Actors Who Inexplicably Disappeared

I think Camilla Belle disappeared because she’s not a very good actress.

Yeah, but I'm always kinda more interested how they still keep their lifestyle. I know it shouldn't be none of my or anyone else business, but I'm still curious. Actors on the low hollywood food chain like Belle must save up like crazy, but then you look at their Instagram and they living in the hills or Malibu, so who knows.

Yeah, but I'm always kinda more interested how they still keep their lifestyle. I know it shouldn't be none of my or anyone else business, but I'm still curious. Actors on the low hollywood food chain like Belle must save up like crazy, but then you look at their Instagram and they living in the hills or Malibu, so who knows.

I always wonder the same thing. Even actors who used to work in soaps, or actors that do projects here and there, how the bad place are they able to pay their rent/mortgage? Same with singers who had the occasional one hit.

I always wonder the same thing. Even actors who used to work in soaps, or actors that do projects here and there, how the bad place are they able to pay their rent/mortgage? Same with singers who had the occasional one hit.

Some of them soap shows went on for over a decade, probably soul killer gig for an actor, but a nice paying one at that. Eh. I know very ''low end'' actors who still book a project here or there, but they also have a regular job for the most part. I recently met a ''hnnnngh'' actress who sometimes books a low budget flick or short here or there, but tired of nothing really happening, she has gone the patreon route, if you know what I mean. lol

Like the chick that played Rachel on Boy Meets World.

Look it up.

Alison Lohman - I remember seeing her in movies back when she was pretty young (White Oleander, Matchstick Men, Big Fish, and Drag Me to bad place). And it's not like she was a bad actress either, she was really good. Way more talented than most of the other actresses of her generation, but haven't seen her in anything in ages.

Justin Long - He was on a streak for a bit throughout 2000-2010 (the PC vs Mac commercials on TV, Live Free or Die Hard, Drag Me to bad place, Jeepers Creepers, etc), but I haven't seen him in anything since 2009. But he is one of those actors that's not that good, so I guess that's part of it?

Alison Lohman - I remember seeing her in movies back when she was pretty young (White Oleander, Matchstick Men, Big Fish, and Drag Me to bad place). And it's not like she was a bad actress either, she was really good. Way more talented than most of the other actresses of her generation, but haven't seen her in anything in ages.
Funnily enough I rewatched Drag Me to bad place just a few weeks ago and was wondering the same thing.

I really wish Hollywood was kinder to Salli Richardson (aka Elisa Maza from Gargoyles for all the fanboys)
4C3FB085-56BD-4A91-9FB0-75BCA7974A31.jpeg

She was the alternative Halle Berry but with better acting skills. I know she’s been directing for the past couple of years, but her onscreen career should’ve been so much more.

Also heard she has some wild extracurricular predilections, but that’s another story.

Lohman married the director of them 'Crank' movies and focused more on raising her kids now. Funny enough, Erin Moriarty who plays Starlight on 'The Boys' is pretty much her doppelganger, it does feel like a role Lohman would've done back in the early 00s.

Justin Long - He was on a streak for a bit throughout 2000-2010 (the PC vs Mac commercials on TV, Live Free or Die Hard, Drag Me to bad place, Jeepers Creepers, etc), but I haven't seen him in anything since 2009. But he is one of those actors that's not that good, so I guess that's part of it?

Yeah, Long was everywhere for a while and then just disappeared. I think he’s in the new Jay & Silent Bob movie.

Some of them soap shows went on for over a decade, probably soul killer gig for an actor, but a nice paying one at that. Eh. I know very ''low end'' actors who still book a project here or there, but they also have a regular job for the most part. I recently met a ''hnnnngh'' actress who sometimes books a low budget flick or short here or there, but tired of nothing really happening, she has gone the patreon route, if you know what I mean. lol

Maitland Ward?

I haven’t heard Kevin Sorbo’s name since I was 10 and I’m going to be 30 next year.

Guess those Hercules/Andromeda checks must’ve been good to him.

He does a lot of evangelical movies now, which I think do quite well.

I feel like I haven't seen Tobey Maguire in anything in ages. It's a shame, he's my favorite Spidey.

Yeah I loved Tobey as Spidey (except in Spider-Man 3, but everyone was terrible in that). But I think his career kind of fizzled because he got a bad reputation for just being a total A-hole to people on set. Supposedly crew members on Spider-Man 1 offered to pay Joe Manganiello to punch him out. And if you’ve ever seen Molly’s Game, the d-bag character Michael Cera plays is based on Tobey.

Yeah, his last role in a major movie was The Great Gatsby, which probably had more to do with his bff DiCaprio vouching for him.

He did do a voice in Boss Baby for whatever that’s worth.

Yeah I loved Tobey as Spidey (except in Spider-Man 3, but everyone was terrible in that). But I think his career kind of fizzled because he got a bad reputation for just being a total A-hole to people on set. Supposedly crew members on Spider-Man 1 offered to pay Joe Manganiello to punch him out. And if you’ve ever seen Molly’s Game, the d-bag character Michael Cera plays is based on Tobey.

Yup. Watching Cera's performance knowing he's playing Tobey Maguire is kinda funny. He's "Player X" in the movie, but Molly isn't afraid to call him (and other people) by name in her memoirs.

Yup. Watching Cera's performance knowing he's playing Tobey Maguire is kinda funny. He's "Player X" in the movie, but Molly isn't afraid to call him (and other people) by name in her memoirs.

Yeah, when I watched the movie, I didn’t know he was supposed to be Tobey and so the casting of Cera as this cocky, slime ball actor seemed a bit odd. But once I read up on who he was supposed to be, it made perfect sense, haha.

Yeah, when I watched the movie, I didn’t know he was supposed to be Tobey and so the casting of Cera as this cocky, slime ball actor seemed a bit odd. But once I read up on who he was supposed to be, it made perfect sense, haha.

Yup, Michael Cera as totally-not-Tobey Maguire (but actually totally Tobey Maguire) is pretty perfect casting.

I feel like I haven't seen Tobey Maguire in anything in ages. It's a shame, he's my favorite Spidey.

Maybe he burned too many bridges. Or after Molly's Game came out it exposed him as being a piece of crap. That line in the movie (not sure if it was in the book but I imagine so), something along the lines of "I like destroying people's lives". Wow.

Tobey also made a lot of mula with them Spidey flicks, and doesn't really seem to have that auteur desire like his breh Dicaprio and such, just chill with his money and play poker. lol

I thought he was great in that 'Pleasantville' flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"