Agatha Christie's 'Death on the Nile'

Very excited that Gal Gadot is the first cast member in this movie.

This movie is about a love triangle and Gadot is playing Linnet Doyle.

Her character is kind of like the female version of Johnny Depp's character in "Murder on the Orient Express".

They cast
cast an A-list actor/actress Johnny Depp/Gal Gadot , only to have them killed in the middle of the movie. Something like Drew Barrymore in Scream

While Gal Gadot's Linnet Doyle may be considered the lead character in this movie, unfortunately
she won't have much screentime. But hey, at least her character is not the villain in the movie.

Yeah. I like the choices so far. Any word who is going for Jacqueline de Bellefort ??? That is kinda the third big part - maybe the most important one out of the three. Though given the Orient, I'm expecting a star studded cast all around. I only wish someone else played Poirot, I'm really not a fan of Branagh's take on the character.

Sounds really interesting, I have a weird feeling they felt they had to do the last one to get to this one. I can’t wait to see gal in this

Armie Hammer has got to be playing the role of Simon Doyle, the man in the love triangle, caught between two women, Linnet Doyle ( Gal Gadot) and Jacqueline.

I wonder who will they cast for the role of Jacqueline. She is a very important character.

Anyway, this is a very tragic love triangle story and I'm really looking forward to it next year.

I somehow missed that Gal Gadot would be in this. That is awesome.

Read 3 posts up for potential Jacqueline.

Thanks. I have never heard of Jodie Cormer. Good luck to her.

Whoever they cast for the role of Jacqueline, I hope the actress can pull it off.

She is the second lead on Killing Eve. It's a pretty meaty role, a psycho contract killer who becomes obsessed with an MI5 agent going after her, played by Sandra Oh. She is kinda too attractive for Jacqueline, but if they make Gal super glamorous and her kinda bookish, she could work nicely. She is a pretty talented actress.

Sounds really interesting, I have a weird feeling they felt they had to do the last one to get to this one. I can’t wait to see gal in this
Murder on the Orient Express is the most famour Poirot story, arguably Agatha Christie's most famous story, period, so it was the natural one to launch a potential Poirot movie franchise. Death on the Nile is the natural follow up as well as it and Evil Under the Sun are probably the next most famous Poirot stories

Interesting, I wonder why. :hmm

The October date is interesting in that I think they'll play up the horror aspect of the novel. Anyone who's read the book - or seen the 1978 movie - will know the story is kind of a slasher film-Agatha Christie style. Think of Scream set in the 1930s.

The October date is interesting in that I think they'll play up the horror aspect of the novel. Anyone who's read the book - or seen the 1978 movie - will know the story is kind of a slasher film-Agatha Christie style. Think of Scream set in the 1930s.
That's an interesting comparison.

Branagh is also directing Disney's Artemis Fowl and it comes out on 9th August, 2019. I guess Branagh/Disney execs prioritized it over DOTN.
Poirot seems a passion project for Branagh so I imagine if the studio want Fowl to be the priority then he wont rock the boat.

Poirot seems a passion project for Branagh so I imagine if the studio want Fowl to be the priority then he wont rock the boat.

DOTN started out as a Fox movie but the new release date makes it a Disney movie and I think Disney execs want Branagh to have more time during the post-production of DOTN.

Gee what a cast! I’m gagging. This will be the first non comic book/geek property I’ll be looking forward to in ages

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"