Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the plots here in AOS seem like they could be building towards Civil War, particularly this whole speech at the start about putting their trust in SHIELD and wanting to regulate them now..

Maybe the cast could feature in Cap 3 where it would be quite natural for them to fit in. Talbot certainly seems like someone who would work in that movie.

Is Marcus Scarlatti meant to be another version of Whiplash here? Apart from his obvious name which is almost the proper comic version of his name, in his fight with May he was wielding something very like a whip, only it wasn't electrical.

If Coulson and the team were to be in Civil War, Stark, Rogers, Romanoff and Barton would have to know he's still alive and they don't know that yet.

They can easily change that. They can't go through the whole of the movies thinking Coulson is dead.

Decent ep this week, liked the stuff between Bobbi and Hunter, and Dekay is a great bit of casting as Ward's brother, not sure which of them to believe but Ward is now free!

Ward couldn't have stayed locked up for too long anyway, otherwise his role is rather limited each week.

yeah I was getting tired of him just staying locked up. get on with it already.

Hopefully they don't have Ward be recaptured by Hydra, resulting in Bakshi saying a million times to him "you will comply."

I think he's gonna go out on his own, helping SHIELD(and by SHIELD I mean Skye) whenever he can.

As far as him and his brother...they're probably both right.

Some of the plots here in AOS seem like they could be building towards Civil War, particularly this whole speech at the start about putting their trust in SHIELD and wanting to regulate them now..

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Even if it's not a direct connection to Civil War, it certainly helps to establish the themes and motifs associated with the Civil War storyline.

Is Marcus Scarlatti meant to be another version of Whiplash here? Apart from his obvious name which is almost the proper comic version of his name, in his fight with May he was wielding something very like a whip, only it wasn't electrical.

Yes indeed, the MCU Scarlotti was definitely another adaptation of Whiplash/Blacklash. It's nice to see another nod to another Marvel villain.

They did show a glimpse of the test tube Kree in the promo so I hope they come back from the break with more answers than questions!

Screencaps from the next episode Part 1

1414660927-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m10s202.png

1414660926-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m14s236.png

1414660926-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m17s17.png

1414660927-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m20s47.png

1414660927-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m23s77.png

1414660927-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m25s106.png

1414660928-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m28s130.png

1414660929-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m30s151.png

1414660929-vlcsnap-2014-10-30-10h19m33s178.png

They can easily change that. They can't go through the whole of the movies thinking Coulson is dead.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if, as far as the movies are concerned, Phil Coulson is still dead. They might have decided the character has served his usefulness. After all, SHIELD's no longer necessary for there to be superheroes.

Well, they don't want to regulate them now, they want to eliminate them. But I do agree that the same tendencies that will lead to the regulation of superheroes through a draconian law is present in those thoughts. Whether it's deliberate or a coincidence is uncertain, but it's at least a happy coincidence.

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if, as far as the movies are concerned, Phil Coulson is still dead. They might have decided the character has served his usefulness. After all, SHIELD's no longer necessary for there to be superheroes.

Well, we'll see. The moment the movies start using characters from the TV series then these will definitely be properly connected. At the moment AOS still exists in its own little pocket universe. They should all be interconnected though. That's what I liked about the Star Trek TNG films with how characters from the TV series could sometimes show up like Barclay, the EMH or Janeway.

On a different note, who was the guy getting the Kree tattoos at the end?

On a different note, who was the guy getting the Kree tattoos at the end?

My best guess is another recipient of the serum (another dead agent presumably) who had their memory scrubbed like Coulson to stop them going mad.

We have thought Phil was the only 'survivor' of the treatment before the GH was blown up, but I don't they said that was the case? Could have been someone before or after Phil was brought back who'd had the same brain op done to them. The guy says he is having the tattoos done to help him 'remember' so it looks like that's the case.

I would really REALLY be bummed out if they don't even mention Coulson in AoU. Coulson is the new director of SHIELD, small SHIELD granted, but SHIELD nonetheless. It would be stupid and u huge plot hole that SHIELD doesnt get involved in AoU, even in a small way, somehow.

MVXryzn.jpg

HYDRA gives Coulson a swirlie on the next exciting episode of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD!

MVXryzn.jpg

HYDRA gives Coulson a swirlie on the next exciting episode of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD!

Coulson better watch out. If he hits his head on the toilet and then comes to, he'll end up inventing the flux capacitor. :oldrazz:

Definitely felt good to see SHIELD and HYDRA designated as seperate entities. Was getting old them trying to maintain they were the same.

Awesome episode, did anyone see if the viewing figs went up?

Definitely felt good to see SHIELD and HYDRA designated as seperate entities. Was getting old them trying to maintain they were the same.

Awesome episode, did anyone see if the viewing figs went up?
Episode 6 was up .1 from last week (a 1.7 compared to last week's 1.6), with approx. 4.44 million viewers

From what I gather from Episode 6.......Coulson seem to be have recruited or already bring in more manpower to the base........we now see SHIELD has a strike team assemble which did not show up in the first 5 episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"