Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x18 - "No Regrets" - Discussion Thread

Yes, it is relatively quick but makes sense (to the extent we are talking of TV series). Please note that she is brainwashed - not changed. "Coming back" of the original regret simply enabled the old May to resurface -at least in terms what it right and what is wrong.

Love this season. Frankly, I've loved this show since the Hydra turn in season 1.

They've consistently provided quality entertainment since then.

I wish they could keep Tripp on the show, but oh well. Though, I totally believe we're going to see the return of Grant Ward as an LMD.

The way he was in the framework he was sort off a different character. gritty voice, mans man, not caring about the ratings.

"That's not what I meant you sadistic *****"

Best part of the episode

He got what he deserved here

I kind of chuckled at the Elizabeth Warren reference. I can imagine that infuriating right wing political folks though, so I'm surprised that they went there and kind of linked the Republican party to a tyrannical Hydra.

Ironic since it's the liberal left acting like Hydra bullies and using intimidation and mindless hate-filled referendums in reality.

Anyway daddy issues aside, all it would take is one overtly sexy text from Jemma (with photo) to snap Fitz back to his non-evil self. Problem solved...

Ironic since it's the liberal left acting like Hydra bullies and using intimidation and mindless hate-filled referendums in reality.

Yep, the science-hating, fact-altering, race-bating, he-men women-haters of the alt-right are the real heroes.

Why right-wing? Totalitarian states are more less similar when it comes to way they rule - actually difference between 3rd Reich and Soviet Union was very small: mostly in words...

Why right-wing? Totalitarian states are more less similar when it comes to way they rule - actually difference between 3rd Reich and Soviet Union was very small: mostly in words...

Pretty simple...the show used the recent words of a Republican Congressman towards a Democrat Congresswoman (in reference to her opposition to a Republican pick for Attorney General) from Fitz about Skye. Not the Soviet Union or the 3rd Reich...but the 2017 Republican Party.

I'll edit to say that I'm not getting involved in the political opinions here...I am perfectly capable of enjoying entertainment from artists who promote radically different political viewpoints of my own and I dont need for artists I enjoy to publicly promote my preferred stances...I'm just saying that I found it interesting that the show was willing to go there.

Skye has finally gotten her powers back. I hope she can make a speedy escape. Sad to see Mace die, but at least he went out a hero. Nice to see Tripp back. Won't he wonder how all these people know him?

So I guess Fitz will be the last one to be rescued from the framework. But can't AIDA just kill them off in the real world or reprogram them again so that they enter a new virtual reality and have to go through the learning process all over again?

I'm not sure how Ward could really come back though, since there isn't an LMD body built for him. If he did escape the framework, where is his consciousness going to go into?

Skye has finally gotten her powers back. I hope she can make a speedy escape. Sad to see Mace die, but at least he went out a hero. Nice to see Tripp back. Won't he wonder how all these people know him?

So I guess Fitz will be the last one to be rescued from the framework. But can't AIDA just kill them off in the real world or reprogram them again so that they enter a new virtual reality and have to go through the learning process all over again?

I'm not sure how Ward could really come back though, since there isn't an LMD body built for him. If he did escape the framework, where is his consciousness going to go into?

That Ward is not a real ward, but build off the memories of everyone (I think).

I'd laugh like crazy if Ward's Framework files were uploaded into a look alike robot body and he became Wonder Man. I think I read somewhere that Nathan Fillion has already been cast as Simon Williams though.

What if everyone came back to the real world with their framework personalities intact? Or if these are now the default memories which have overwritten the real ones? Since Fitz was raised by his father rather than his mother, what if he comes back to the real world as a colder and crueler Fitz whom Jemma can't be around?

That Ward is not a real ward, but build off the memories of everyone (I think).

I know he's not a real Ward, but if he were to somehow survive the framework and cross over to the real world, he doesn't have a body to go to if they were to return. There are only a limited number of bodies, unless somehow he went into Mace's body (although that has already been unplugged).

There are only a limited number of bodies

Are there really though? :o
daisy-johnson-quake-lmds-agents-of-shield-236319.jpg

Are there really though? :o
daisy-johnson-quake-lmds-agents-of-shield-236319.jpg

Real bodies. Those are all replica bodies.

If Ward were to get transplanted into a spare Daisy body, he'd end up playing with her boobs all the time. :o

I'm bummed that May is suddenly anti-Hydra...it's not really acceptable that she was that high in the organization yet was unaware of what they did to kids. I even think it'd be cool if the team decided that they had to kill May in order to save everyone else in the real world.

I think it was made obvious in this episode that AIDA has been more proactive in shaping the reality in the framework than what she claims. It's not just "one regret" that she takes away, as she keeps claiming. She is constantly making sure things happen to strengthen her hold on this world. It's obvious she has made it so May is only aware of "the good" that Hydra does.
It's also possible that having so many other real people near her at the same time, Mace, Coulson, Jemma, also triggered some of her memories.

I think it was made obvious in this episode that AIDA has been more proactive in shaping the reality in the framework than what she claims. It's not just "one regret" that she takes away, as she keeps claiming. She is constantly making sure things happen to strengthen her hold on this world. It's obvious she has made it so May is only aware of "the good" that Hydra does.
It's also possible that having so many other real people near her at the same time, Mace, Coulson, Jemma, also triggered some of her memories.

Having seen the previous episodes...no...I refuse to believe that May thinks that Hydra is a bunch of good guys. She knew what they did...and there's zero reason to think that she wasn't aware of what they do to kids...until the plot needed for her to suddenly question Hydra.

And this episode also made it clear that Aida is removing the regret and letting the world play out from that regret...but when adding someone new to the framework, they may have to reset stuff back to that person's regret...if it would have a butterfly effect on the world...and of course she is a "real" person in the Framework, so she can influence people through interactions.

Im confused in what scene did Daisy get her powers back or is that next week ?

Having seen the previous episodes...no...I refuse to believe that May thinks that Hydra is a bunch of good guys. She knew what they did...and there's zero reason to think that she wasn't aware of what they do to kids...until the plot needed for her to suddenly question Hydra.

And this episode also made it clear that Aida is removing the regret and letting the world play out from that regret...but when adding someone new to the framework, they may have to reset stuff back to that person's regret...if it would have a butterfly effect on the world...and of course she is a "real" person in the Framework, so she can influence people through interactions.

He went hydra when an inhuman she let go killed over 200 people. Defining moment for her. Inhumans bad stop them by giving all for hydra for the common good.

defining moment for her this episode was being ordered to deliberately fire on a building with kids in it. Being under orders to kill on sight an inhuman who when she had him in her sights was is the process of saving a kids life while everyone around her was saying don't be a dick he is saving a life.

Inhumans can be bad and good is hydra needed for the common good, does hydra stand in the way of the common good.

Think its the best way for her to turn. Respect for her story in the frame work as quick as it is. If she had of looked into coulsons eyes and remembered everything it would have done a disservice to a character that lives by codes and principles. That might work for fitz and simons but not may. Not that you suggested it but in terms of legitimate paths back to the right way.

I'm sure he didn't anticipate people murdering each other in his frame work.

What a great episode. Seeing Tripp back was a huge thrill, he was (and still is) my favorite addition to the cast and I hope we get a few more episodes out of him.
And I legitimately almost teared up at the end with the Patriot. Didn't realize how much I liked that character until he was killed.

But I have some questions here....

1. The Patriot knew he was sacrificing himself for some virtual kids, but did he explicitly know that sacrificing himself would kill him in the real world? Bold move, but I respect it. It worked for me.

2. May throwing down the terrigen crystal and allowing Daisy to get her powers.... don't humans die when they come into contact with the mist? That seemed like a break in continuity.

2. May throwing down the terrigen crystal and allowing Daisy to get her powers.... don't humans die when they come into contact with the mist? That seemed like a break in continuity.

Pure terrigen crystal has no impact on humans. The terrigen that killed folks in season 2 were mixed with Diviner metal which rendered it deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"