Jurassic Park IV - Yay Or Nay?

I don't think a reboot is needed, I think we just need a really good sequel.

Yeah, I would agree with this, and if other classic franchises like Indy, Die Hard, Rambo and Terminator can make it to 4, why not the JP one?

I just want more Dino's causing havock. I like th idea of Dawson trying to get his own park up and going.

With today's effects, the movie can be at least visually stunning

they need to have some crazy scientist get ahold of the dino dna and create dino hybrids.

mix a t-rex with a pteradon, picture that thing flying after you

they need to have some crazy scientist get ahold of the dino dna and create dino hybrids.

:woot:

I say bring on another one. Not sure where they could go with another movie, but I'd defintely be checking it out.

I'd much rather see a 'flash forward' where someone does re-create the park, they start bringing tourists etc in, when bam dinosaurs get free'd by animal activists or something.

Nah, it would kind of be a rehash of the first and seem like a ****** sy fy film.

For kicks I started a script for JP4. I'm going with that suggested story I mentioned. Let's see how far i can get before I lose interest.

Nah, it would kind of be a rehash of the first and seem like a ****** sy fy film.

For kicks I started a script for JP4. I'm going with that suggested story I mentioned. Let's see how far i can get before I lose interest.
sy fy?

After spending three films trying to get the dinosaurs to be as believable and accurate as possible, I'd be very upset if they started making monsters.

I like an idea with animal activists as someone else said, have them go to the island to interact with the dinosaurs but things go wrong, and either Grant or Malcom have to go back with some mercenaries to see if they can resuce them.

That is the closest thing I can think to something new but even that sounds a little familiar to the others.

no

it was a compy, if it was a raptor he would have just eaten the midwife when she walked in on it

:facepalm

you guys were right...it's been a while since i've read it though...went all wolverine on it...

Meh, i prefer if Speilburg does Gremlins 3.

I like an idea with animal activists as someone else said, have them go to the island to interact with the dinosaurs but things go wrong, and either Grant or Malcom have to go back with some mercenaries to see if they can resuce them.

That is the closest thing I can think to something new but even that sounds a little familiar to the others.

How about activists stealing dinosaurs sold on the black market to private collectors? You could bring back Vince Vaughn's Nick Van Owen character from TLW as the lead because that's basically what he was; An animal rights extremist of sorts. Maybe they steal these dinosaurs and ship them back to Sorna or something.

I'm sort of bringing back my old idea here, but if scientists were able to clone multiple dinosaur sPecies with cutting edge technology before 1993, it should be-to quote JP3's tagline- a walk in the park now. Kim Jong Il would probably have his own private dinosaur zoo.

Reboot or sequel, they're definitely going to have to up the ante, because modern movie goers are used to seeing things like multiple T-Rexes take on a giant gorilla.

The basic concept was fine back in the day, but by modern standards, it's a bit plain.

If done right and, with the right people and effects used, a Jurassic Park reboot would be great.

I don't think I'd want a reboot... but it'd be cool to see a horror-oriented sequel. No scientists or mercenaries or genetics. You could have a simple set-up like a ship is wrecked on the shores of the island or a plane crashes nearby, and the survivors have to try and survive on the island and find help or something. You could have great visuals of the jungle overtaking what's left of the previous compounds on the island, and the dinosaurs are not just creatures, but seriously terrifying forces on the island. That could be make for a pretty scary film. Barely armed civilians simply trying to survive in the most inhospitable location on the planet, surrounded by all manners of creatures.

Jurassic Park is the one movie I just can't see being rebooted anytime soon.

I wish the word reboot would be flushed down the toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"