Agatha Christie's 'Death on the Nile'

gal-gadot-death-on-the-nile-promos-2021-1.jpg
gal-gadot-death-on-the-nile-promos-2021-0.jpg

Glad this is, so far, still getting a theatrical release next September.

I’d love to see Evil Under the Sun next.

Unfortunately, Death on the Nile has been pushed out.........again

'Black Widow,' 'Cruella' to Debut on Disney Plus and in Theaters - Variety

Numerous smaller titles, mostly those inherited from 20th Century, have been postponed but will bow solely on the big screen, including “Free Guy” (Aug. 13), “The King’s Man”(Dec. 22), “Deep Water” (Jan. 14, 2022) and “Death on the Nile” (Feb. 11, 2022).

I've seen some speculate that it's not just the unsure nature of theaters this year, but that Armie Hammer's recent....err.... issues may have also prompted this (could we see an edit of the film with him in a reduced role or will they recast and reshoot all his elements?). For me, I could understand Hammer's involvement resulting in a delay as they try to figure out what to do about him. If, however, that's NOT a reason for the delay, then I'm just plain annoyed. :oldrazz:

My mom ( :hrt: ) was a lover of all things Agatha Christie and Poirot, I grew up with her reading one book or another and her watching the David Suchet series. She loved the new Murder on the Orient Express movie when it came out, and was looking forward to Death on the Nile when it had it's original release dates in 2019 - and even the push to 2020. Some of you know, that we lost my mom last fall, so no matter what, watching this movie for my family is going to be very bitter sweet. But I want it to come out, I want to see it, so they need to stop pushing it out :oldrazz:.

Changing the movie that's already been filmed due to offscreen issues would be annoying and I hope they don't do that.

Changing the movie that's already been filmed due to offscreen issues would be annoying and I hope they don't do that.

Didn't they do that a while ago with a Ridley Scott movie where the actor was involved in some scandal?

Didn't they do that a while ago with a Ridley Scott movie where the actor was involved in some scandal?
Yeah. It was stupid then, and it'd be stupid to do it now. Having said that, Plummer was a massive improvement in All the Money in the World. Spacey looked awful in the original footage.

It would be pretty hard to reshoot Hammer’s part as it would require most of the cast to return. He’s pretty essential.

Also

He’s one of the killers. Don’t know if that’s a positive thing to market or not lol

So this comes out in less than three months. I expected a new trailer to come out since the last one was over a year ago!

I don’t envy how they’re going to market it. I hope they don’t dump it. Kenneth Branagh is having a good month with Belfast.

So this comes out in less than three months. I expected a new trailer to come out since the last one was over a year ago!

I don’t envy how they’re going to market it. I hope they don’t dump it. Kenneth Branagh is having a good month with Belfast.
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how they approach Hammer's involvement. But yeah, I hope it overcomes the setbacks, because I really want Branagh to be able to keep making these.

I didnt notice you have Armie Hammer and Letitia Wright in this.
Twitter will eat this picture alive. :D

Ryan Gosling’s sex doll in Lars has more range than Gadot.

And it's probably nowhere near their level of controversy anymore, but Gadot received backlash too, after comments about Gaza in May.

looks ok. I‘ll watch it on Disney+, when it gets released there

I'll be there to see it, because I want more Branagh/Poirot movies. But I laughed out loud watching them jump through hoops in the new trailer to hide that Armie Hammer is in the movie. This is going to be one heck of a press tour.

Last edited:
I don't really care about the Arnie Hammer situation. I love Agatha Christie, love the book, and I'm still excited to see the movie. I want more of these adaptations.

I thought the first one was fine enough, but this doesn't look good in the slightest.

I'll be there to see it, because I want more Branagh/Poirot movies. But I laughed out loud watching them jump through hoops in the new trailer to hide that Armie Hammer in the movie. This is going to be one heck of a press tour.
They had to hide him and have to worry about the anti-vaxxer. Press for this flick is going to be amazing, when someone can't get back to the US to do it because their bigoted preacher taught them that vaccines are the Devil's juice is only second on the agenda of issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"