Alcohol thread

Irish whiskey is good, like Jameson and Tullamore Dew. They are lighter than scotch :)

This comes from a guy that actually holds Jack Daniel as no 1 :word:

Does it? DOES IT?! :argh:

See, this is what happens when you drink :o

Dude, that's just you're opinion, man :o

And this is what happens when you smoke :woot:

That sounds messy. Remember to pace yourself!

/envy

I went to one put on by the same people a couple years ago. It was pouring rain so we never left the beer tents or got anything to eat. Combine that with how we went to a bar right afterwards... yeah, it did get a little messy.

Makes you boring.

Or makes you believe that you are some great philosopher. There are few things in this world that are more annoying that someone who gets high and starts trying to talk like they are some kind of genius. You can tell that at least half the time, they have their whole philosophical speech like planned out and are just waiting until they take a hit to have an excuse to use it.

Woah, woah, Donnie, why so aggressive? Have you been drinking? :hehe:

In all seriousness, I prefer to smoke than drink. The only alcohol of which I will partake is either a glass of Crown or brandy, straight and on the rocks. I don't like the feeling of being drunk, and I'm really prone to hangovers. It sucks. But I'm not going to purposefully troll anyone who chooses one over the other.

And for your information, Mr. Darko, I AM a genius :o Link to the book's in the sig, pal :hehe:

Or makes you believe that you are some great philosopher. There are few things in this world that are more annoying that someone who gets high and starts trying to talk like they are some kind of genius. You can tell that at least half the time, they have their whole philosophical speech like planned out and are just waiting until they take a hit to have an excuse to use it.
And that philosophical speech usually appears to have been devised when they were about sixteen, probably when they started using the stuff.

I know plenty of people who smoke and are fine to be around. My best friend smokes pretty much all the time and he's never annoyed me with it other than when he has it somewhere that he shouldn't (like has it out while we are riding down a busy street).

It's just like the select few that piss me off. It seems like if there is ever a group of people smoking, there is at least one guy who immediately breaks out with something like "man, what if, like, time is circular, and if we live long enough, we get to see dinosaurs?"

It's the same with people who drink, though. There can be 30 people drinking and having a good time, then like two dudes walk in pretty much looking for any excuse to get in a fight. I have one friend who said something to me about how people kept trying to pick fights with him, and I was just like "if you're getting in a fight at a bar every weekend, do you REALLY think it's the other people causing it?"

I know plenty of people who smoke and are fine to be around. My best friend smokes pretty much all the time and he's never annoyed me with it other than when he has it somewhere that he shouldn't (like has it out while we are riding down a busy street).

It's just like the select few that piss me off. It seems like if there is ever a group of people smoking, there is at least one guy who immediately breaks out with something like "man, what if, like, time is circular, and if we live long enough, we get to see dinosaurs?"

:lmao: Actually those conversations are pretty hilarious. But I get the point. Although philosophical speculation is part of the fun of partaking, as I call it.

It's the same with people who drink, though. There can be 30 people drinking and having a good time, then like two dudes walk in pretty much looking for any excuse to get in a fight. I have one friend who said something to me about how people kept trying to pick fights with him, and I was just like "if you're getting in a fight at a bar every weekend, do you REALLY think it's the other people causing it?"

This. 100% :up:

If it's after noon is it okay to drink? What bothers me are people who are impaired, regardless of their choice of impairment. They just annoy the hell out of me.

When is okay for your first drink? I think it varies with context. Champagne with breakfast on Christmas morning is acceptable, but whisky with your cornflakes on an ordinary Tuesday probably denotes a problem.

I think an aperitif 1/2 hour-1 hour before dinner is about right. For me, that usually means about 8-8.30pm.

I think mimosas (champagne & orange juice) are generally considered a breakfast/brunch drink.

But for the most part, you have to wait until the sun is over the yardarm. Whatever a yardarm is.

Makes you boring.

Agreed. Not that I have a problem with the plant or those who responsibly partake of it, but its not my drug of choice. Its boring. Alcohol on the other hand makes me pretty fun to a point. Ive found that as I get older the more drunk I get the more emotional I get. I'm trying to rediscover my sweet spot.

I am a rum drinker other dark liquors create a hangover for me. Drink it with coke and slice of lime, preferably cold.

I didn't know there were so many alkies on the Hype. Sad people.

It's not because you like alcohol that you are an alcoholic.
Like many things all lies in moderation.

I normally don't go for pre-made stuff, but this Evan Williams egg nog is good.

I can drink most beers. My favorite mixed drink is Captain Morgan and Coke. Once in awhile I'll have a Long Island.

Ashamed to say I got put to the sword in a fairly minor pub crawl the other night. A sign of age, perhaps, or else ale is getting stronger.

I like beer. Preferably, German beer. In a beer boot.

Remain convinced that English ale is the best in the world, but freely admit that a bathtub's worth of unbelievably moreish Veltins is what did for me last time.

English ale, aye? I loved the Newcastle Werewolf, which I'm not ashamed to say I bought for its namesake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"