Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x18 - "No Regrets" - Discussion Thread

If Aida is the god of the framework, why would she create algorithm/personalities that could be a threat to her? And why couldn't she use her godlike powers to re-write or destroy any rogue algorithm/personalities?

Also why did she want to know where to find Daisy's RL location, when she could just kill her in the framework and be done with Daisy for good?

If Aida is the god of the framework, why would she create algorithm/personalities that could be a threat to her? And why couldn't she use her godlike powers to re-write or destroy any rogue algorithm/personalities?

Also why did she want to know where to find Daisy's RL location, when she could just kill her in the framework and be done with Daisy for good?

I think she wants to control Daisy too? I'm not sure. This story line is so inconsistent.

just one thing said:
iam confused about dead being dead in the framework. Taught radcliff built it so consciousness could live for ever.

I seem to recall that too, yes. But then he seemed to settle for having a long, happy life or something like that (I think he told the woman his girlfriend). I don't know why. Maybe that's the best he managed.

Asharad said:
She's the god of the framework in the sense she can change things here and there when she chooses to, i.e., she can suspend some of the rules temporarily, do "miracles", etc.
However, that does not imply she controls or can predict everything that happens in the framework. It seems clear to me that she doesn't.
Suppose, for example, that a programmer makes a simulation to figure out how, say, the merging of galaxies is likely to happen, or how a virus is likely to spread, etc. They can set the parameters, run the simulation, and see the result. But they can't see in advance what's going to happen. They can introduce changes and re-run things, trying to make things go in their direction. But still they can't predict what will happen with accuracy.
The same would happen even if the programmer were a computer, as long as the simulation is complex enough.
Another example: when programmers make, say, a program to play Go and defeat the best human players, they still don't know in advanced how good the AI will get or how quickly. They have an idea of what they have to do, how to adjust and improve things, etc., but the learning algorithms do much of their work on their own.

Granted, Marvel stuff plays by different rules in many cases. But there is no need to assume that it will be different in the sense that Aida will know everything in advance, and I think she doesn't. When she doesn't like what's happening, she can intervene in a god-like way, change things and try again, but still, she can't predict everything. Apparently, she also cannot run trillions of simulations in a second or things like that, but that part is not so clear.

Moreover, she still in part has the motivations she was given by her original programming. She wants to protect the framework, as a better world. So, she tries to improve it (from her perspective), but still wants human behavior in the framework. For example, killing all humans (i.e., framework humans, but I think they're pretty much the same as other humans) and making only robots would not do.

Asharad said:
I don't know. Maybe she does not want others to find a way inside the framework, so she wants to neutralize any tech that allows that.

Are there really though? :o
daisy-johnson-quake-lmds-agents-of-shield-236319.jpg

YES! Give me an LMD Ward, and LMD Trip!

I hadn't realized how much I missed "Good Guy" Grant Ward.

It would be nice to get good Ward again, but with all the knowledge that the others have of what he did in previous seasons, and with him also knowing what his real life counterpart is supposed to have done. He might be trying to atone for those actions. He'd be a much richer character than the bland, by-the-book Ward of early season 1.

God no, no more Ward. Can't we just take Tripp? :funny:

I know he's not a real Ward, but if he were to somehow survive the framework and cross over to the real world, he doesn't have a body to go to if they were to return. There are only a limited number of bodies, unless somehow he went into Mace's body (although that has already been unplugged).

oooooo I like that idea! That'd be a very interesting way to have him back for Season 5!

oooooo I like that idea! That'd be a very interesting way to have him back for Season 5!

Well he wouldn't really be back though, because then it wouldn't be Brett Dalton playing the role but Jeffrey Mace (I can't remember what the actor's name is, so I'll just call him that).

I LOVED seeing Tripp again! That was the highlight for me. Mace is so boring that I felt nothing about his sacrifice.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with this arc though, I just want it to be over and for Fitz and Simmons to love each other again.
I've been wondering. If they need a live BRAIN for the Hydra world, wouldn't that mean Tripp is ALIVE?

^ I don't think everyone in there is a real person, some of them are probably recreated from memories of the people who are "plugged in" to make the world seem more realistic to them (I mean Ward is there)

or like she said she gave everyone that one "regret moment" maybe someone who is plugged in, regrets his death

^ I don't think everyone in there is a real person, some of them are probably recreated from memories of the people who are "plugged in" to make the world seem more realistic to them (I mean Ward is there)

or like she said she gave everyone that one "regret moment" maybe someone who is plugged in, regrets his death
Pretty sure most of the main Shield Agent regret Tripp's death. Most of all Daisy since he was in the Chamber during her change

GODS I missed you guys!!! lol MAN I wish there was free internet EVERYWHERE

Just go to Starbucks every day Vartha.
We're worth it. :p

lol I don't think I've ever purposely gone to Starbucks....I can buy a pound of Coffee for what they charge for a cup lol I do go to a wellness center or Barnes & Noble tho lol

If you want to feel like you're worth it, start using L'Oreal.

Well, it's like your internet: hair today, gone tomorrow. :o

lol I think if we allow all these companies to "watch us" we should get FREE internet. It's really no different than free tv lol

Probably the best episode in the framework. Really wish they'd hurry and get out though, it's getting a bit old.

Vartha said:
I've been wondering. If they need a live BRAIN for the Hydra world, wouldn't that mean Tripp is ALIVE?
I don't think know need a live brain. Radcliffe doesn't have one. Agnes didn't have one. And Aida has a computer-brain, but then, the simulation runs on computers, so if a computer brain is sufficient for her, I don't see why that would not work for others, as long as there is enough computing power.

Probably the best episode in the framework. Really wish they'd hurry and get out though, it's getting a bit old.

It's the third arc of the season. They probably won't get out until the last episode.

It's the third arc of the season. They probably won't get out until the last episode.

Maybe not until the penultimate episode. They still have to deal with AIDA in the real world and stop her, otherwise what's to prevent her from doing this again or creating more replacement bodies for people?

What would be cool is if Ghost Rider appeared in the final episode of the season to purge AIDA of all the darkness she absorbed from the Darkhold. It would tie back into the first part of the season and bring things full circle.

Wait, did the security guard at the gate say "eh?" to Coulson and he says "Right back at'cha?". What the hell was that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"