Alcohol thread

I saw a guy yesterday with a yellow face, buying more booze of course. Yeesh.

With very few exceptions, I hate, hate HATE alcohol. It's why I support cannabis legalization (safer intoxication :cwink:). One of those very few exceptions is either a brandy or a Crown Royal straight on the rocks.

Classy, bi***es :woot:

I actually just quit Cannabis. I have been a week off it :woot:

I have been getting bad anxiety lately. It's been there since I was a little kid, getting worse, I just never did anything about it. I figured I should stop smoking, and try to clean myself out for a while.

With that being said, I prefer that intoxication to Alcohol's, but seeing as I don't have class tomorrow, I am drinking a beer now and watchin the Nascar race from Saturday night I missed, since my favorite driver won :up:

I'm not against people drinking...but I absolutely hate it when people get drunk. It turns them into complete idiot adult babies. No one wants to take care of you.

I know how to drink, so when I get drunk, I'm in control of myself. The same cannot be said of a lot of other people, of course.

My drink seems to be Whiskey and Ginger now. Or this....

12% IPA that actually doesn't taste too hoppy

9.jpg

I know how to drink, so when I get drunk, I'm in control of myself. The same cannot be said of a lot of other people, of course.

Same here. I'm not an active drunk. Just chill talk and laugh. I have lost my **** before but that was in my teenage days and we all know most teenagers handle being drunk about as well as trying to wrestle a lion. Theyre just gonna lose lol.

I like cinnamon stuff or vodka. Whiskey or beer used to be my go to drinks but the hangovers have become awful and they make me a boring lazy drunk. Vodka seems to produce a more active buzz, I find, and I have no hangover.

Last edited:
I didn't start drinking until I was already in my 20's. Some of my co-workers would go out for drinks, and they started asking me to come along (especially since we all wanted to know what kind of drunk I'd become-- turns out I stammer a little and fall asleep). I never experienced the craziness of being a teenage drinker.

My drink of choice was Jack Daniels for a while. I usually preferred Jack & Coke. But I knew I had to give up mixing my alcohol with soda if I wanted to cut my calories, and I started trying out wine. Now I just have a couple of glasses of wine on nights when I don't have work the next morning.

What kind of whiskey do you prefer - blended or single malt?
There are good ones in both, I think.

Next question - scotch or bourbon?

My drink seems to be Whiskey and Ginger now.

Right before I got to your post, I was thinking about how it's been too long since I've had a "whiskey night" with my friends. I guess being older and married will do that, but a few years back, a couple of my friends and I would go out every Monday night (we worked at a bar together, so that was the one night where none of us was working or had to get up the next morning).

We would start at one place that did $1 well drinks, and cycle through rounds of whiskey and Coke/ginger ale/Sprite. Once it got really crowded there (usually 11-12, we would hang out for a little bit, then take our group and whoever we could wrangle to another bar down the street that would be pretty dead on Monday nights, but we knew the staff and they did board games and old video games on Monday nights. So yeah, we would spend the rest of the night playing Trouble or Mario Kart 64 while continuing to get hammered on whiskey.

I'm a bourbon guy myself, and I have absolutely no issue drinking cheap stuff. I know there's a bottle of Kentucky Gentleman or some equivalent at my house right now.

Right before I got to your post, I was thinking about how it's been too long since I've had a "whiskey night" with my friends. I guess being older and married will do that, but a few years back, a couple of my friends and I would go out every Monday night (we worked at a bar together, so that was the one night where none of us was working or had to get up the next morning).

We would start at one place that did $1 well drinks, and cycle through rounds of whiskey and Coke/ginger ale/Sprite. Once it got really crowded there (usually 11-12, we would hang out for a little bit, then take our group and whoever we could wrangle to another bar down the street that would be pretty dead on Monday nights, but we knew the staff and they did board games and old video games on Monday nights. So yeah, we would spend the rest of the night playing Trouble or Mario Kart 64 while continuing to get hammered on whiskey.

That's awesome. My friends suck, most of them like craft beers, and are snobs about it, and the others like Vodka (which makes me soo sick). I am the only one in my group of friends that likes Whiskey. I would love to have done that.

I'm a bourbon guy myself, and I have absolutely no issue drinking cheap stuff. I know there's a bottle of Kentucky Gentleman or some equivalent at my house right now.

I am a bourbon guy too. Scotch is a bit rough. Johnny Walker Red label and Jack are the same price so I switch on and off. I am mostly a Jack guy. I don't care for Jameson, mostly because my friends made me do pickle back shots and it was disgusting.

I haven't had Private Stock or anything yet which I'd like to do soon.

Scotch, for me, is infinitely superior to any imitations. But it is a peculiar thing; it requires time, space, good company and a splash of water. You can't just knock it back, or you'll miss all the complexity.

Last New Years Eve I went into a house party...and the next thing I know I'm spending New Years Day in the hospital after getting my stomach pumped for alchol posioning. So no I don't drink anymore.

I'm having a couple Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ales tonight. Fall beers are easily my favorite seasonal beers. Big Boss Harvest Time may be my favorite (and the Big Boss brewery is right here in Raleigh, even though I have only been there once).

Iam drujk rfihtt nwos! Jk... I dig Aqual Vela!

Awesome taste and high alcohol content that gets you buzzed fast.

I'm not against people drinking...but I absolutely hate it when people get drunk. It turns them into complete idiot adult babies. No one wants to take care of you.

I don't like getting drunk either. I have been drunk once in my life, and never again. I just have maybe 3 drinks at the most, just to loosen up, then I default back on soda or some other non alcholic drink.

While bourbon is the single best type of whiskey, I cannot deny there's some really special scotch out there: Grant's, Ballantine's, Highland Park, Johnnie Walker, Glenfiddich etc and other classic ones. The more aged, the better :)

But the american ones, like Jim Beam, are the best :)

Scotch is something special. I dont buy it when my buddies want to get drunk. I keep scotch for when im alone and going through some **** or just need to think about some stuff. Last scotch I drank was a $60 bottle of Macallen when my dog had to be put down.

I dont do Jack Daniels. Its about as smooth as razorblades dipped in artificial banana flavoring. If I want whiskey I go Irish. Can never go wrong with a bottle of Jameson.

I've yet to find a bourbon I couldn't enjoy.

I'm not much of a mixer. Sugar and liquor is a recipe for a stomach ache. I prefer to do shots or have it in a tumbler straight no ice at room temp. White liquor I drink chilled or with ice .

Last edited:
I have found that there are a lot of really nice english beer out there, for example Guinness, Innis & Gunn, Kilkenny, KingGoblin and similar ones.
I know that atleast a couple of them are irish :oldrazz:

I will have you know that I turn into a GREAT break dancer and an awesome karaoke singer when I drink :o

I sing "Freedom '90" by George Michael like a champ when drunk.

I know that atleast a couple of them are irish :oldrazz:

Innis and Gunn is Scottish.

The best English ales don't really travel well, and the big commercial brands aren't the real thing. Ruddles from Rutland, the Purity beers from Warwickshire, Bath Ales etc are all worth trying to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"