BvS After Credit Scene for BvS: Yay or Nay?

its exactly why i prefer mid credit scenes over end credit scenes

fun story tho: even tho alot of people knew that age of ultron had a mid credit scene but no end credit scene after the film finished and the credits started rolling i was watching the film in BFI imax in london on its opening packed with a lot of people and they all still stayed, and when the film finally finished and there was no end credit scene, half the audience laughed histerically while other were peeved off, even tho having no end credit was disappointing boy oh boy was it funny to see peoples reactions xD

Go on your phone, put in your earbuds and listen to some music...maybe even talk the person next to you. It's like the one part of the movie where no one gives much of a damn about what you do. Just find a way to occupy yourself for all of five minutes lol.
If I do that I'll completely forget about the post credit scene and miss it

well rumor was that DC would do a similar approach to Marvel's after credit stuff, but by ending their movies with cliffhangers. With that said, I'd like to some additional footage to be show mid credits, even if it has nothing to do with setting up the next movie. Think Kingsmen and how they had the extra bar scene mid credits, same idea :)

Put me in the Nay camp for the same reasons as everyone else. Just do it like Batman Begins and call it a day.

Put me in the Nay camp for the same reasons as everyone else. Just do it like Batman Begins and call it a day.
I'm on this boat, too. Chris Nolan already advised Zack he shouldn't do one for MOS, and if he's still overseeing this movie, too, than I'd imagine we'd just get another Batman Begins situation which I'm fine with.
The end of MOS is a bit of a teaser--The Daily Planet and all.

Nolan isn't overseeing BvS so Zack can put one if he wants

Last edited:
Aside from the original Nick Fury teaser from the first Iron Man, I don't think any of the end credits teasers have been good. Most of the time the scene would work fine if it was tacked on to the end of the film proper, but by itself it doesn't have the same impact and is impotent dramatically. They just seem like poorly planned afterthoughts. Unless the scene adds something legitimate to the narrative, why even have one?

It's even worse when the footage wasn't exclusively shot for the film, but instead is either an unpolished clip from another movie (Thor, Ant-Man) or a trailer (Avengers).

Like others have mentioned, if the filmmakers feel the need to tease a future movie, do it like Batman Begins did and have it flow organically from the story.

the majority of people will be expecting one anyway; i say they should include one even if i personally don't care if they do or not.

I'm all for a post-credit scene, detailing possibly to Brainiac.

what i'm baffled by is the fact that were not liking the notion of having extra cool scenes in a film that's completely optional to view, especially since if a small little tidbit of information of BvS appears online it would be the subject of major debate here on SHH showing that we all like extra DC stuff

its extra stuff guys, come on.

I don't mind if there is an after-credits scene. If it's beneficial to continuity/establishing the next chapter in the series, go for it.

I would want it before the credits, but yes an additional scene would be cool. If the only reason is to whine about copying Marvel, just stop :o
You already know thats the only reason why people are voting no

I love after credit scenes, not really sure why everyone is so against them.

I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

They've been around before Marvel Studios came about, but they were a fun but rare treat.

Now with Marvel Studios being a force to be reckoned with, rival studios are trying it out. They're getting worse, especially the tags for 'Origins: Wolverine' and DOFP. Kevin Feige, you've already established the MCU as a big interconnected universe. Let these future movies stand apart without doing a tease for the next movie every single time, or useless comedy bits that aren't worth sitting through 7-10 minutes of credit roll.

It's getting to the point where like half the audience thinks there's a scene after every single blockbuster. People asked me 'if there was an end credit scene' for The Hobbit trilogy, Jurassic World, Gravity, The Hunger Games, TDKR...

Snyder, you did a big favor by not doing a end-credit scene for MOS. Continue that with BvS and JL. Don't be like Marvel.

I'd rather BvS end on a cliffhanger than a post credit scene and I don't like cliffhangers.:funny:

Like i said go the Batman Begins route of doing things.

I don't even bother waiting around for post credits scenes anymore because they just end up online within a couple of days anyway on youtube.

i really want an end credit scene in BvS that shows us Apokolips and a parademon telling darkseid that the anti-life equation is in earth and ends with the words

Darkseid: "prepare for war..."

If people don't want to stay for the after credits scene they can just leave the theater. Simple as that. The rest of us who actually like after credit scenes will be happy to wait a few minutes (oh my god!!!) for some more footage.

If people don't want to stay for the after credits scene they can just leave the theater. Simple as that. The rest of us who actually like after credit scenes will be happy to wait a few minutes (oh my god!!!) for some more footage.

100% agreed :up: :up: :up:

i really want an end credit scene in BvS that shows us Apokolips and a parademon telling darkseid that the anti-life equation is in earth and ends with the words

Oh **** YEAH. I would be so hyped!!!

I admit that's cool but, No.

Darkseid's presence must be in BvS in someway and not just shoehorned in setting up JL.

I say go for it. I don't care if it's copying Marvel. And it really isn't anyway; it's not like Marvel invented the practice. In fact, DC has done post-credits or mid-credits scenes before (Constantine and Green Lantern). Regardless of how you felt about those films, WB/DC wasn't averse to the practice before, and they shouldn't be now, since they are setting up a shared universe. I know they look at the Nolan model as the template for how they should do everything and I understand why. But that doesn't mean that they have to follow it every time.

Never been a big fan of After Credit scenes. I don't usually stay around for them anymore. As others have said I rather the Batman Begins ending approach. Not a big deal either way.

I admit that's cool but, No.

Darkseid's presence must be in BvS in someway and not just shoehorned in setting up JL.

I prefer them to keep Darkseid for later...introduce the related elements first (New Gods and so forth).

Heck, perhaps down the line, they should do a New Gods movie ;)

When Darkseid shows up, it should be Final Crisis like event. They did it bad with Origins*, Darkseid being JL's first threat (shouldn't be that easy to 'beat' Darkseid - conqueror of multiple universes, especially not with an inexperienced team of superheroes).

*Although Johns is making up for that, via Darkseid War.

JL threats:

I would love to see CSA - maybe for JL2. This introduces the concept of other universes - and potentially sets up an Earth 2 movie down the line.

(If WB/DC ever wants to 'abandon' this universe...they can do so...introduce JSA and explore that universe).

Legion of Doom/Injustice League - although that requires quite a lot of setup. Introducing villains first (DC's introducing a lot of villains through SS).

Martian War (akin to Morrison's white martian storyline) - yes, it's an alien threat. But, it's quite different from anything we have seen in CBMs.

Atlantean War - Now, this...I just want to see it for the spectacle. Giant creatures of the sea - Topo, Kraken and so forth)

Interesting ideas bro but it's most likely Darkseid anyway for JL. WB aint passing up the opportunity to do their big bad.

And in 10 years time hopefully we get Crisis on Infinite Earth's movie with the Anti Monitor showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"