Days of Future Past Days of future Past running time?

United was great movie, with 134min running time.
DOFP is biggest movie in serie, has to be half hour longer -> 164min.

In a perfect world, 2 hours and 45 minutes.

But I expect we'll get something around 2:20, 2:30.

Considering that we have to split material between the Future and the past, as well as give enough to time to tell the stories on both end, anything less of 2:30 would be too short.

Last edited:
Considering it's "three movies in one" it should be at least 2 1/2 hours...

They could go 3 hr for this, why the hell not? Why is that only reserved for Lord of the Rings???

I thinks its gonna be 2 hours and 20 minutes but I'm hoping for a good 2 hour and 40 mins. Just want the OT to get good screentime. And for it to be evenly flesh out instead of rushed

Considering it's "three movies in one" it should be at least 2 1/2 hours...

They could go 3 hr for this, why the hell not? Why is that only reserved for Lord of the Rings???

Because it could be too long for the GA and it could affect ticket sales, like for example, 1 cinema might be the showing the film 4 to 5 times a day, but with a 3 hour runtime + the trailers that will be shown before the film stars, the film might be showing in that 1 cinema for only 3 to 4 times a day.

I know LOTR/Avatar/Titanic didn't have a problem with that, but X-Men is a different beast.

I doubt Days of Future Past is going to require a 3 hour run time. That said, I would rather the movie be 3 hours long, if that's what serves it best, than have it be shortened just to make room for more showings. That kind of mentality reminds me of Fox and the X-Men films at their worst.

I have no problem with a 3 hour movie, the longer the merrier. I'm also not suggesting them to cut the movie in less than 3 hours just to make room for more showings. So thank you because I don't have that kind of mentality, for the record.

But yes, it could affect ticket sales and knowing FOX's track record (most of their movies are shorter than 120 mins), they would want to get more money by booking more showings in theaters. And like the previous X-Men movies, there will be scenes that won't make the final cut.

The best X-Men films are over 2 hours long, and, based on the highest grossing live action movies in America, audiences don't have a problem rewarding films that fall between 2 and 3 hours long. So here's hoping Fox doesn't feel the need to unnecessarily shorten it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"