After 5 seasons of mediocrity, Finally Some Quality

when someone is the fan of a sports team (a football, baseball, rugby, soccer/football, cricket... whatever) they watch loyally. If their team is losing on a particular day, do those fans just turn off the game because it sucks? Or do they keep watching with the hope that their team will win?

moreover, let say the said fan's team loses big time. Does their loyalty as a fan stop them from complaining that the team sucks donkey balls? And if that fan's team wins, do they not rejoice aswell.
*laughing hysterically*

Dude. I'm a CUBS fan. 'Nuff said. The very KEY difference in your analogy of watching a Superman TV show and watching a sports team is that I enjoy watching the Cubs even if they do lose (and often SUCK) year after year. I *still* enjoy it, therefore I continue to watch.

as a superman fan, smallville ends up like one of these weekly sporting events. I'm a superman fan, and I want smallville to rule the day. But it hasn't been until this part of the season 6 that the show has produced a consistent streak of good episodes.

I am glad that you are enjoying this season.

So, in conclusion, to all those idiots who continue to cling to the "you don't like it, then don't watch it' slogan, remember that if smallville was as good as most of you represent the show on this board, it would be a show worthy of Emmys in all categories, which it clearly is not.

I think that attitude of Don't Like->Don't Watch is a reasonable one. You certainly can do whatever you want to do however. And we can do the same.

If 'Emmy' worthy is your standard for judging TV shows, then you probably are watching the wrong show.

Dude. I'm a CUBS fan. 'Nuff said. The very KEY difference in your analogy of watching a Superman TV show and watching a sports team is that I enjoy watching the Cubs even if they do lose (and often SUCK) year after year. I *still* enjoy it, therefore I continue to watch.

Yeah, I'm also a Leaf's fan, who have sucked for the better 1/2 of a century now.

anyhow, yeah, it's funny to apply that logic to a superman TV show... but I mean look where we are posting.... and Internet superhero chat board.

And honestly, I'm sure that there are large numbers w/i the smallville audience who watch for the same reasons I do... we starve for anything with the \S/ on it. And we'll watch it, regardless of it's worthiness. However much the distorted setting of Teen Land WB is, we will still watch.

And also, is there anything worse than giving up on a show that has pissed you off, only to find that a week after you stopped watching, it suddenly turned around and became good?

Smallville, is finally worthy again. (crosses fingers until thursday)

Well, Noir confirmed my above suspicion... that the streak was impossible to keep alive. Noir, the last 10 minutes were great... the preceding 30 minutes were absolute nonsense.

I don't understand why they even make episodes like this. The first half of the episode had absolutely nothing to do with the series whatsoever. Yes, it was a nice little metaphor for the show, but God, a halucination that requires 75% of an episode, should have more significance than to just the very episode it occurs in.

Infact, I thought Noir was crap. A total filler episode, that really did nothing, but help to fill the network quota of episodes for the season. Yes, they tried to make it significant with the what, 25 seconds of Luthor manipulation. Obviously not enough to make this fan say that it was good episode. It was redundant filler nonsense.

I would much rather have seen a 30 minute episode of Justice and Doom (ironically, the little commercial break cartoon, feels far more significant than the idiotic plot of the episode (and it only lasted 45 seconds during the commercial break)), with the last 10 minutes of the episode stapled on to the end of the cartoon.

Infact, this whole justice and doom thing reminds me of the Star Wars Prequels, and the Clone War Cartoons. I think it's brilliant when the 'additional media' (ie. Clone wars, or Justice and Doom) upstages it's higher budget, better written (apparently) counterparts (ie. the Prequels, or Smallville).

Hopefully, this garbage episode (except the last 10 minutes) doesn't carry over into the finale episode(s). Because really, Noir was a poor way to finish off the regular season before the finale season begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"