The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Adaptation: Spidey Story Arcs on film

Drummerdude7

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
Reaction score
Nolan's Batman drew from countless stories like Knightfall, The Long Halloween, and The Man Who Laughs, Singer is adapting Days Of Future Past with X-Men, and the previous Spidey film series covered the Goblin arc quite well. Are there any particular Spider-man stories that you'd like to see adapted to future films?

Blue,The Night Gwen Stacy Died Kraven's last hunt

I hope to see Spider-Man: Reign adapted one day.

Well, the hard part for Spider-Man is that he didn't have a lot of multi-issue arcs until pretty recently (in comic time). I mean, the only ones I can think of are The Death of Gwen Stacy, the 2 Clone Sagas, the Symbiote Saga, Gang Wars, and Kraven's Last Hunt. The only ones I can see them actually being able to adapt on-screen properly are the Gwen and symbiote arcs...otherwise we'd be looking at individual issues. Now if we're looking at the Ultimate universe that's a different story.

In any, for TASM2, I believe Webb will be drawing from these issues/storylines:

The Amazing Spider-Man issue #4 (first appearance of Betty Brant)
The Amazing Spider-Man issue #9 (first appearance of Electro)
The Amazing Spider-Man issue #28 (Peter graduates high school and enrolls at ESU)
The Amazing Spider-Man issue #31 (first appearance of Harry)
The Amazing Spider-Man issues #41-42 (first appearances of Rhino and MJ)
Ultimate Spider-Man issue #10 (first appearance of Electro in Ultimate)
Ultimate Spider-Man #28 (first appearance of Rhino in Ultimate)

Last edited:
Sins Past! Just kidding. Kraven's Last Hunt or The Night Gwen Stacy died. Though obviously there is a fair chance we might get the latter sooner or later.

Those you guys have mentioned. But I'd also love to see The Boy Who Collected Spider-Man or what the name is.

It's tough with Spider-Man, because there aren't a *ton* of well known, iconic story arcs. Sure there's the Night Gwen Stacy died, but people generally point to that specific issue. The Alien Costume Saga, etc...Spider-Man: Blue is quite good though.

Batman has got the Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight Returns, Year One...

Superman has even got a few: Superman for all seasons, Birthright, All Star Superman (which is great btw).

Not saying there aren't great Spidey stories, but there really aren't too many you can give to a friend or someone new to comics as a great introduction to the character that will really let them know what the character is all about.

Any adaptation done under an R-rated version, especially Kraven's Last Hunt.

There are some pretty dark moments in the Spidey comics, but there should never be/will never be an R rated Spider-Man film.

It's tough with Spider-Man, because there aren't a *ton* of well known, iconic story arcs. Sure there's the Night Gwen Stacy died, but people generally point to that specific issue. The Alien Costume Saga, etc...Spider-Man: Blue is quite good though.

Batman has got the Long Halloween, The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight Returns, Year One...

Superman has even got a few: Superman for all seasons, Birthright, All Star Superman (which is great btw).

Not saying there aren't great Spidey stories, but there really aren't too many you can give to a friend or someone new to comics as a great introduction to the character that will really let them know what the character is all about.
Exactly...the closest you could come to is 'Spider-Man No More'. Stan Lee and Gerry Conway probably did such a good job defining the character back in the 60s and 70s that no one else even dares or bothers to try and mess with it.

I think the 90s really hurt Spidey in terms of potential stories as well...that was when Batman/Superman were getting a lot of their definitive stories told. Te 90s was pretty much a lost decade for us Spidey fans as it was pretty much completely wrapped up in the Clone Saga and Marvel was too busy pushing out 57664749576 Spider-Man titles to really care about the quality of any one book.

Those you guys have mentioned. But I'd also love to see The Boy Who Collected Spider-Man or what the name is.

I would love to see that as well! Maybe not as a full on film but an incorperated sub-plot.

I hope to see Spider-Man: Reign adapted one day.

YES. Maybe not a live-action film, but if Marvel decided to actually make some god damn animated films like DC does, I would LOVE to see a Spider-Man: Reign one.

For live-action, though? I would give my left nut to see Kraven's Last Hunt adapted.

The Clone Saga. :o

tumblr_m6c8toaQkW1ryj6qoo1_500.gif

is it strange that I enjoy many things from the clone saga? Also, I for one really like the idea of doc ock be'ing in Peter's head (as long as it's temporary)

Unpopular, I'm sure, but I wouldn't mind a movie that takes inspiration from the Murlon arc. Ignore the totem stuff if you want, but the idea of Peter being hunted by a near unstoppable force was cool. Had some great action pieces in it as well.

Admittedly, I can't think of a way at the moment to turn that into a film with a legitimate cohesive story, but we're just day dreaming, right? :)

Mary Jane in general being poisoned by radioactive semen is an interesting idea.

It should have been a concern for Peter in Spider-Man 3, and it should be something to dwell about in TAS-M 2 with Peter wondering if he can have sex with a woman normally with his powers.

Mary Jane in general being poisoned by radioactive semen is an interesting idea.

It should have been a concern for Peter in Spider-Man 3, and it should be something to dwell about in TAS-M 2 with Peter wondering if he can have sex with a woman normally with his powers.

Mark Millar is only a consultant for the X-Men series, so I doubt they would indulge in his sick ways here. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"