Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 4

Discussion in 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' started by Thread Manager, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Would not doubt it. The Coke building over looks a valley lol

2. Vartha Mod of Thunder

3. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

I'm so freaking excited for tonight's episode! I can't wait to have my mind blown!!!

4. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Tonight is going to be incredible. Getting prepared to have my mind blown.

:exp:

On an unrelated note to the events of tonight's episode, but related to the show in general. What I would like to see in a future episode is Bobbi wearing a more classic version of her Mockingbird costume during one episode. Now I realize her classic Mockingbird costume is probably not practical for most missions and would look out of place, but I was thinking it would make a perfect costume if she was infiltrating a Masquerade party. I mean I think about all the scenes we have had so far where S.H.I.E.L.D. members have infiltrated parties, like there was one just a couple weeks back with May & Coulson doing some ball room dancing. So, to me it wouldn't seem hard to believe there will be S.H.I.E.L.D members crashing future parties, and I just thought Mockingbirds classic costume would be a perfect fit for a Masquerade party, and it would be a way to do a nod to the costume without it seeming out of place.

[​IMG]

Anyways, just a thought.

Surfer

#979 Surfer, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  5. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't think it even needs to be a masquerade party. That should just be her regular costume or even the one like this:

[​IMG]

Her one one SHIELD doesn't even look like a costume. It's barely distinguishable at all from a regular SHIELD jumpsuit and I bet anyone watching who doesn't know who she is would never guess that she's meant to be wearing a costume whatsoever. She doesn't even wear that half the time, and she barely uses her staves either.

I think even the Canary costume on Arrow looked more distinctive.

6. Heretic Registered

The costume in Dark Raven's post is what we should see on the show. It should look mostly like a SHIELD costume, but with the white added to show that she is unique and special. How do you sell toys of a bunch of characters wearing the same outfit? I hear that white doesn't work on tv...um...what??? Heck, you cant give us even a white shirt under a black jacket??? Coulson wears a white shirt under a jacket, so whats the problem?

7. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

When Bobbi was walking around with Coulson last week, she had a blue shirt over a white top. The white top looked fine, and the whole thing looked reminiscent of her classic costume. I can't believe that white can't work on film. What about all these hundreds of others movies or TV series where someone has worn white? I don't think white would ever look bad. It's a classic colour.

Soon we're going to hear that films/ TV shows can't show wedding gowns because white doesn't work on film. :o

8. HunBoy Captain Hungary

9. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

I agree, but I also feel like the costume she wore in like 2 episodes so far is their version of that costume you have shown above. I think if they added the white, and the mask it would complete the look. However, it seems like they felt the white looked out of place. Perhaps because it doesn't look stealthy enough. Which is why I suggested a Masquerade party as a option. It would allow for a Mask and for her to wear something that would stand out without it looking out of place. Don't get me wrong though, I like the option you have shown above even better, but
    I just don't know if they feel she would seem out of place with that look.

Surfer

10. cph9fa Registered

Just guessing here, but I think it's not just white per se, but white on a tightly-fitting tactical suit. Any wrinkles in the material are going to be much more visible due to greater contrast in shadows, and that would degrade the appearance. Wrinkles are no problem in civilian clothing, since you expect to see them. (Again, this is just my guess of what's going on)

11. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

you don't. Agents of SHIELD won't be getting action-figures or toys. now, we are getting a Toys R Us Exclusive SHIELD 3 pack box set, but they're all Avengers movie shield agents (Fury, Hill, and Coulson)

but no.. there are no plans of "Agents of SHIELD" toys

also.. typically speaking, TV show toys (other than children's shows) haven't sold so well in the last 10-15 years. Heroes and Smallville toy lines are examples of that... Heroes was line was canceled even before the show got awful, Smallville was a short minor and exclusive run...

"breaking bad" is even debatable.. their toys are more limited too

other than maybe some Pop Vinyl or Mini-Mate's type of stuff, i don't see Agents of SHIELD getting a real "toy" line

The only modern TV shows who i think of had a moderately successful merchandising line have been maybe... The Big Bang Theory, Buffy (which is next to dead now), The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones

#986 spideyboy_1111, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  12. marcvader Lurker #1

13. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Exactly! Also, when you think of tactical suits you think either the Military or Police, and their suits are always dark, so they can blend into the shadows or just be plain invisible in the middle of the night. So, it is not about white as a color, but instead whether white works with the situation.

Surfer

14. Heretic Registered

This is Disney...it's idiotic for them to not try to maximize the toys etc that can come from their IPs.

15. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

agrees. I don't think Superhero Shield Agents should receive "superhero costumes" util they hit that status.. so until she plays with the big boys.. i wouldn't want her looking flashy.

16. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

no, it's actually hasbro (you clearly don't understand how the merchandising industry works). *read the edited post* TV show toys don't typically sell well....

and most of the ones i listed... are limited adult collector lines only sold in places like Sam Goody/Suncoast, Hot Topic, and Comic Stores (sometimes the small adult collector aisle in toys r us).... the money isn't in this line unfortunately... not yet anyway

17. Heretic Registered

I find it hard to believe that Mockingbird, the character from the comic would be a reasonable toy to make, but Mockingbird, the character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, is a character far too risky to make.

Although...I dont guess Mockingbird's ever been the the biggest toy idea...

18. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

hell, even supernatural, while they have some merchandising, knows that the figures of Sam and Dean probably wouldn't sell that well... which is why the closest thing we've got to them are Pop Vinyl figures...

Plastic is an expensive buisness these days.. people arn't going to pay $20 a piece for a Ward, Skye, Simmon, Fitz or May figure

19. marcvader Lurker #1

I agree. Her wearing a more accurate comic look would really stick out in this show as well.

20. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Well I wouldn't mind her looking flashy, I just think it needs to be an appropriate setting and use. So to me it can be either like you suggest waiting until she joins up with the likes of other Superheroes or you can have an episode like I suggested where she infiltrates a Masquerade party filled with Hydra members. Lets say so she can get some intel relevant to the episode at hand and allowing her the opportunity to kick all kinds of @$$ in a more classic looking costume without looking out of place.

Surfer

21. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

as a long time Marvel Legends collector... Comic Mocking Bird has never been made in 6inch form (though she was i believe given a 3.5in figure). She's on collectors most wanted, but in comic form. Female figures don't typically sell great and are short packed because of this... and Movie 6in figures don't even typically sell that well either... so a TV female will most certainly sell even less.

I think Comic Mocking Bird can't be too far off... we are getting Machine Man and Hellcat next year in the Avengers Legends line.... so if they're dipping into obscurity she can't be too far behind...

Mocking Bird, Enchantress, Sif, and Polaris easily take the top 4 spots of most wanted figures that have yet to be made in 6in form...

it's crazy to think we have Madame Masque, Satana, and Viper before those 4

22. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

That is also the reason why I suggested this look as opposed to the tactical one, because it looks more like an intentional costume that perhaps you would find at a costume or Masquerade party, therefore not looking as out of place in that specific situation.

[​IMG]

Surfer

23. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

to be fair and quite honest... Masquerade parties are pretty damn dated.. so unless they're going to the historic, annually held masquerade ball in Venice.. that's about the only way that would fit in... unless they want to have more fun with it and do Halloween or Mardi Gras/Carnivale

24. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

25. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

it's also pretty much common knowledge these days that spies don't want to be seen, so White (unless they travel to the artic tundra) doesn't make sense tactically....

Now... Superheroes, like the Avengers.. are very very public, they're flashy, and they want the public to know who they are... this is why you can have much more fun with their designs. Which is why i say Mocking Bird shouldn't get a comic looking tactical costume until then.

i'm fine with nods to it, or a one - off episode or reference.. but she shouldn't have it full time right now. She's still going through an origin story so to speak, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.