesting.

we likely won't see anything between Mystique and Azarel.Nightcrawler will likely have been born In the 11 year gap.I can totally see them In DOFP focusing on Mystique and Magneto.In DOFP I can see Mystique being tasked with commiting the assassination like
Destiny was In Comic version.

Its also not like mystique expected him to go into the circus.... I think like any mother who gives up a child she could be fearful (maybe azaezel is a horrid person and mystique simple didn't feel like she could protect him) there's plenty of reasons

You know explaining why Mystique gave up Nightcrawler will just create a lot of questions and confusion. There are other ways to develop Nightcrawler and Mystique other than the mother/son relationship.

You assume to much

No, there's no assumption. I already posted earlier why it would contradict Mystique and the moments that I listed are in the movies, its not like I just created those moments.

Well, let's see...Mystique had a thing for Charles, and Magneto almost immediately, and Beast...

And Logan, for goodness sake.

She almost slept with Mr. Laurio...

She's obviously not too picky to sleep with Azaezel.

I don't see how simply telling us who is parents are would develop the character of Nightcrawler.

You know explaining why Mystique gave up Nightcrawler will just create a lot of questions and confusion. There are other ways to develop Nightcrawler and Mystique other than the mother/son relationship.

No, there's no assumption. I already posted earlier why it would contradict Mystique and the moments that I listed are in the movies, its not like I just created those moments.

It doesn't contradict anything... Giving up a child is often circumstantial. Hell maybe Azaezel raped her, she kills him and when the son is born and looks like him she abandons him. Mystique is far more ruthless when we see her in the OT . She's also out for herself ultimately (aside from magnet)

It doesn't contradict anything... Giving up a child is often circumstantial. Hell maybe Azaezel raped her, she kills him and when the son is born and looks like him she abandons him. Mystique is far more ruthless when we see her in the OT . She's also out for herself ultimately (aside from magnet)

Now you are the one who is assuming too much. :o

The only character that would inherently develop is Nightcrawler. :)

I think it actually also develops mystique as well and shows why she ends up the way she did. They obviously also have to explain a much greater hatred imo for xavier , the closest thing to family she ever had. XFC set it up but i don't think it was enough to make her how she was in X1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"