Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately CTV will not be showing Marvel 75th Anniversary instead they are playing the Hunger games instead!

Ahahahahahahahahaha

thats why I switched to Roku + Fibersat

No more ****** expensive and restricted Canadian cable and ****ing CRTC

tumblr_naeh6ogVwq1r7tju8o1_250.gif

Ya people complaining about 2 weeks are just kind of being anal.

This is my guess on how the schedule breaks down for the rest of the year

Ep 9- Dec 2nd
Ep 10- Dec 9th
Ep 11- Dec 16th
2 Week Holiday Break
Agent Carter
Ep 1- Jan 6
Ep 2- Jan 13
Ep 3- Jan 20
Ep 4- Jan 27
Ep 5- Feb 4
Ep 6- Feb 11
Ep 7- Feb 18
Ep 8- Feb 24
AoS
Ep 12- March 3
Ep 13- March 10
Ep 14- March 17
Ep 15- March 24
Ep 16- March 31
Ep 17- April 7
Ep 18- April 14
Ep 19- April 21
Ep 20- April 28
Ep 21- May 5
Ep 22- May 12

Zero breaks in the 2nd half of the season.

If my above guess is correct it would put AoS at 12 weeks off for the season. Last year was 12 weeks off it's just that the 2nd half was so poorly scheduled. There was more weeks off between December and April than there was episodes, 11 weeks off and only 6 new episodes in 4 months is just terrible scheduling.
There *might* be a week break for Agent Carter in January if there's a State of the Union address on the 20th or the 27th.

Agent Carter is 6 episodes from what i understand. that = 6 weeks so Shield likely wont be back in january
Everything I've read has indicated Agent Carter is 8 episodes (http://www.thewrap.com/hayley-atwell-marvel-agent-carter-eight-episodes/)

Noe I dont understand it anymore?
When is AoS and when does agent carter start?

Sorry for my ignorance:whatever:

Noe I dont understand it anymore?
When is AoS and when does agent carter start?

Sorry for my ignorance:whatever:
(note that this is for the United States/Canada - not sure how the schedule is working out for the rest of the world)

Agent Carter (which is only 8 episodes) will start in January and will take Agents of SHIELD's Tuesday timeslot while AOS is on it's 'winter hiatus'

Agents of SHIELD is not on this week, due to a Marvel 75th Anniversary special that's being shown (though apparently this isn't being shown in Canada and they're getting episodes (reruns?) of a different show instead). Episode 7 will be on next week (Nov. 11), Ep 8 will be on the week after that (Nov. 18). It won't be on Nov. 25th (according to SpoilerTV.com) due to Dancing With the Stars having a 2 hour season finale.

After that it's not completely clear and some of it depends on whether they want to get to episode 10 or episode 11 before they start their winter break, but at the very least we'll have a couple episodes the first few weeks of December before the winter break starts.

After Agent Carter finishes it's 8 episode run (which should end in February), Agents of SHIELD will return for the remainder of it's season.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Why did AOS get 8 weeks off last year anyway? How many shows normally have this kind of break in the middle that disrupts their momentum?

Was it just to time it with the release of CA:TWS?

Why did AOS get 8 weeks off last year anyway? How many shows normally have this kind of break in the middle that disrupts their momentum?

L O S T took some long ass breaks in the middle of the season, I remember that

If we ignore the weeks that had 'valid' reasons (holidays/special events), my guess is yeah, it was to help them match up with CA:TWS but the way they grouped the breaks (or lack of grouping in some cases) did end up being jarring/they probably could've worked it out a bit better

Here's a list of the breaks/weeks with no new episode that season 1 had:
  • October 23, 2013
  • December 3, 2013
  • December 17, 2013
  • December 24, 2013 Christmas Eve
  • December 31, 2013 New Years Eve
  • January 21, 2014
  • January 28, 2014 State of the Union
  • February 11, 2014 Winter Olympics
  • February 18, 2014 Winter Olympics
  • February 25, 2014
  • March 18, 2014 Marvel: Assembling a Universe special
  • March 25, 2014

To me (at least with the shows I watch) a winter break at the very least is pretty normal and then having the occasional one off due to holidays/events

a good majority of cable television shows do this. Some are slightly longer/shorter than others though.

nearly all hour long shows have this kind of break.

ABC has been starting to favor a long break (with next to no interruptions when the show resumes) for a majority of it's shows.. including SHIELD and ONCE upon a time. They got a lot of upset viewers with these 2 shows in particular when they had a shorter break, and took many random breaks when the shows returned for the second half of the season. At times going 2 weeks without a new episode...

so ABC got what I think is a smarter approach, and rather than having spotty on/off scheduling in the second half of a shows season, take all that time off and add it to the winter break. Take 2 months off a show for a break, and commit full throttle when it returns

L O S T took some long ass breaks in the middle of the season, I remember that

Alot of it had to do with Olympics and things going on last year.....
It hurt AoS for a while because it wasn't on consistently

ah, close enough. that makes it even more doubtful shield will return in January. it will likely be end of February.

The short commercial even says, "an eight-part television event", so yeah, eight episodes.

I have ABC but it says "Commitment 2014 Election Night" in that time slot...

On the Bell TV guide it says Marvel stuff

By the way:

Exclusive look at Ultron and Antman tonight on ABC

Just checked my cable guide, not getting the Marvel 75th until 9pm instead of the 8pm slot that AoS would've been on (*blah* stupid election stuff). So now I have the decision... do I stay up (what for me is) "late" (despite my early morning work schedule) to watch it, or just wait until tomorrow to watch it *sigh*

Decisions decisions.

^ But, 9pm is when Agents of SHIELD is on now this season, though.

Just checked my cable guide, not getting the Marvel 75th until 9pm instead of the 8pm slot that AoS would've been on (*blah* stupid election stuff). So now I have the decision... do I stay up (what for me is) "late" (despite my early morning work schedule) to watch it, or just wait until tomorrow to watch it *sigh*

Decisions decisions.

Stay up. Call in sick.

Time zones bro. It airs at 8pm here (central)

Like Whiskey said, time zones. Where I live, our primetime starts at 7pm instead of 8pm. Putting AoS this season at 8pm (as opposed to the 7pm that it was last season)

Stay up. Call in sick.
If I didn't have a project that a downstream team decided harp on us to get out a.s.a.p. (despite it's commitment date not being until next week - hate it when they do that), I'd seriously consider it *lol* I'll probably stay up though and just miss an hour or so of sleep...I might be a zombie tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be worth it :oldrazz:

I dont have cable :( Im gonna stay up late so I can watch it online.

Man I'm ticked! the local ABC is running friggin Election crap all night!!!
They shouldn't ADVERTISE one thing, and do something ELSE. Last week during the show they advertised the special with the times, and even had a commercial or two the following few days

HHMMMMM wow I guess enough people *****ed that they're showing the Shows that SHOULD be on. Modern Family is on now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"