Jurassic Park IV - Yay Or Nay?

VenomVsSpidey

Superhero
Reaction score
I personally say reboot (yes, i hate it, but it HAS been almost 10 years since the last one) the franchise and stick closer to the original novels since CGI & Technology has advanced to the point of filming what couldn't be filmed (the river scene, raptor's nest; etc, etc) . yes, it's a sad thing that Michael Crichton is dead, but this is one of the most beloved franchises of all time. what do you guys think? YAY or NAY?

jurassicpark.jpg

the first one was great! no need to redo it.

A reboot? You gotta be ****ing kidding. Honestly the worst idea i've heard all month.

A reboot? You gotta be ****ing kidding. Honestly the worst idea i've heard all month.

well, what would you put in the sequel? and it CANT be worse than the suggestion for shia labouef as spiderman. just...no way...

I think the franchise should just be left alone. no more sequels/prequels/reboots/remakes. just come up with an original idea.

that would be pretty good idea. mike, but honestly, even if it's a direct remake of the first one, i dont care. im just tired of vampires that sparkle being in :cmad: would like to see the idea tat the dinos get off the island, that sounded pretty cool to me.

But but but, I want more Dinosaurs :(

you could have your dinosaurs but I just want it with an original idea. Just like how District 9 did aliens but was still original, do the same with dinosaurs.

I personally say reboot (yes, i hate it, but it HAS been almost 10 years since the last one) the franchise and stick closer to the original novels since CGI & Technology has advanced to the point of filming what couldn't be filmed (the river scene, raptor's nest; etc, etc) . yes, it's a sad thing that Michael Crichton is dead, but this is one of the most beloved franchises of all time. what do you guys think? YAY or NAY?

jurassicpark.jpg

I'm sorry but no more reboots, especially when the first one was so groundbreaking. This is the wrong mentality to have..rebooting everything.

Only if Sam Worthington plays a big doofy looking blue dinosaur!

I'm looking at you Cameron!

I love Jurassic Park, one of my top 10 easily. But, the franchise has grown stale and after reading both Michael Crichton books, I would like to see two movies follow them more closely.

, I would like to see two movies follow them more closely.

^^^

which is what i said! thank you! dont get me wrong, the first is / was an amazing movie, but certain sub-plots were cut-out by speilberg. as opposed to TLW, which i still love, follows the novel a great...15%

I'm sorry but no more reboots, especially when the first one was so groundbreaking. This is the wrong mentality to have..rebooting everything.

i dont want everything rebooted..honestly, this is the qst thing i would like to see started over again..

They aren't going to continue the current franchise and I love the books and dinosaurs so much that I would want to see more films and if that calls for a reboot then so be it. Plus, the movies are so different from the books that two new movies could be very good.

No, wanting to reboot Spider-Man after SM3 came out from some of the fanboys is crazy. Now, they want a reboot after SM4.

that would be pretty good idea. mike, but honestly, even if it's a direct remake of the first one, i dont care. im just tired of vampires that sparkle being in :cmad: would like to see the idea tat the dinos get off the island, that sounded pretty cool to me.
Lol,get over it..Im tired of Vamps having to be sword wielding,sociopaths,but thats another thread :)

No thanks to a reboot and probably no thanks to a 4th installment unless its totally refreshed idea..no raptors please so overly done,use some other dino's and possibly someother timeframe.....MEG shark and someother aquatic-dinos..
Sadthing is if they do one they will follow the current crappy trend and do it in 3-D.

I think that was the whole point of Jurassic Park; to wow you in the story and CGI. But to reboot it now, you've lost what made the original special and what made it tick.

I agree but Spielberg strayed so far form the books that two new movies could be completely different.

It would be like Bond.

but what else can you do with it before we get bored of dinosaurs in general (dont' say attach guns to their bodies)

but what else can you do with it before we get bored of dinosaurs in general (dont' say attach guns to their bodies)
I don't think we will ever get tired of dinosaurs. Kids are fascinated by them and since I loved them when I was a kid, that fascination carried over. Just look at Ice Age 3. That series has nothing to do with dinosaurs but voila! They did it to get butts in seats.

at the same time, Land Before Time had like 7 sequels. It got to the point where people forgot that the original one was actually pretty damn good.

I loved Land Before Time! Anyways, it got bad because they ****ed it out. That would be like making JP5.

Rebooting and being more faithful to the book would be different and I do think it could work. Have your read either book?

i've read the first book. Where the nice old owner of the park from the movie turns out to be a greedy mean geezer!

And gets eaten by compys! Muldoon was also ****ing awesome but in the movie he was a chump:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"