Jurassic Park IV - Yay Or Nay?

Eh, they could just go with the ending in the first book.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42999
Johnston's interested in returning.

Harry: Speaking of JURASSIC PARK, are you thinking of heading into that fourth one after this?

Joe Johnston: Well, there is a great story for the fourth one that I would be interested in getting involved with and it’s nothing like the first three. It sort of takes the franchise off in a completely different direction, which is the only way I would want to get involved.

Harry: Another movie about a group of people struggling to survive a dinosaur attack is…

Joe Johnston: We’ve done that and it’s been done three times and I figure it’s…

Harry: Stay away from that island. Don’t go there!

Joe Johnston: Why would anybody go back to that island? It was hard enough to figure out the second and third reason for them to go, but it would take it off in a whole other trilogy basically, but when it gets to that level it’s sort of about studios and Steven’s thing and who knows. I think we are at that point where we are due for another one if we are going to do it. They had what four years between them? 1992… 1996 or 1997, and then 2001, so we are past due. I don’t know, but we will see.

If there even needs to be a sequel it should deal with the destruction of the five islands where any prehistoric life is exterminated in the razing of the island at the end. I don't want a JP 5.

Just please dont have guns.

Come on man...you know it would be awesome. :awesome:

831537-nazidino_super.jpg
Doc%20Dinosaur%20RGB%203_4%20view%20420px.jpg
dinoriders.jpg

:awesome:

Last edited:
Haha, I have no idea. I'll get rid of it. It was a pretty awesome picture though.

Well, at least Johnson knows what he is talking about in terms of the story. I mean yeah, how in the hell will they get them to return to the island for the third time?

But I'm open to anything as long as you don't give the dinosaurs the damn guns.

Why would dinos need guns anyhow? It's just stupid...

The last one was enjoyable but i didn't think it was received as well. I think they should make a 4th that could redeem the series.

He says it's a differnet idea than what we've seen before. But I can't think of anything else different or good.

Maybe it takes place in South America or something? I dont' want it to turn into a survival stupid sy fy movie.

If there even needs to be a sequel it should deal with the destruction of the five islands where any prehistoric life is exterminated in the razing of the island at the end. I don't want a JP 5.
I can go for a Jurassic Park 5 as long as Jurassic Park IV and V deal with the end of the dinosaurs (4 dealing with governments attempting to exterminate them after they spread out beyond their natural habitats and 5 revealing that they're just going to die out anyways without human interference).

Joe Johnston Talks Jurassic Park 4

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Joe-Johnston-Talks-Jurassic-Park-4-15597.html
After chatting about how well the effects from the first film hold up, AICN asks Johnston if JP4 is next on his to-do list. He says “Well, there is a great story for the fourth one that I would be interested in getting involved with, and it’s nothing like the first three. It sort of takes the franchise off in a completely different direction, which is the only way I would want to get involved.” The most logical way to take the franchise in a new direction? Keep people off that damn island, of course. “Why would anybody go back to that island? It was hard enough to figure out the second and third reason for them to go, but it would take it off in a whole other trilogy basically, but when it gets to that level it’s sort of about studios and Steven’s thing and who knows. I think we are at that point where we are due for another one if we are going to do it. They had what four years between them? 1992… 1996 or 1997, and then 2001, so we are past due. I don’t know, but we will see.”

So, if people don't go to the dinosaurs then I guess the dinosaurs would come to the people?

It's impossible for Jurassic Park 4 to be Johnson's next movie since his next movie will be First Avenger: Captain America in 2011.

It'd be cool if there were dinos on the main land, like the 1st books ending.

Raptors, I think?

Possibly Dodson's team or someone could break into Isla Nublar and retrive the embryos and develop the dinos somewhere else.

I don't know, but no matter how you bring old or new characters into these situations, now they'll just look like idiots.

Ugh, don't change too much. We need to get back to the essentials. Here's my story ideal from the other thread:

Matt said:
I say we get back to the essentials. Jurrasic PARK. New company, new characters. Years after the original debacle, a team finally recovers enough samples to create their own dinosaurs. A new company, by lining the right pockets manages to get approval for a zoo. They create a massive INDOOR park, right on the outskirts of Las Vegas (where else would a tourist attraction like real dinosaurs be?) Of course this is not without controversy. There are people who protest the dangerous nature of the park (could be a good opportunity for cameoes to connect the films. Show Alan Grant and/or Ian Malcolm on Larry King speaking out against the new park). There are PETA-extremists protesting the treatment of the dinosaurs (made simply to be shown off), etc. The park, none the less, is a massive success. Of course, that is until one of the protestors sabotage the park's security. The dinosaurs escape from their pens. Of course, being as this happened before, and the park is in the mainland, people are prepared. The Nevada national guard quarantines the park. No one in or out. The movie can focus on a group of survivors trying to avoid the massacre until the dinosaurs die of starvation and they can finally escape, all while on the outside, the world's largest tourist city is at risk of dinosaurs getting free.

I think a city environment would be too gimmicky. I like the idea of another company making a nature reserve, ie large park/wilderness in Africa and not telling anybody about it. Just a huge fence spanning for miles with no explanation as to what it is. It could be in a part of the Amazon. It has been there for a long time and no one knows what it is. The locals say they have seen dinosaurs for generations but scientists think they are tall tales. Come to find out, this is a preserve that Biosyn setup to compete with InGen's island park, doing their own studies.

I like the idea of the dino's somehow escaping the island, but i'd kinda like to mix it with some of JP : Tresspasser's / JP1 (Book) story line. I don't think it would be to shoddy or anything.

Johnston needs to forget Jurassic and focus his full energies on the remaining bits of Wolfman then Captain America...

EXCLUSIVE: 'Captain America' & 'JP4' News

The internet is freaking out that there might be a Jurassic Park IV.
Wow, when did that happen?
November—you mentioned to Ain't It Cool that there might be a good script.
Did I tell him? Was it me?
You said that there was no way to get people back on the island for a fourth time and have it make sense, but that 2001 was the last installment and we're due.
Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three—it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.
A second trilogy?
If you think of the first three as a trilogy, number four would be the beginning of a second trilogy.
That's big. So not to lock you in, but there's a possibility there might be a total of six films?
Well, you never know. If they keep working—and if audiences keep going to them—there's no reason why there wouldn't be. We just want to make them justified in their own right. We don't want to make sequel after sequel just because there's a market for it. We want to tell different, interesting stories. You don't want to just sell hamburger.

All I want from JP 4 is:

The Dinosaurs not to have guns.
The main dinosaur to be again T-REX
To use Animatronics not only CGI
To have at least JP 3 like of story

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member